FIFA Corruption

islingtonclaret

I hope the European leagues challenge this.

There is nothing left to challenge now, through the last 4 years fifa have had numerous allegations of corruption to deal with (all gone quiet on the Garcia report uh?) human rights abuse around Qatar and the absurdity of giving the WC to a nation who's summer temperatures top 50 degrees and just buried the lot

What will happen now is there will be shorter tournament and the leagues disrupted will be compensated.

I don't think I'll watch the Russia and Qatar World Cups.

The piss has been taken.

The only loss is to you if you don't watch them. If anyone really wants to effect change in FIFA, you hit the sponsors. If you're going to boycott anything, boycott them.

• Like 2

The only loss is to you if you don't watch them. If anyone really wants to effect change in FIFA, you hit the sponsors. If you're going to boycott anything, boycott them.

How will the sponsor know that you have stopped buying addidas or drinking Budweiser because they sponsored the world cup?

This will be the only World Cup I won't be interested in, at all.

I'm not reacting and pretending to be sticking to principals either here, I really just won't bother. The way it's been handled is taking the piss out of the world so badly I would actually feel wrong being a consumer of it.

target the sponsors - tell them you've deliberately not bought their product because they associate with the World Cup

it really does work, for all the fluff and rubbish around social media, a campaign telling the advertisers they've made a mistake on twitter and facebook has massive impact

if it does nothing else, it'll make sponsors chuck some quick money at under 7's disabled lesbian 5 a side football in a few local communities as a pay off

• Like 2

How will the sponsor know that you have stopped buying addidas or drinking Budweiser because they sponsored the world cup?

How would they know you hadn't watched them? Obviously the only way is if there was a facebook page or similar saying that they would boycott the sponsors, or the twitter thing as chrisp says. It certainly has a lot more efficacious potential than not watching them or, god forbid, a petition.

So who wants to set up the Facebook page? I'd do it, but I do not have the stomach for revolution.

Edited by yillan

Hopefully the bubble has burst in football by 2022 and all the big teams and leagues have gone bankrupt. Teams are reformed, wages are not obscene and we start again! 

• Like 1

The whole situation regarding the bid is ridiculous,

The voting and scheduling are only minor when it comes to the human rights and healthy environment breaches which are both part of the criteria for even being able to enter into the bidding process in the first place.

Fans will even struggle to get there, along with no beer and ridiculous humidity it will ruin the whole atmosphere. 

My first thought was its bonkers but then I am thinking our players will be at peak fitness unlike the summer so we have a much better chance of doing well. Also temperature will be about 22 degrees and humidity no higher than uk

Edited by PaulC
  • Like 1

I have no problems with the decision to play in NOvember/December because it is a **** you to Premier League and a **** you to FA who dont do anything that isnt in their own interest anyway e.g. i dont see tickets going down with their new Sky deal

people moaning about the heat well the conditions for pre-season friendlies in the US is hardly ideal are they when all the big teams go over or even worse Bayern Munich just played a friendly in SAudi Arabia on their winter break, also id imagine the 39th game had Qatar as a possible venue

FIFA reduce the tournament to 28 days not 32.

Projected end date of 23rd December (Thats boxing day **** then)  

Valcke says there will be no compensation to clubs and they have nothing to apologise for.

Questions about conditions for migrant workers met with "yeah we know we have issues, but look.... look over there. Those guys are SO much worse."

Pretty depressing all round really.

Places like Qatar and Dubai treat immigrant workers like slaves.  I am all for taking football to new places but not in the name of greed. 

Would love to boycott this world cup and its sponsors.  I will see if I have the will power!

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â