Libor Kozák

samjp26

Hard to judge him based on yesterday. He came up against a very good defence and spent most of the game too far apart from Weimann and Gabby to be effective. When Benteke came on, the attack narrowed and that was a big part of that good spell of play in the second half. They should have played that way with Kozak too, instead of playing so wide. He either needs to lead the line in a narrow attack or have Gabby playing off him in a 4-4-2.

I'm just glad we didn't buy that creative midfielder all the experts on here were saying we didn't need instead of Kozak

Genius bit of business

Like 99.9% of posters on Villatalk wanted a creative midfielder. Not really sure what experts you're referring to?

Kozak and a creative midfielder would have been perfect. Only one man to blame for the lack of players needed.

Learning from previous mistakes i'm prepared to give Kozak more time but i think the main problem is that he simply doesn't have the attributes to play in the way Benteke does.

Lambert, noting the comments that we'd been chasing Kozak for some considerable time must have seen something in him to feel that he could play the Benteke role but to date Kozak is struggling to fit our system and i'm wondering would Lambert be better served in playing two upfront when Kozak is in the team just to take the onus off Kozak a little until he finds his premiership feet?

As it is Benteke will now probably return in the role that he has made his own but if we are to be without Benteke again i would like to see Lambert playing two upfront with Kozak and Gabby for the stated reasons or why not give Bowery his chance in the loan striker's role to see what he can do in his allotted position. 

Yep he's been shite so far but the only way is up right?

I think what people forget is, he's come to a new country, new lifestyle, new league. He's then asked to step in for our best player and do the things he does for us, but if we are all honest he's not at that level. Actually agree with Morpheus, that we need to change the formation slightly when he's playing up top with Weimann or Gabby alongside him.

Don't agree that he is being asked to step in for Tekkers ..... he can play his own game but what is that ? He looks weak in the air, sluggish on the deck and he's too weak to hold the ball up so what is his game ?

As others have said, he can only get better on the basis that he offers nothing at the moment and we'd really do better playing Gabby or Weimann as a target man if Tekkers is out ..... or even Helenius (where has he gone ?!!!!).

Kozak is living off scraps and its difficult to shine when that is the case.  He would have had to have been 40ft tall for some of Westwoods corners yesterday.  Bentekke scored goals of scraps yes, but made allot of them himself.  Yet in Bentekkes case we are talking about an exceptional player of the 40mill caliber

Looks really good for Czech but terrible for Villa. Difference is the midfielders around him.

Or the level of the defenders he's up against.

he scored against Italy who have better defenders than any team he has played against so far for Villa

Don't agree that he is being asked to step in for Tekkers ..... he can play his own game but what is that ? He looks weak in the air, sluggish on the deck and he's too weak to hold the ball up so what is his game ?

As others have said, he can only get better on the basis that he offers nothing at the moment and we'd really do better playing Gabby or Weimann as a target man if Tekkers is out ..... or even Helenius (where has he gone ?!!!!).

He's not been asked to step in? We still constantly launch the ball at him, expect him to bring it down on a six pence and make things happen. Bringing Kozak shows everyone how much we rely on CB, not in just of goalscoring but in terms of making things happen. Its about time that Gabby and Weimann actually start stepping up, currently they play as rush footballers. In the whole game yesterday Gabby made 8 passes, 8 sodding passes for someone in the final 3rd. Weimann shooting was on par with Tonev. Yes Kozak was poor at keeping the ball, winning headers but lets not hide the fact the two people who were beside him were shite and have been for some while.

He's not been asked to step in? We still constantly launch the ball at him, expect him to bring it down on a six pence and make things happen. Bringing Kozak shows everyone how much we rely on CB, not in just of goalscoring but in terms of making things happen. Its about time that Gabby and Weimann actually start stepping up, currently they play as rush footballers. In the whole game yesterday Gabby made 8 passes, 8 sodding passes for someone in the final 3rd. Weimann shooting was on par with Tonev. Yes Kozak was poor at keeping the ball, winning headers but lets not hide the fact the two people who were beside him were shite and have been for some while.

Edited by SikhInTrinity

I'd rather have Jordon Bowery up front than Kozak right now. No pace, poor control, doesn't win any headers, failed to run across the defender when Weimann put in a good cross. he makes the wide men look bad that's the problem. Right now I wouldn't want him on the bench.

I'd rather have Jordon Bowery up front than Kozak right now. No pace, poor control, doesn't win any headers, failed to run across the defender when Weimann put in a good cross. he makes the wide men look bad that's the problem. Right now I wouldn't want him on the bench.

Maybe the wide men are the problem, but lets not say that hey.

Its been said enough. We know the wide men can do it. They proved that last season.

Proved what? Where did we finish. The only way they know how to play is counter attacking football. You can't give them the ball in tight areas and say pass and move, their movement is shocking unless on counter.

They scored goals. We weren't just a counter attacking side at the back end of last season.  For 60 minutes  against Chelsea at home we took the game to them and played some exhilarating stuff. We have just not reached those standards at home this season. To be honest we have been poor at home. We just got very lucky against Man City.

If we need to play someone alongside Kozak then it makes him an even bigger waste of money. He is supposed to be Benteke's understudy and that involves leading the line by yourself.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â