Manchester United

BOF

Don't understand people giving out about these threads, it is the forum for it!

....thought it was called Villa Talk, sorry,my mistake ( other football)

Edited by TRO

I don't understand how people think Alan Smith was a terrible player. He was a very well rounded player, a very skilled player. He kind of unravelled the last few years there, but at Leeds he was superb.

Never a great goalscorer though, striker in the mould of a Heskey who on a good day would be a real pain the backside for a back 4. Was always a squad striker at Man. United before being weirdly converted into a central midfielder for a bit in the post Keane era.

Rodriguez got another assist yesterday against the league leaders, now 9 goals 3 assists for the season, also made two tackles and two key passes on the night.

how did Mata do for United against the bottom club? One assist, 4 key passes and one tackle.

so they would have beaten Cardiff 1-0 rather than 2-0 without all £37.1 million of him so buying him has changed the attacking side of things by one goal a game against the worst team in the league.

this calls for much more hype.

Whisper it, but United may have put one over Jose with Mata deal

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2547660/Manchester-United-one-Mourinho-Mata-swoop-Martin-Samuel.html

Edited by Con

Bit early to call on Mata, isn't it?

He went straight into a new team without match fitness and ended up with an assist. Pretty sure that's why they bought him.

As for the quality of the opposition - that's hardly Mata's fault, is it?

Rodriguez got another assist yesterday against the league leaders, now 9 goals 3 assists for the season, also made two tackles and two key passes on the night.

how did Mata do for United against the bottom club? One assist, 4 key passes and one tackle.

so they would have beaten Cardiff 1-0 rather than 2-0 without all £37.1 million of him so buying him has changed the attacking side of things by one goal a game against the worst team in the league.

*Ring Ring*

*Ring Ring*

*Ring Ring*

Hello...?

No, Con's not here right now, who's calling please?.... the head of UK Creationism, I see. And you've got me on a conference call with the Westboro Baptist Church AND the Holocaust Denial society? Weird, but ok.

Unfortunately, like I said, Con's not here. Can I take a message?

Ah, you all want your logic back. I'll let him know.

*click*

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 4

Never a great goalscorer though, striker in the mould of a Heskey who on a good day would be a real pain the backside for a back 4. Was always a squad striker at Man. United before being weirdly converted into a central midfielder for a bit in the post Keane era.

sounds a bit like Grant Holt ;)

If you were born in 1989 aren't you a bit young to really make a judgement call on Alan Smith? You'd have been 11 or 12 when he was being pretty fantastic at Leeds.

I'm an Adnan Januzaj fan now hahaha.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/soccer-dirty-tackle/adnan-januzaj-develops-test-help-young-footballers-dating-211634921--sow.html

Adnan Januzaj develops test to help young footballers in the dating scene
BrooksPeck40-jpg_195547.jpg
By Brooks Peck January 27, 2014 4:16 PM Dirty Tackle

View gallery

januzafnand.jpg

(Getty/The Sun)

Life is changing very fast for 18-year-old Manchester United winger Adnan Januzaj. He's been put in the spotlight as a rising star at one of the biggest clubs in the world and he has no less than five countries competing for his international services. Given all this, it can be very difficult for a teenager to know who his friends are and who is just out to take advantage of him. So Januzaj has developed a system to simplify at least one segment of his life. This may not have been intentional.

One of the most famous scenes in A Bronx Tale is when mob boss Sonny explains The Door Test — a way to see if one's date is self-centered or not. Now, Adnan Januzaj has The Nando's Test, in which he wears track bottoms and takes his date to chicken joint Nando's. If she sells her story to The Sun, she fails and the relationship ends right there. And one Melissa Mckenzie failed with flying colors.

From Eurosport:

First things first, they met on a social networking site, so he knew nothing about her except whatever Marilyn Monroe quotes were on her profile. He had to be on guard. Secondly, she even admits that she expected a flashy car, so she clearly had a preconceived notion of what a date with a professional football should be. Note there is no mention of his personality or admiration for him not being materialistic.

"I’ve never met anyone so stingy in my life," she told The Sun. "I was so excited for the date. We met on a social network site and I got all dressed up and even got my make-up done – costing me £30.

"I expected him to come to me in a flashy car but I ended up driving him about in my old blue Fiesta and I was left to pay and display. Then he said he was taking me to Nando’s – my face fell."

If she didn't sell her story to The Sun, he probably would've picked her up for their second date in a brand new Ferrari and lavished her with expensive gifts before taking her to the finest restaurant in town. Or he would've taken her back to Nando's because Nando's is delicious and he was actually just hoping for a cheap hookup the whole time.

This failed romance actually did work out pretty well for Januzaj, though. Upon seeing Ms. Mckenzie's story, Nando's sent Januzaj a £50 gift card. So maybe this was just an elaborate plan to get free Nando's the whole time. Adnan Januzaj might be the smartest footballer of all time.

- - - - - - -

If he takes a girl out and spends a shit ton of cash on the night out he gets called a flashy clearing in the woods.

He behaves in a completely reasonable way and gets called out as tight by a completely repulsive gold digging slapper.

Good on the kid. He's in a no win situation.

• Like 4

To be fair, making her drive, and pay for parking, and wearing a tracksuit is inexcusable regardless of how much he earns or who he is.

(assuming he can drive. if not then her driving is fair enough)

Edited by Stevo985

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â