Libor Kozák

samjp26

Still wondering is there anyone who would be happy to have him as number 1 striker next year?

I personally couldn't answer that question until later on in year.

Yes its too early to say. If Benteke does go its stands to reason we will sign another striker. But you need competition for places and Kozak offers healthy competition

Still wondering is there anyone who would be happy to have him as number 1 striker next year?

No. We should be replacing Benteke with a striker who at least has the potential to reach Benteke's level.

Kozak has done pretty well and certainly should be starting over Benteke at the moment but as I said when we signed him, he has his clear limitations and I'm almost certain that he will never be a top-six player.

Why won't we have Kozák?

Con said back in the thread that eventually he'll leave Villa for a fee north of £30m

You wouldn't even be able to get £30m for him on Football Manager.

I'd be happy with him. He's getting better and better, bags of potential , possibly more than Benteke.

I'm not sure he has more potential than Benteke, but I do think he's improving and will continue to do so as he becomes more accustomed to the league and his teammates. And if we do finally sign a creative midfielder who can provide him better service I think he'll improve even more. I'm happy with him as our #1 striker right now over Benteke's form and would be happy enough with him moving forward also.

• Like 1

I'd be happy with him. He's getting better and better, bags of potential , possibly more than Benteke.

Not sure if I would go that far, I think Benteke has the potential to be a more complete striker. Kozak has the potential to be more of a top class Poacher/Target man type with link up play in the mix. Only time will tell though.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

No. We should be replacing Benteke with a striker who at least has the potential to reach Benteke's level.

Kozak has done pretty well and certainly should be starting over Benteke at the moment but as I said when we signed him, he has his clear limitations and I'm almost certain that he will never be a top-six player.

Finding a striker with the potential to turn into a world class player, for the budget we have and the wages we pay is almost impossible. We got lucky with benteke.

Id rather take the money and buy players in other positions. With a better team around him, kozak could score a bucket load of goals. For those reasons, I'd be happy to keep kozak as our striker next season.

• Like 3

Id rather take the money and buy players in other positions. With a better team around him, kozak could score a bucket load of goals. For those reasons, I'd be happy to keep kozak as our striker next season.

Agreed. I think that Kozak will gradually become more and more comfortable in the league and I think he'll continue to develop as an effective striker. If we build a team around him with plenty of width and the ability to put in some good crosses/final passes, he could end up racking up a decent amount of goals.

Just wondering is there anyone who would be happy if we sold benteke in the summer and spent the money in other areas and had kozak as our number 1 striker?

As others have stated, it's too early to say for sure.

It depends what other players are signed, if we signed a winger and a creative attacking midfielder who were going to improve the first team, rather than the squad, then I would probably be more than happy to go into the next season with Kozak as our number one striker. That would be dependent on a few other things though, most importantly Kozak continuing to show improvement over the course of this season. All being well Helenius will be a different attacking option for us as well next season, even if he's not an all out striker. Gabby and Andi provide us other options up front as well.

Finding a striker with the potential to turn into a world class player, for the budget we have and the wages we pay is almost impossible. We got lucky with benteke.

We are speaking on the assumption that we will get a decent fee for Benteke and you'd hope that a certain amount of that will go towards his replacement. Also, I didn't say 'world-class' as Benteke isn't that at this moment in time but we should go for a player that has the potential to become a top-four quality player. Obviously potential is just that but we need to attempt to go for a player like that for the sake of our progression. We won't progress by replacing Benteke with a player of lesser ability like Kozak.

Agreed. I think that Kozak will gradually become more and more comfortable in the league and I think he'll continue to develop as an effective striker. If we build a team around him with plenty of width and the ability to put in some good crosses/final passes, he could end up racking up a decent amount of goals.

This argument could have been made about bent but a lot wanted him gone because they didn't want a player that needed a team built around him and didn't offer much else than goals in the box.

• Like 1

This argument could have been made about bent but a lot wanted him gone because they didn't want a player that needed a team built around him and didn't offer much else than goals in the box.

I can;t agree with you on that.Darren Bent touches the ball three times a half on average in his last three full games. Kozak makes a bigger impression than that. Ask the Stoke defence who they'd rather pay against, they wouldn't know Darren was on the pitch

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â