Manchester United

BOF

Indeed. It's a statement of intent as much as it is a footballing decision.  If Rooney leaves then those of us who are already dancing on the grave of Manchester United would be forced to go into overtime. :lol:

Underrated? Only by idiots.  Rooney is a superb player, everybody knows that, it's the claims that he is the saviour of English football where people begin to giggle. 

• Like 1

This guy did a pretty interesting look at Rooney, makes a pretty good case for him being kinda underrated: http://www.statsbomb.com/2014/01/statsbomb-mythbusting-five-years-of-wayne-rooney/

Yeah, but does he make more tackles per game than Jay Rodriguez?

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 4

United scored less goals last season with Van Persie in the side than they did the season before.

And Arsenal only scored 2 goals less last season than they did the seaon before when Van Persie was on fire for them.

Perhaps Van Persie just provides a lot of finishes without actually creating any more goals for the team?

Rooney is quality (most of the time) but I dunno isn't the perceived wisdom that he's going to decline pretty dramatically when he hits his 30s due to his dubious physical condition which always seems to be a problem when he comes back from summer breaks.

£300k a week for anyone is diabolical. When was the exact time football lost touch with reality?

People lost their shit when Chris Sutton went from Norwich to Blackburn for £5,000,000. I remember being shocked by the figure. Now days that buys you a squad player at a mid table Premier League team.  I'm sure people older than me will say the same about a landmark transfer they remember, Gazza being the first £2m player (in the UK) or even Trevor Francis going for a million.  The next generation come along and don't bat an eyelid at these numbers.  I dare say Rooney's agent has calculated what Manchester United's income will be per week for the duration of Rooney's contract and has asked for what he considers to be a fair percentage of that. 

• Like 2

£300k a week for anyone is diabolical. When was the exact time football lost touch with reality?

People lost their shit when Chris Sutton went from Norwich to Blackburn for £5,000,000. I remember being shocked by the figure. Now days that buys you a squad player at a mid table Premier League team. I'm sure people older than me will say the same about a landmark transfer they remember, Gazza being the first £2m player (in the UK) or even Trevor Francis going for a million. The next generation come along and don't bat an eyelid at these numbers. I dare say Rooney's agent has calculated what Manchester United's income will be per week for the duration of Rooney's contract and has asked for what he considers to be a fair percentage of that.

Spot on.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â