Rugby: General Chat

MessiWillSignForVilla

it's kinda sad though. really don't know where it's gone wrong. i was in paris when we won the grand slam, and the rugby we played in the australia series the same year was superb

• Like 1

I actually like Eddie Jones and his World Cup record is very good. But the last few years he seems to have really lost the plot. I don’t think Borthers is the short term option, after the World Cup yes I’d take him, but now I wouldn’t know who to go for 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Gatland has returned to the Wales set-up and Pivac sacked! 

just hope the RFU take note and do the right thing tomorrow with EJ. 

Weird. The Australian media were already reporting Jones as sacked this morning. 

Eddie Jones will split with the RFU on Monday, his seven-year reign as England coach over just nine months before the World Cup in France.

He will go down in history as the most successful England coach in regards to wins and losses, with a 73 per cent win rate, a World Cup runner’s up medal, two Six Nations titles and one grand slam.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/rugby-union/jones-departure-launches-rugby-s-game-of-thrones-20221204-p5c3j9.html

• Thanks 1

Anyone else find it odd that Wasps and Worcester just get to join The Championship? How come they don't start at the lowest professional league like Rangers. 

I know you could argue they like Rangers should in fact start at the very very bottom of the league structure so how far do you take it but  if I was a National League 1 club trying to get into The Championship I'd be well pissed off that they're just dropped into it following financial mis management. 

Right decision Eddie went, although was shocked the RFU did do it. He probably stayed 18 months too long. He’ll easily get another job straight away. 
Seems Borthwick will be the man coming in, is he too much of the same thing having worked under Eddie? 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Eddie Jones straight back into the head coach role at Australia. 5 year contact. Bit harsh on Dave Rennie I think who's been sacked. Had them playing decent rugby but lost a lot of games due to injuries and a small talent pool. They ran France, Ireland, and New Zealand close with a decimated squad.

Eddie is going to benefit from the groundwork laid by Dave. Be interesting if we draw Australia at the world cup.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Jonesy7211 said:

Eddie Jones straight back into the head coach role at Australia. 5 year contact. Bit harsh on Dave Rennie I think who's been sacked. Had them playing decent rugby but lost a lot of games due to injuries and a small talent pool. They ran France, Ireland, and New Zealand close with a decimated squad.

Eddie is going to benefit from the groundwork laid by Dave. Be interesting if we draw Australia at the world cup.

It’s no surprise he’s got a top job so quickly (although am a bit surprised it was Oz). 
He’s still a top coach who knows the game well, he has just run his course with England and we needed a change. He seemed to want to outwit the media at every turn and refused to play players who they asked about who were in form.

Edited by mikeyp102
  • Like 1

Borthwick first squad out, apparently he’s confirmed Farrell will captain, so I wonder if that’s 12 or 10. 

Surprised to see Dan Cole back in, but still one of the best scrummagers around. Joe Marchant back is good as I really rate him and seemed cast aside by Jones. 

Edited by mikeyp102

So RFU trying to introduce a below the waste tackle policy. I’m not surprised with all the dementia law suits at present. 
Many moons ago when I played I was taught to tackle cheek to cheek (face to arse), and get down low. But it does seem tackle technique has got higher ans higher (I’d question the rugby league impact in that). 

Edited by mikeyp102

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â