FIFA Corruption

islingtonclaret

It'd be nice if the FA did some sort of public consultation about pulling out of FIFA. I suspect there'd be strong support for doing that now.

With such a corrupt monolithic organisation, the only way to change them is to take away their power. Form a new decentralised governing body and invite all nations to participate with an equal share of power. A republic style body rather than a de facto despotism.

• Like 1

Not a chance, unfortunately blatter with FIFA and Platini at UEFA have seen that it's 1 vote per FA, our opinion is worth as much as madagascars, and blatter has madagascars vote sown up because he promised them fairer qualification to the World Cup

If we made a stand or went it alone we would end up just that

How'd you convince other nations to join you in a movement where your opinion matters more than theirs? And these shitty little nations voting against blatter / Platini would be turkey's and Christmas

Who cares if other countries don't join England? Eventually a deal will be worked out. In the mean time just play the odd international friendly against composite sides and continue to rally against FIFA corruption.

Worldwide unrest against FIFA corruption and the strength of the English game with regards to football across the globe is stronger than you think. People will petition their countries to join England if they go, especially as we approach 2022

no they wont, we'll be seen as petulantly throwing ours toys out of the pram because we haven't got our own way and won a world cup

the suggestion that others would join us depends on other countries have investigative journalists that are as interested in corruption in FIFA as ours are, but I've never seen anything to suggest that being true

breaking away isnt the answer and wont work, the answer is continuing what we are doing, drag others in to it (id seen something yesterday suggesting that if you can prove US dollars have changed hands then there is the potential for the FBI to start an investigation) get something absolutely undeniable and watch it crumble, i think blatter winning another term will do it, more larger nations will become unsettled and start to ask the right questions, you would think that Qatar would do it but they are by and large getting away with it

the fall out from this report + Qatar + blatter being re-elected will cause more unrest than england playing billy big bollocks

Who cares if other countries don't join England? Eventually a deal will be worked out. In the mean time just play the odd international friendly against composite sides and continue to rally against FIFA corruption.

Worldwide unrest against FIFA corruption and the strength of the English game with regards to football across the globe is stronger than you think. People will petition their countries to join England if they go, especially as we approach 2022

the English FA has always had this opinion that they are above FIFA and that is why they get treated shabbily. e.g. 1930 World Cup the home nations pulled out as they thought it wouldnt be as important without them and they should be the host. another example is when England had a FIFA president they ignored the lesser continents like Asia and Africa and thats how Havalange and Blatter got into power due to arrogance of English leadership

you comment about strength of the English game is one of them comments that people like Blatter try to take down not that it means anything since they didnt win the vote for 2018

It saddens me that I'm going to have to stop watching the World Cup at some point. Really enjoyed the last one a lot more than I thought I would.

why do you have to stop? because a dodgy bid beat another dodgy bid. People that think the English FA were corruption free are crazy. they arranged pointless friendlies in Trinidad and Thailand(which they then cancelled when they didnt win the rights)

It saddens me that I'm going to have to stop watching the World Cup at some point. Really enjoyed the last one a lot more than I thought I would.

why do you have to stop? because a dodgy bid beat another dodgy bid. People that think the English FA were corruption free are crazy. they arranged pointless friendlies in Trinidad and Thailand(which they then cancelled when they didnt win the rights)

Forget about 2018. Are you happy watching a World Cup in Qatar?

Very few people actually think that.

yeah why not? games will be on during the winter. Would you rather sit at home on a cold miserable November night and watch Emmerdale or Brazil vs Netherlands

and before people get on a moral high ground about fans dying in the buildings of stadiums, nobody seemed to care about 2014 World Cup going ahead

why forget 2018? you think the people that dont care about russia's suspect social behaviour will suddenly care about qatars?

the stories about corruption will end, the stories about worker deaths will end, the stories about it being played in winter will end and eventually the stories about homophobia and antisemitism will end and people will watch football

• Like 1

yeah why not? games will be on during the winter. Would you rather sit at home on a cold miserable November night and watch Emmerdale or Brazil vs Netherlands

and before people get on a moral high ground about fans dying in the buildings of stadiums, nobody seemed to care about 2014 World Cup going ahead

The farce of awarding it to Qatar might be a step too far for me. I hope Emmerdale isn't rescheduled because of the football.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â