Libor Kozák

samjp26

3 in the league I think.

I remember when Benteke was 3 games in. Most people thought he was useless.

I'm willing to give Kozak more time and stand by my earlier statement that he was unlucky to be hooked instead of Benteke.

I haven't replied on a thread for about 5 years on here but I feel I need to.

Kozak was better than benteke yesterday. Benteke is just off form, his touch was poor, he got beaten in the air more often than not and hai volley was wayward in the first half (maybe 2nd half).

Kozak had a better touch, his shot off the bar was decent, he held the ball and have it better than benteke.

The reason benteke stayed on is that 2-0 down in the derby, lambert takes benteke off.... The mobs would have gone crazy ! Benteke looked better when the subs came on.... Would kozak have done even better who knows!

Ultimately every man and his dog would have kept benteke on because of who he is, hoping he'd get a goal off his backside on his current form. I think kozak played well enough in what was a poor 1st half. The real debate should be how poor our midfield was!

I agree with most of that welshvillan. I don't agree that Benteke was beaten in the air more often that not. I think that's the only contribution he did make on the night. He was winning his headers (then doing sod all else). I also think Lambert is probably trying to build his sharpness back up and that will only happen with game time. But as I said a few posts back, it is unfortunate for Kozak because he did well I thought.

Beaten in the air or not he had a poor game, looked marginally better after subs. Can understand why lambert left him on and agree with the above (bof) ..... Think it's great that kozak is getting better slowly and will add competition for benteke..... Would have loved to have seen that volley fly in....

Benteke had an aerial-success rate of 48% so we actually was beaten in the air more then he wasn't. That must be the first time that has happened since he has been here?

I stand corrected :) What was his percentage against Spurs because I seem to remember (read - I was having it pointed out to me by my Spurs mate) that Sandro was out-beasting him regularly in that game.

Beaten in the air or not he had a poor game, looked marginally better after subs. Can understand why lambert left him on and agree with the above (bof) ..... Think it's great that kozak is getting better slowly and will add competition for benteke..... Would have loved to have seen that volley fly in....

I bet benteke would not have liked the volley to fly in I honestly think he's jealous 

Benteke had an aerial-success rate of 48% so we actually was beaten in the air more then he wasn't. That must be the first time that has happened since he has been here?

I stand corrected :) What was his percentage against Spurs because I seem to remember (read - I was having it pointed out to me by my Spurs mate) that Sandro was out-beasting him regularly in that game.

Which Spurs game do you mean pal?

is this mate glaston?  :P

The reason benteke stayed on is that 2-0 down in the derby, lambert takes benteke off.... The mobs would have gone crazy !

Couldn't disagree more. Does Lambert seem the kind of guy to make his decisions based on crowd reactions?

Benteke looked better when the subs came on..

This is why benteke was kept on. Because Lambert knew we had more chance of getting back into the game with him on the pitch.

• Like 1

Can't be arsed.

You win.

Which translates to "I tried to start an argument over nothing and now I've got no come back to my quite frankly pathetic first response"

Great to see you back contributing to the discussion.

Nope. You implied (or I inferred) taking Kozack off was the reason we improved even though 2 other changes and a formation shift occurred at the same time.

Apparently that's not what you meant.

There's nothing more to say is there?

• Like 1

Can't be arsed.

You win.

Which translates to "I tried to start an argument over nothing and now I've got no come back to my quite frankly pathetic first response"

Could easily translate as "I've made my point but really can't be bothered with a whole huge repetitive discussion sprawling over pages when I know I'm discussing with someone whose mind is made up"

• Like 3

Can't be arsed.

You win.

Nope. You implied (or I inferred) taking Kozack off was the reason we improved even though 2 other changes and a formation shift occurred at the same time.

Maybe you shouldn't have inferred then. Maybe you could have clarified what I meant before attacking it.

I've quite clearly stated why I felt we improved once he was subbed and why it wasn't a surprise. Do you disagree with what I've said?

Can't be arsed.

You win.

Could easily translate as "I've made my point but really can't be bothered with a whole huge repetitive discussion sprawling over pages when I know I'm discussing with someone whose mind is made up"

Yes his first response really showed he was trying to start a discussion.

Can't be arsed.

You win.

Maybe you shouldn't have inferred then. Maybe you could have clarified what I meant before attacking it.

I've quite clearly stated why I felt we improved once he was subbed and why it wasn't a surprise. Do you disagree with what I've said?

Now who's trying to keep the argument going? ;)

I've already answered. I disagreed with what you originally said. That's apparently not what you meant. I don't particularly disagree with what you've clarified, which differs from what I inferred from your original post.

Apart from the volley what did he do?

No surprise we instantly look better when he was subbed.

I don't think we'd have got back in the game if he'd stayed on over benteke.

I certainly interpret this post as very harsh criticism of Kozak. Are you at all surprised people react to a post like that? Maybe you should take some time reading your post before your post it. Instead of arguing with people who react to what seemed a idiotic post until you explained it further.

• Like 2

3 in the league I think.

I remember when Benteke was 3 games in. Most people thought he was useless.

I'm willing to give Kozak more time and stand by my earlier statement that he was unlucky to be hooked instead of Benteke.

I don't think Kozak is useless but I wonder whether he can play on his own that's all. I think theres a player there who will get a lot of goals for us. He's definately improving.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â