NurembergVillan

On 01/09/2024 at 11:37, HanoiVillan said:

My initial feeling after 3 rounds of fixtures is the league has a weak 'bottom 6' comprising the three promoted sides, plus also Forest, Wolves and Everton. It could be any of those to go down IMO, though I'd agree the promoted sides are somewhat more likely on account of not having had the experience of surviving more recently. 

Not strictly on topic, but have forest changed your mind with their start? Unbeaten in their first five now.

1 hour ago, AndyClarke said:

Dibling is ridiculous, he's destroyed our Academy and u21 teams several times in the last few years. Well known though so everyone will be after him. He went to Chelsea a few years ago, couldn't hack it so went back to Southampton.

Aaa he's that lad. Seems kinda like a right sided Grealish in the few games I've seen so far?

Has that composure, and ability to draw defenders in, but also makes such good decisions for his age. 

1 hour ago, VillaAlex said:

Aaa he's that lad. Seems kinda like a right sided Grealish in the few games I've seen so far?

Has that composure, and ability to draw defenders in, but also makes such good decisions for his age. 

Yeah, I made a similar comparison after he took the piss aged 16 in the Youth Cup. Physically impressive as well, that performance at Villa Park was the best I've ever seen for a kid.

Kamari Doyle is another one who would have made the breakthrough at Southampton but got sold to Brighton, now ripping it up on loan to Exeter.

Edited by AndyClarke
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, bcarpet said:

Not strictly on topic, but have forest changed your mind with their start? Unbeaten in their first five now.

It's a good question. The short answer is 'no, or not yet anyway'; 5 games is a small sample size and I think they've overachieved so far. But I'm not going to deny that Forest have done better and Palace worse than my earlier prediction and if it keeps going much longer, I will revise my view on the bottom 6 accordingly. 

I wanted us to get Dibling as part of the Archer deal, but always unlikely,

Will Alves is another of that type I think could do well, but at Leicester, and missed a year though injury so behind Dibling in terms of development

41 minutes ago, useless said:

I wanted us to get Dibling as part of the Archer deal, but always unlikely,

Will Alves is another of that type I think could do well, but at Leicester, and missed a year though injury so behind Dibling in terms of development

Alves and Braybrooke both lost a vital year in their development due to big injuries, that said Braybrooke was quality in the u21s at Bodymoor last season. Hopefully both can recover that lost time......and we can nick them.

Edited by AndyClarke
  • Like 1

What's happened to all those amazing Man. City kids they were signing...Shay Charles done nothing and think Edozie is another who's disappeared from trace. With Bazunu aswell those three were about 50m!

They at least flipped Lavia for an extra 20m.

6 hours ago, VillaChris said:

What's happened to all those amazing Man. City kids they were signing...Shay Charles done nothing and think Edozie is another who's disappeared from trace. With Bazunu aswell those three were about 50m!

They at least flipped Lavia for an extra 20m.

Bazunu has a long term injury and other 2 are on loan at decemt teams. All just 20 years old and cost about 12 million each which is nothing for a Premier League player

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â