Libor Kozák

samjp26

Cissokho getting down the wing and whipping in crosses will be a lot more effective with this chap on the end of them.

Exactly what's in my thoughts. He may not be the most mobile but he has shown he can get on the end of a cross. So with Cissokho showing that he can get down the line and whip in some decent balls I hope we do more of this when Libor is back...and maybe get Hutton to do the same occasionally.

I truly believe he will become a bit of a cult hero for us.

Yeah I can see that but they aren't always for the right reasons.  Makoun was a bit of a cult hero when he joined.

You don't really say too many positive things do you?

What? Have you got me confused with someone else?  I've been defending gabby and bent, i've defended lambert and the performance and result yesterday and have commented on how well cissokho, hutton, delph and westwood have played.  I've enjoyed the start we've made and i'm feeling a lot more optimistic about this season.  What have I said that's so negative?

Must just be getting the wrong vibe.

Cissokho getting down the wing and whipping in crosses will be a lot more effective with this chap on the end of them.

Exactly what's in my thoughts. He may not be the most mobile but he has shown he can get on the end of a cross. So with Cissokho showing that he can get down the line and whip in some decent balls I hope we do more of this when Libor is back...and maybe get Hutton to do the same occasionally.

agree completely. So far he hasnt had any crosses provided for him 

but knowing the genius that is PL once kozak is back he will tell them to play balls in behind for him to run on to

He looked a little bit slow last season, but hopefully he can use his strength to outmuscle opposition defenders to the crosses that will be coming his way. I liked him. Not spectacular, but seemed tidy on the ball, strong, and knew where the net was!

he might have been a bit slow, but atleast he scored goals which is what we really need at the moment. when libor and benteke is back feels like the start of the season for me, thats when we see what our team actually can do. for now we just have to limp on and try to get as many points as possible

He isn't the all round modern day striker like Benteke is but of what I've seen from him he has great strengths to his game.  He got in great positions last season and scored really important goals, I reckon he would of easily got over 10 goals last season despite coming off the bench a lot.  He has something that the likes of Gabby and Weimann don't....a brain!! Some of his flicks and hold up play were class last year.  Hurry back big Libor

I don't rate this player at all.

Would you like to expand on this statement? 

His 4 goals in 9 starts in tough circumstances while settling into a new country just aren't good enough! :)

• Like 2

A very large % of the goals he scored for Brescia, Lazio & the Czech republic are headers from crosses after he made clever runs into and in the box.

With the right supply he will do the same for us, I think Cissokho to Kozak will generate a fair number of goals.

Hopefully we can add a creative wingplayer who can cross the ball to replace Gabby & Andi.

Even thou he's tall imo he's not gonna work as a traditional targetman, and should not be used as one

Edited by sne

A very large % of the goals he scored for Brescia, Lazio & the Czech republic are headers from crosses after he made clever runs into and in the box.

With the right supply he will do the same for us, I think Cissokho to Kozak will generate a fair number of goals.

Hopefully we can add a creative wingplayer who can cross the ball to replace Gabby & Andi.

Even thou he's tall imo he's not gonna work as a traditional targetman, and should not be used as one

Yeah agree with this wholeheartedly. I think we just got tempted to hoof to him last year because he's tall, but he's good with the ball at his feet and good in the air when in the box (or when aiming headers at goal rather than flicking them on)

Strange how he's good at attacking a ball in the box but useless at winning a ball to flick on. He will chip in and help us when he's back, he's not good enough to start every game at this level but he's a very useful addition to the squad.

• Like 1

I really like Kozak.

It was obvious he was still getting used to the speed of the league, yet he still managed to score four goals in nine. Shane Long, who is more experienced in the league, scored 4 in 11 for Hull last season has just been sold to Southampton for 12m, I think this shows the potential of Kozak.

He works hard, gets into good positions, finds good positioning in the box (something Gabby rarely does, and he has been in the first team for nearly 10 years), and will continue to improve.

I like him.

Edited by dodgyknees

Currently if Benteke gets injured we have nobody with his physical presence up front. Kozak gives us that presence and has showed that he can score goals as well. I would much rather Kozak our number 2 up front than Agbonlahor.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â