Manchester United

BOF

Just now, Zatman said:

They have spent hundreds of millions yet 37 year old Jonny Evans is the best player

Latest CB signing De Ligt has looked like a fish out of water each time I’ve seen him in a United shirt so far.

That’s £11m a year for 5 years on another defensive liability.

13 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Remember when they let David De Gea leave on a free?

He's just saved his second penalty of the game against Milan :lol:

(Tammy missed!) 

Decent save as well.

Coaching standards have certainly slipped there. De Gea actually didn't save any of the 30 + penalties he faced in the prem between 2012-21 or something ridiculous. Also didn't save one of the 11 penalties he faced in the Europa league final against Unai's Villareal.

If there's one player in the prem who desperately needs a new club it's Rashford.

22 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Coaching standards have certainly slipped there. De Gea actually didn't save any of the 30 + penalties he faced in the prem between 2012-21 or something ridiculous. Also didn't save one of the 11 penalties he faced in the Europa league final against Unai's Villareal.

If there's one player in the prem who desperately needs a new club it's Rashford.

He was an excellent keeper for United overall but did start to regularly drop clangers. 

For a few seasons he was top quality.

2 hours ago, Genie said:

Latest CB signing De Ligt has looked like a fish out of water each time I’ve seen him in a United shirt so far.

That’s £11m a year for 5 years on another defensive liability.

Literally looks like Maguire. Big stiff and slow.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

I think they're well suited as Rashford is the personification of United. Flash but flawed, occasionally decent but largely lethargic/underwhelming & now massively living off the name and past achievements. Not sure if it was Woodward but Rashford showed a propensity to down tools so the decision give him the multi-year 250/300k per week is criminal. Those types of moves hold them back.

For that type of money he should be walking into the front 3 of all/most top 6 teams and I'd struggle to see him displacing anyone in the top 8...  Grealish/Doku, Martnelli/Trossard, Diaz, Neto/Nkunku, Rogers, HM Son, Gordon, Mitoma etc.

1 hour ago, Genie said:

He was an excellent keeper for United overall but did start to regularly drop clangers. 

For a few seasons he was top quality.

His standards defo started to drop but most would argue that they didn't fall to such an extent that it made sense to let him go on a free and spend >£50m on Onana who would command not too dissimilar wages. ETH thought that was a good move  🤣

I should add, I love seeing them be **** 🙂 so please keep it up!

• Like 1

Just now, rodders0223 said:

Literally looks like Maguire. Big stiff and slow.

I'm no scout but surely one of their army of scouts should have looked and thought... "he seemed to be great next to Bonucci and Chiellini but cr@p everywhere else, I wonder why that is?" 

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

The manager might not be THE problem, but he's definitely A problem

He's **** terrible

Honestly think he's the main problem. Of course it's not as simple as 'they'd be challenging for the title without him' but he has to take the blame for the formations and instructions to the players, and most of the blame for the signings of those players. Those are the main problem areas!

The Glazers can take the knock for the waterfalls from the roof, but we're proof ourselves that having a dated, worn-out ground doesn't prevent good performances on the pitch. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Honestly think he's the main problem. Of course it's not as simple as 'they'd be challenging for the title without him' but he has to take the blame for the formations and instructions to the players, and most of the blame for the signings of those players. Those are the main problem areas!

The Glazers can take the knock for the waterfalls from the roof, but we're proof ourselves that having a dated, worn-out ground doesn't prevent good performances on the pitch. 

Yeah agree completely.

I do think there's something wrong at the club. That maybe I can't put my finger on, but the same kind of thing that was wrong at Villa when we went down, or is wrong at Everton now.
Man utd won't go down but there's something rotten at the club. It feels like it needs a complete rebuild

But yeah the manager isn't helping. He's crap, and not just with how he operates on the footballing side, but how defensive he is with the media, and how he throws players under the bus etc

1 hour ago, _AA_786 said:

I'm no scout but surely one of their army of scouts should have looked and thought... "he seemed to be great next to Bonucci and Chiellini but cr@p everywhere else, I wonder why that is?" 

Yeah but then their board members get to say they signed this kid who was a big deal once upon a time, look at us still competing 

The same as eriksen, casemiro, the various strikers and then the stupid signings like anthony and Sancho, look at them competing with man city Alexis Sanchez...

It's all optics for end of year reports and shareholders 

Man utd can't be on the decline that much when they're signing big names for lots of money

Edited by villa4europe

Their recruitment meetings must be good fun. Reviewing all the dozens of scouting reports of quality experienced players and wonder kids then just signing a player from the dutch league because ten Hag has his number in his phone already.

Edited by Genie

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â