Manchester United

BOF

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

What they should have done is speak to him, telling him he was getting cut off and ask for him to spin it as him stepping down slightly. Then everyone is happy.

That’s exactly what they would have done. I imagine he told them to f off and sack him if they wish.

1 minute ago, BG_Villa_Fan said:

That’s exactly what they would have done. I imagine he told them to f off and sack him if they wish.

I’d love it if he did :lol: 

SJR: Err, Sir Alex, I’m afraid we can’t justify the salary you’re currently receiving any more”

SAF: “Go f*** yourself. This is my club”

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

I reckon if he was on £60k a year they wouldn’t have sacked him.

The problem is it’s over £2m a year and I’m sure they get very little for it. 

Paying over the odds is the Utd way.... 😁

I do think football is different than most other jobs. Having Fergie around Utd lends them a gravitas and understanding of football not many other clubs can offer. In the 90's and 00's Utd was pretty much Fergie FC. The most successful period in the club's history. Even when he won the title in his last year, it was universally accepted he did it with a less than stellar team. Football does move on, but some managers do too. He rebuilt Utd's squad more than once and was constantly successful, something Klopp and Wenger both struggled to do. Also, in my opinion, just having him and granting access to him probably generates a lot more than £2m a year from the sponsors.

Blaming him in anyway for their current malaise is BS, no matter how much he stuck his nose in. There are many other reasons why they're so cack.

Given his current standing, how many here wouldn't want Emery around forever?

4 minutes ago, Jonesy7211 said:

Do you think Emery would take £2m a year out of the club to just watch the games though? Or Klopp at Liverpool? Or Wenger at Arsenal. I don’t think they would (and if they asked they’d probably be told no).

I think it’s a bit naughty of SAF to request such a salary. He’s had a fortune out of them over the years (rightly so) but now as just a watcher on it does look a bit excessive.

The club has been in decline since he left the post as manager so it’s hard to justify him doing good things for the first team from behind the scenes.

As has been said, it’s probably the right thing to do but as usual with them it’s been completely mishandled.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Jonesy7211 said:

Paying over the odds is the Utd way.... 😁

I do think football is different than most other jobs. Having Fergie around Utd lends them a gravitas and understanding of football not many other clubs can offer. In the 90's and 00's Utd was pretty much Fergie FC. The most successful period in the club's history. Even when he won the title in his last year, it was universally accepted he did it with a less than stellar team. Football does move on, but some managers do too. He rebuilt Utd's squad more than once and was constantly successful, something Klopp and Wenger both struggled to do. Also, in my opinion, just having him and granting access to him probably generates a lot more than £2m a year from the sponsors.

Blaming him in anyway for their current malaise is BS, no matter how much he stuck his nose in. There are many other reasons why they're so cack.

He was. They had a bit of a wobble in I think 2005ish, when the superkids were all aging, Chelsea were smashing the league and they finished bottom of their champions league group and like 3rd or 4th in the league which compared to how they are now is mind boggling.

Anyway I think that summer they signed Ronaldo and that was that

Edited by VillaJ100

3 hours ago, Jonesy7211 said:

Why wouldn't you want advice from the greatest British manager of all time, and the greatest Utd manager of all time? I hate the guy for the way he bullied the refs, the press, and the FA whilst manager, but to deny his input is baffling to me. Sacking him isn't going to endear the board to their fans either.

Because he has no relevance to modern day football management.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

If he’s not on the payroll any longer he may be more vocal which might not be a good thing for them.

Even if doesnt do himself, he has a lot of puppet ex players im the media to do it for him

Ferguson was always a bitter man and hopefullyhe hasnt mellowed 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, S-Platt said:

He is probably on a final salary pension from them so will get paid if he is there or not.

I doubt it, players and coaching staff are usually on fixed length contracts rather than permanent employees with normal benefits.

3 hours ago, Genie said:

I reckon if he was on £60k a year they wouldn’t have sacked him.

The problem is it’s over £2m a year and I’m sure they get very little for it. 

We do get the images of him looking fuming in the crowd which always enjoy 

• Haha 3

It's about bloody time, they took the ambassador job off him. I mean I doubt he travels the world anymore saying how great they are.  He's had 27 million quid for it. He's actually still on the board of directors, so will still get a salary and be part of that shit club.

The writing is on the wall for months, they finally sack him

They start an extensive search 

Papers convince the fans they will get zidane 

3 weeks after sacking ETH they get Southgate in 

It will be a shambles 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â