Easy Jobs Hard Jobs Good Jobs Bad Jobs

chrisp65

my mate's a care worker - he's doing it for experience as he's decided to properly retrain and become a doctor ( he's 27 now so long way to go ). He's got the aptitude for it, but I couldn't do it tbh. The turnover is so high as well, lots of people quit apparently - at least where he works, he does complain about the shifts at times, but I try not to mention that if he wants to become a doctor he'd best get used to it! :P

Though he does get some cracking stories from it with some of the older chaps regaling him with stories from their lives.

Being a bin man you would need a 30 minute shower after each shift. You must of stank to high heaven.

Why? they don't actually touch any rubbish and get provided with gloves and an overall.

Oh come on, some of that crap is going to rub off on you. After doing a 5 hour shift collecting bins you would stink, not as bad as a sewage worker, but you would still stink.

Being a bin man you would need a 30 minute shower after each shift. You must of stank to high heaven.

Why? they don't actually touch any rubbish and get provided with gloves and an overall.

Oh come on, some of that crap is going to rub off on you. After doing a 5 hour shift collecting bins you would stink, not as bad as a sewage worker, but you would still stink.

Does this kind of 'work' interest you? hmm...

:detect: 

Edited by AVFCforever1991
  • Like 2

Nah I regularly pick them up after work, they don't, it's not the job it used to be

Binmen have been quite well paid for years. My dad spent his career as a carpenter for the city council and even when he was starting out in the early 70s binmen were amongst the best paid manual council workers and also had the best contact package.

Care worker at nursing home.. Awful job, minimum wage, have to work crap shifts, can get punched/kicked/scratched by patients and have to wipe people's asses

Could be a winner for me this.

No more so than a session down the gym, and less so than in some other professions. All the rubbish in in wheelie bins. These guys wheel the wheelie bin (as long as it's not over full) to the back of the truck and it gets pulled in and emptied. Theuy then wheel it back to someone near-ish where they got it from.

Relatively stink-free. Nothing a 5 minute post work shower wouldn't fix.

At circa 30k a year, it's good work, if you can get it, is over the average national wage, and requires little in the way of 'qualifications'.

Care worker at nursing home.. Awful job, minimum wage, have to work crap shifts, can get punched/kicked/scratched by patients and have to wipe people's asses

That's not true.  Looking after pets is not part of the job.

Eh?

Yeah, this one lost me too.

Chris just explained though - asses = donkies

Edited by Jon

Binmen have been quite well paid for years. My dad spent his career as a carpenter for the city council and even when he was starting out in the early 70s binmen were amongst the best paid manual council workers and also had the best contact package.

It always used to be the case that there was a lot of racial discrimination on the bins - it was a well-paid job, with thieving perks, and the white guys made sure they had a monopoly. You never saw a black or Asian binmen (not sure if you do now, come to think of it). 

So I was rather surprised when I went to the USA and found that (in Baltimore at any rate) ALL the binmen were black. 

At circa 30k a year, it's good work, if you can get it, is over the average national wage, and requires little in the way of 'qualifications'.

30k a year? For that? **** sake - thats totally ridiculous. 

It always used to be the case that there was a lot of racial discrimination on the bins - it was a well-paid job, with thieving perks, and the white guys made sure they had a monopoly. You never saw a black or Asian binmen (not sure if you do now, come to think of it). 

So I was rather surprised when I went to the USA and found that (in Baltimore at any rate) ALL the binmen were black. 

I would hazard a guess that said occupation in the states is not so well paid .... ;)

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â