Rugby: General Chat

MessiWillSignForVilla

9 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

as with any sponsorship of an existing stadium, it's just for official purposes

"what you doing at the weekend? going to twickenham mate"

doesn't change anything really...i mean, it's not as if the money the sponsorship brings in will make tickets any cheaper is it. hopefully the money helps the grassroots out at least

It doesn't but you would never see the national stadium of any sport, completely drop the name of the stadium for a sponsorship deal. (I'm excluding the likes of the Principality and Aviva as they were new builds).

Even if the national stadium is sponsored to some degree, ie: Wembley Stadium 'Connected by EE' or BT Murrayfield as it was called or Scottish Gas Murrayfield as it is now officially called, it still has the actual name of the stadium in it. 

And I wouldn't trust the RFU to organize a p*ss up in a brewery, let alone direct any funds towards the good of the game in England. It will more than likely go towards the executives pay and a large bonus for whoever negotiated the deal. 

Edited by Avfc96

4 minutes ago, Avfc96 said:

It doesn't but you would never see the national stadium of any sport, completely drop the name of the stadium for a sponsorship deal. (I'm excluding the likes of the Principality and Aviva as they were new builds).

Even if the national stadium is sponsored to some degree, ie: Wembley Stadium 'Connected by EE' or BT Murrayfield as it was called or Scottish Gas Murrayfield as it is now officially called, it still has the actual name of the stadium in it. 

And I wouldn't trust the RFU to organize a p*ss up in a brewery, let alone direct any funds towards the good of the game in England. It will more than likely go towards the executives pay and a large bonus for whoever negotiated the deal. 

principality stadium was originally named the millenium stadium...it was renamed in 2016 in a 10 year sponsorship deal

i think your last point is sadly true however

12 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

principality stadium was originally named the millenium stadium...it was renamed in 2016 in a 10 year sponsorship deal

i think your last point is sadly true however

But the Millennium was the new build name, it wasn't like it was called New National Stadium or such like. The Principality was a rename of a new build.

• 4 weeks later...

Saw the highlights of South Africa v New Zealand. It's quite evident now, just how other countries have caught up with the endless quality All Blacks teams. There was a time when you found it hard trying to recall the last time they lost a game. 

If I had to pick the top 5 teams,  I would go, 5, France. 4,Argentina. 3, New Zealand. 2, Ireland. 1, South Africa. England just slightly behind. Autumn internationals could be very interesting. 

There's absolutely no way Argentina are better than France. To be honest its South Africa and then a tie between France/Ireland/New Zealand, then England then Argentina/wales/scotland/Australia

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â