Manchester United

BOF

Man United have kept two clean sheets this season, one against us.

Actually, seven. Not sure what you are thinking of with that stat.

http://www.squawka.com/teams/manchester-united/stats#performance-score#english-barclays-premier-league#season-2013/2014#64#all-matches#1-24#by-match

However, they are relying more and more on scoring goals to win games rather than a good defence. That only ends in mid-table or worse.

Behind every great team is a world class performing centre-back. Man Utd don't have one. 

Man Utd have conceded 29 goals and well on the way to exceeding the 43 they let in last year. Needs to be below 35 goals conceded over whole season for a good chance at either winning the Premier League title or being runner-up.

2ppkbbm.png

Sky, they said Norwich and us.

Yeah they've become a much easier team to score against compared to a couple of years ago.

That's a point team I think are missing regarding next season. Yes it looks potentially an amazing attack (although RVP and Rooney's futures still look uncertain to me hence Moyes scouting another central striker) but Rio, Vidic and Evra could all leave.

Can a club really challenge for the league having to bed in 3 new major players into a back 4? You're looking at a new left back and it won't be Baines now so probably a player from another league, another CB and probably another one as cover given Phil Jones is pretty injury prone. That and I think Smalling is toss at RB given how often he has to cover for Rafael being injured/suspended.

£37.1 million Juan Mata gets 1 assist and an incredible 5 tackles today.  Put himself about a bit, what? Unfortunately his team lost away at Stoke.*

Man Utd CB weakness now getting exposed badly. I said this would happen.

*Meanwhile Jay Rodriguez hits double figures for goals, scoring one for Southampton. Also got 3 tackles during the game. Remarkable player. 10 goals, 3 assists for the season.

While I will agree Rodriguez has had a very good season, he is not a 'remarkable player'

£37.1 million Juan Mata gets 1 assist and an incredible 5 tackles today.  Put himself about a bit, what? Unfortunately his team lost away at Stoke.*

*Meanwhile Jay Rodriguez hits double figures for goals, scoring one for Southampton. Also got 3 tackles during the game. Remarkable player. 10 goals, 3 assists for the season.

While I will agree Rodriguez has had a very good season, he is not a 'remarkable player'

It's my opinion that he is. Doesn't have a big reputation yet but you only get a big reputation by people saying "you're a remarkable player."

I've said it and he has to keep playing the way he has been to justify it.

If he continues to post these numbers I'd rather have him at Villa than Mata.

Still convinced Man Utd didn't need Mata. What they needed from the transfer window was a world class CB.

It's my opinion that he is. Doesn't have a big reputation yet but you only get a big reputation by people saying "you're a remarkable player."

Still convinced Man Utd didn't need Mata. What they needed from the transfer window was a world class CB.

What United need is a left back, a centre back and two central midfielders

Wonder how much longer they'll give Moyes. Club value fell by £250m in January alone.

If they fire Moyes now with what he knows he can make the share price tank even lower.

"Disgruntled ex-manager says he knew Man Utd had a Championship quality defence but wasn't given the money he needed to fix the problem."

you ever tried watching football rather than watching numbers?

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â