FIFA Corruption

islingtonclaret

to me I dont really give a ****. though when a moron like John Delaney who has no respect for his own football league is going against Blatter then you know that he isnt the dodgy party here ;)

• Like 1

So blatter has said he isn't responsible for the actions of individuals. Is this guy for real? He's the head of this organisation, surely by the very nature of his job he makes himself responsible for the actions of every individual who represents FIFA!

If he gets reelected tomorrow it will be a disgrace!

At end of the day the following will more than likely happen

-Blatter will be re-elected tomorrow

-Russia and Qatar will host their World Cups

- European FAs will talk a lot about boycotts but will get enough money to shut up

- fans will say they wont watch World Cup in 2022 but they will

nothing ever changes ;)

• Like 2

People really should organize letter writing campaign at the FIFA's sponsors, that's the best way to get their attention. Sending emails or whinning in twitter won't make much of a difference but when companies start to get thousands or even tens of thousands actual physical letters, they will start to listen.

Disagree. You can't strip Qatar on the basis the process is bent and not do it for Russia. They will go ahead as scheduled.

I was thinking that maybe Qatar will lose it on the basis of the reluctance to host a winter tournament but you're probably right.

The whole process should've been re-run ages ago when it was decided that it would be held in winter.

dont know id still rather watch a World Cup final at a reasonable drinking hour :)

Serious question, have the Qataris paid you to shill for them on here? :P

I wish they did

I just dont get upset about big angry FIFA like others do. Its not going to have any effect on Villa or Ireland so I dont really give a shit so I can see it for black and white and not have any agendas ;)

Most people don't have agendas when it comes to FIFA. The whole situation surrounding Qatar is absurd and it's important to remember that England were never even in the bidding process for that.

Surely if/when the hosting countries representatives are found guilty of bribes, then having the tournaments taken off them is a given? If they are found guilty of bribing then they should be banned from all international tournaments for 10 years minimum.

AFC confirmed they will still vote for blatter, but they at least they are disappointed with recent events...

they have 47 members, japan, south korea and australia being the biggest, iran being the highest ranked in 40th, they also have qatar as a member which probably explains a lot

blatter has got these guys more teams at world cups and taken a world cup to one of them and now about to take it to another, CAF will be the same

the vote will be very interesting

Edited by villa4europe

How does Blatter get so much support? It's like they live in a bubble.

Because he's basically lined their pockets for years - why kill the cash cow.

Also, I suppose if blatter goes and gets embroiled in the investigation will he take them all with him?

The whole thing stinks, how blatter can basically say he cant monitor everyone in fifa and use it as an excuse is both laughable and insulting.

Uefa should upsticks and boycott. This will force the main sponsors to seriously assess their affiliations with fifa.

because like Havelange he did a lot of work with the smaller/poorer nations like the FIFA Goal project which builds facilities for countries that cant afford it. Also fact before Havelange came in World Cup places was 3 out of 16 for non Europe/South America countries. 2014 had 13 out of 32 from these regions

Its quite easy to see why he gets so much support

Edited by Zatman

How does Blatter get so much support? It's like they live in a bubble.

posted mine while you were posting

blatter knows how the system works, its 1 vote per country, he's not interested in england, he's not even that interested in UEFA, we have 1 vote, nepal has 1 vote, he distributes wealth, has increased the chance of smaller nations from outside the bigger confederations, he's also tried to take the world cup around the world rather than to just established nations, he has the likes of CAF, CFA and the OFC in his back pocket

platini is doing the exact same with UEFA, the english dont like him and wont vote for him but the reality the likes of BATE only get in to the champions league because of him so belarus and the majority of other eastern european nations will vote for him

AFC confirmed they will still vote for blatter, but they at least they are disappointed with recent events...

they have 47 members, japan, south korea and australia being the biggest, iran being the highest ranked in 40th, they also have qatar as a member which probably explains a lot

blatter has got these guys more teams at world cups and taken a world cup to one of them and now about to take it to another, CAF will be the same

the vote will be very interesting

How does this work exactly? Does the continental association vote according to majority decision by their members? I mean that the bloke running against Blatter is Jordanian so is the AFC speaking for their FA too?

because like Havelange he did a lot of work with the smaller/poorer nations like the FIFA Goal project which builds facilities for countries that cant afford it. Also fact before Havelange came in World Cup places was 3 out of 16 for non Europe/South America countries. 2014 had 13 out of 32 from these regions

Its quite easy to see why he gets so much support

True, he has done a huge amount for Asian and African football, but I doubt a replacement would reverse any of those changes, they'd continue that work but hopefully without the bribey bits thrown in. The man is an utter despot, it's laughable that he is still clinging onto power and he is actually likely to keep hold of it until he's forcably removed.

• Like 1

I think they vote in a block but I assume Jordan will go against the rest of AFC but cant see anybody else since this guy lost a big internal election in AFC last year

• Like 1

If sponsors start pulling out en masse, then there might be some hope. The underbelly of Blatter is exposed, it's up to FIFA's partners to stick the knife in while they can.

I think they vote in a block but I assume Jordan will go against the rest of AFC but cant see anybody else since this guy lost a big internal election in AFC last year

Na its 1 vote per fifa member nation (of which ithink there are 254) and blatter only needs 105 votes to remain in power which he will get from the caf and ofc, hence why he couldn't give a toss what europe and our 50 odd votes account for. Sepp doesn't need support from europe to remain in charge.

Edited by Jimzk5

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â