Manchester United

BOF

Ah shit I wonder what's going through David Moyes' head these days. The strange thing is that he was good at not losing with Everton, sure he got a lot of draws but last season he only lost seven games and this year they have one more than that already. People talk about a lot of shitty defenders and so on, but it's not like these guys are 15 year old rookies, most of them are seasoned Internationals with a lot of experience at the top level.

When you write someone off after one season, it can come back and haunt you, but I am really struggling to see how Moyes and his ability as a tactician holds up against the really big managers. One thing is to not play well, score goals and win on a regular basis - which they are not doing - but how are the players responding to this? Wenger just lost 5-1 at Liverpool and rumors say he gave the players a lesson they will not forget in the coming days. I just imagine Moyes doing the same after last night, do you really think players like Rooney, Van Persie, Vidic and Evra take that seriously? I have my doubts, I remember playing in the divisions in my country and when the manager does a lousy job you kind of lose that natural respect for him. I don't think those players mentioned have a problem with professionalism, but I wouldn't be surprised if they were starting to hope for another man coming in instead of Moyes.

Ferguson gave United stability and continuity, something unheard of at the top level in football these days. He is a legend and the most successful man on the island, but it would be so naive to think that he can point out his successor and then hope for just the same. People also talk about Ferguson's early days and that people should have faith in Moyes for several seasons, but is that really the right thing to do in 2014? In the 90's you could do badly for a season and then bounce back, but in this day of age you can lose everything in a season. The market moves so quickly, the financial situation is changed entirely and players are basically mercenaries for the highest bidder. The Champions League is the holy grail on top of that as well.

At Everton I respected Moyes all the way, he did remarkable things for them and even reached 4th one season. People laugh at him right now, and above all Liverpool-fans, but reaching 4th is something he did and Brendan Rodgers got 7th or something last season. Even though they are nine points ahead of Man Utd right now, Liverpool aren't guaranteed anything this season still. Tottenham are three points behind them and are going under the radar, they have lots to play for, it's not just Man Utd trying to get that 4th place back. For Moyes though, I can never really see him being the tactician needed for such a big club. He is painfully single-minded and the style they are going for now is just so far away from utilizing their talents in the proper way. It will last on good will and respect for Fergie's decision, but it will never last in the long-term. The game has changed at the top, the other clubs have such good squads and the gap will become huge in a matter of a transfer window. In the 90's United could buy two players and rectify a problem to catch Arsenal, but now you see Chelsea/Man City buying players for 60M to just give competition to already settled players good enough for most teams in the Champions League. Apart from Moyes' obvious sweet contract giving him five years of settlement if fired, I am glad I am not him right now :)

• Like 3

However shit Man Yure are (and believe me I'm loving it) they will still do us by at least two clear goals.

Of course, United have a manager that is employing the wrong tactical setup most games - but out of all the managers in the league, we have one that is doing the same each weekend and often even worse than Moyes IMO. We win some games when the other team are playing woefully or have failed to do their homework on us, but what I despise about Lambert and our team is our ability to look decent or miserable on any given day. No consistency, play a good game away to a decent side - then play atrociously against a crap side at home the next.

It would be difficult for anyone to succeed Ferguson, but they should not be doing as bad as they have been doing. They are currently an upper mid table team and that is not good enough. Yes we know the squad is in decline, but they should not go from league champions in May to where they are now.

• Like 1

It would be difficult for anyone to succeed Ferguson, but they should not be doing as bad as they have been doing. They are currently an upper mid table team and that is not good enough. Yes we know the squad is in decline, but they should not go from league champions in May to where they are now.

I agree, but from Moyes's point of view he has damaged his reputation going to United. I personally thought United would promoted from within, possibly Ryan Giggs or Gary Neville forming a management team, to continue Ferguson's methods. I keep thinking to myself they are the red Everton.

The trouble is he is now doing too badly.

They will sack him and bring in a top manager if he keeps this up.

this time of year? cant see most top managers leaving where they will already be, also dont know of too many that are currently jobless

i still think them sacking him and getting klopp in to build a team in the summer would be the worst case scenario

let them flirt with 4th again, finish 5th, waste a load of money in the summer, then be shit next season too

Here is a brain twister;

Moyes has never won anything with Everton for however many millions of years he has been there (apart from 4th spot one year). Martinez walks in - BANG - they are fighting for CL straightaway.

Ferguson has a title winning team, Moyes comes in and BANG. They are poo.

The question is this; maybe Moyes was simply holding Everton from reaching their full potential just as he does at Manure now?

Here is a brain twister;

Moyes has never won anything with Everton for however many millions of years he has been there (apart from 4th spot one year). Martinez walks in - BANG - they are fighting for CL straightaway.

Ferguson has a title winning team, Moyes comes in and BANG. They are poo.

The question is this; maybe Moyes was simply holding Everton from reaching their full potential just as he does at Manure now?

Everton were terrible under Walter Smith.

He seems cautious and likes to play the percentage game. That will get you consistently achieving those respectable positions but doesn't win you one off cup matches against the top sides. 

I think he will do better with time but I think he will take Man U to be similar to Spurs/Arsenal/Liverpool. Aiming for top 4 but never really challenging for the title. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â