Libor Kozák

samjp26

Just really good news. I hope it goes well for him, he deserves a bit of luck after all this.

Think you've missed a few posts...he is back in light training with the physios - that's a good distance away from full training with the first team and even further away from first team action ....

Well yes, it is though a significant improvement against being on crutches.

Hopefully the recovery continues now without further setback and then we'll see if he's still capable at the highest level.

• Like 1

The next time we see him in the famous shirt it will have skybet patches on the arms

If that is so he would score an absolute shit load of goals in the championship. I'm not his biggest fan admittedly, yet, I think he lacks technical ability, but he's a big old unit and his finishing is excellent. He'd smash that league apart.

Pleased he's on his way back at last. Should recover just fine now.

I agree, him and Weimann for example as a front two in 4-4-2 would probably fire us to promotion.

Let's hope it dosen't come to that though.

• Like 1

What a terrible time he has out out. He looked decent albeit with little pace when I last saw him. I don't know what 18 months out will do to him either. Hope he gets back sometime.

good thing for him really that he never relied on pace as im sure this would damage maybe a faster player

Lambert said today that he's now doing ball work with the physios. I would think we'll see him on the bench at some point next month, and you'd have to say that would be a real boost. 

So we will see him flying into the stands after banging a few goals in!?

The next time we see him in the famous shirt it will have skybet patches on the arms

If that is so he would score an absolute shit load of goals in the championship. I'm not his biggest fan admittedly, yet, I think he lacks technical ability, but he's a big old unit and his finishing is excellent. He'd smash that league apart.

Pleased he's on his way back at last. Should recover just fine now.

He is a unit and as we saw with United yesterday sometimes just getting the ball in the box with a tall target man can get you a goal when you are desperate ...as we are very much desperate for goals.

Hopefully we see him this season 

Imagine if he comes back and cracks in the goals to save us! That would be nice.

I will say though, he never impressed me with his general play at all when fit.

I think it was Hull at home he played and looked like was carrying a bag of sand on his back. I think it'll the new season till he is any use to us.

Looked to have a knack for getting goals though which is lovely. If he carries that on, he doesn't need to run that much.

Imagine if he comes back and cracks in the goals to save us! That would be nice.

I will say though, he never impressed me with his general play at all when fit.

I think it was Hull at home he played and looked like was carrying a bag of sand on his back. I think it'll the new season till he is any use to us.

Looked to have a knack for getting goals though which is lovely. If he carries that on, he doesn't need to run that much.

maybe all that can be negated by taking up good positions....we have had pacey players, with no brain, so one is as bad as the other.

• 2 weeks later...

Aston Villa: Libor Kozak could play this season after nightmare injury lay-off

Sherwood has confirmed that the former Lazio frontman is now in light training with the Under-21s development squad.

It’s non-contact and it’s with the U21 squad,” said the new Villa manager.

“They are tailoring the sessions for him, which is good.

“We are bedding him in nice and slowly. He has that get the confidence up because it was a nasty break and didn’t heal as quickly as everyone wanted.

“We are looking forward to seeing him, perhaps before the end of the season which would be good.”

Â