Libor Kozák

samjp26

Some of the posts in here are stupid borderline mental.

Fwiw I think kozak is being used in the wrong way, despite his height he looks fairly lightweight and his turn of pace is non existent so what to we do, try and feed halls in behind him to chase which he can't do cus he isn't quick enough & we launch balls at his head that he can't win. I'm sure he will do better soon

So if he's slow and weak how would you suggest we play?  And how will that be effective?

I can see Kozak getting the Angel treatment, in that all other players and the way we play will be used to excuse quite awful performances.

Thing is Helenius was reported as signing for 8m

"Aston Villa have completed the signing of Nicklas Helenius on a three-year deal from Danish club Aalborg for a fee believed to be in the region of £1.2million, which could rise to £2million."

Kozak looks absolutely awful.

All this bollocks about him learning a new language, having new teammates etc.

What, so when he finally goes out for a few drinks with Delph and learns the language, he's going to be quicker, learn to head a ball and generally not be completely shite?

Another dud.

• Like 1

Fwiw I think kozak is being used in the wrong way, despite his height he looks fairly lightweight and his turn of pace is non existent so what to we do, try and feed halls in behind him to chase which he can't do cus he isn't quick enough & we launch balls at his head that he can't win. I'm sure he will do better soon

So if he's slow and weak how would you suggest we play? And how will that be effective?

I can see Kozak getting the Angel treatment, in that all other players and the way we play will be used to excuse quite awful performances.

How is he getting the "angel" treatment when 9/10 posts on here are people calling him a dud and shit.

play the ball to his feet and get gabby and weimann making runs off him.

I have to admit he has been very isolated up front and obviously balls into his head haven't worked. He was slightly better against City when Weimann was up front alongside him. although his ball control and lack of pace is a little alarming.

who do you blame for that then ?

we had a proven striker in Bent that relied on service to score goals, as we don't have that service/supply line we left him out of the side and now have loaned him out

what logic is there then in bringing in another forward for 7m with similar needs (but unproven in the goalscoring stakes) if we haven't sorted out the supply problem ?

they are not similar. did you not see Bent had 13 touches vs worst team in the league, he really should not be mentioned anymore in this thread

Ulver why do you not respond to this? It's been posted numerous times.

What, so when he finally goes out for a few drinks with Delph and learns the language, he's going to be quicker, learn to head a ball and generally not be completely shite?

Another dud.

:crylaugh:

REALLY.gif

• Like 1

hopefully this guy gets as much playtime as tekkers, hes gonna have to step up after the summer when benteke is gone. were not gonna go down this year so we might aswell play him as much as possible, be shit to have another period next year for people to settle in and what nots. bite the bullet now and all that

Thing is Helenius was reported as signing for 8m

"Aston Villa have completed the signing of Nicklas Helenius on a three-year deal from Danish club Aalborg for a fee believed to be in the region of £1.2million, which could rise to £2million."

I see sarcasm doesn't quite click with everyone

• Like 1

who do you blame for that then ?

we had a proven striker in Bent that relied on service to score goals, as we don't have that service/supply line we left him out of the side and now have loaned him out

what logic is there then in bringing in another forward for 7m with similar needs (but unproven in the goalscoring stakes) if we haven't sorted out the supply problem ?

they are not similar. did you not see Bent had 13 touches vs worst team in the league, he really should not be mentioned anymore in this thread

Ulver why do you not respond to this? It's been posted numerous times.

what do you want me to respond to ? i didn't see the game so how can i offer an opinion on it ?

for all i know those '13' touches may have led to four goals

i'm sure they wouldn't swap him for Kozak and 7m thats for sure

hopefully this guy gets as much playtime as tekkers, hes gonna have to step up after the summer when benteke is gone. were not gonna go down this year so we might aswell play him as much as possible, be shit to have another period next year for people to settle in and what nots. bite the bullet now and all that

I really hope this guy is not Benteke's replacement.

Although we've bought this player to replace Benteke if he ever got injured/suspended, he just doesn't look like that type of player to play that role. Which is a bit confusing when you consider we'd been scouting/chasing him for 6 months. He looks like he's a player who prefers the ball to feet or to have something to run onto rather than taking it from the air. I'd rather we try something different when Benteke is out to be honest. Kozak may have something great to offer us, but he's not going to do it playing the role of Benteke with us wacking the ball up to him. 

The main problem for me is though is that our only form of attack is to go from Guzan - Benteke/Kozak. It works with Benteke, but doesn't with Kozak. So we really need another style of play.

Hairyhands was saying at the time of this signing that he was more important than an attacking midfielder because "what if Benteke gets injured?".... well, an attacking creative midfielder behind Gabby & Weimann may have been the better option with hindsight? (and no, Gabby & Weimann are not creative midfielders)

Edited by PieFacE

I really hope this guy is not Benteke's replacement.

well, i dont see us splashing out on yet another forward come january/summer window. Him, Gabby, Weimann, Helenius and rotation with the other guys aswell i spose, but one of em is going to have to step up, if not all of them.  if we spend money its the midfield that screaming for it, another 7-10 mill on a striker/forward to just join the rotation of average isnt going to help, were not going to be able to get a bentele type player to step straight into the first 11 with the money we got / we are paying in salaries.

what pieface said makes sense. we need someone in midfield to distribute some balls to the front rather than guzan smacking it up and hoping for the best.

I think if when the window comes spend all the money on ONE good midfielder rather then 3-4 players with alot of potential, its clear we can manage with what we got, might not challenge for a title but we will improve more with one good midfielder than a couple of young tobesquadplayers.

Edited by tomaspg

Another dud.

This is one of the stupidest posts I've read for some time and, for Villa Talk, that's quite an accolade.

Edited by Spoony
  • Like 1

Another dud.

This is one of the stupidest posts I've read for some time and, for Villa Talk, that's quite an accolade.

Why's it so stupid? I also don't see how getting used to the league and his team mates is going to improve his pace, which is certainly the main thing that will prevent him from being a good premiership attacker.

Another dud.

Why's it so stupid? I also don't see how getting used to the league and his team mates is going to improve his pace, which is certainly the main thing that will prevent him from being a good premiership attacker.

I think the stupid part was labeling him a dud after less than a handful of starts. I find it very odd that people can form such opinions of players after they have recently joined a club.

In terms of his speed, that will not be a problem as long as he perfects other parts of his game such as finishing, dribbling, aerial duels, flick ons, which all should be achievable for him. Plenty of top strikers have made great careers while lacking pace, such as say Klose or Mandzukic.

• Like 1

I think some parts of his game are correctable. For instance, his current system for winning headers is drastically different from Benteke. Benteke tries to get a run on the ball so he can get higher. Kozak has a more Serie a way that comes from player against shorter defenders. Rather than getting a run, he just tries to gain position and usually can't get much of a jump. That doesn't work against defenders that are taller or stronger, and those types are more frequent in the prem. Over time he can learn to use his height in a different way.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â