Manchester United

BOF

14 minutes ago, Genie said:

I think he must regret it.

He seems like a deluded old businessman. Thought he could take over a sports club, bang the table a bit and watch things improve. 

Sportsmen are a special breed, especially millionaire sportsmen. He cannot influence them like a normal person with a wife and kids and a mortgage to pay.

Same with the stadium, he’s probably have a rude awakening with just how much time, money and energy it would take to either refurbish OT or rebuild it.

I bet if he could have his time again he’d never do it.

I doubt it. There's probably more money down the side of his Italian sofa than he spent on United.

55 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Couldn't agree more with this. They've spent a lot of money, but have complete dross, the more I look at the team the more I think ETH may have previously overachieved :D 

I don't understand how they're quite so dreadful at signing players. We paid less on transfer fees for Watkins, Torres, Rogers, and Martinez combined than they paid for Antony.

Absolutely huge sums on players like Antony, Højlund, Mount, Casemiro, Varane, Sancho. Literally hundreds of millions on players that have completely flopped, and that's just in the last 2-3 years. Another couple of hundred million spent this summer, including a hundred mil on new CBs only to play Maguire and Evans. What an absolute disaster of a club.

It's a squad of players which is assembled with no aim or purpose. They're all fine individually to fit into other top squads. It's just a pointless collective bunch, with no focus. 

5 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I don't think the manager is the problem - they have a mid-table squad.

. . . who they signed at the manager's recommendation and insistence. They may be crap players, but they're crap players that Ten Hag knows personally, and that's what matters to him. 

It's the rest of the club's fault to the extent that they haven't yet seen sense and fired him, but he has assembled this collection of poor and underperforming players. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

. . . who they signed at the manager's recommendation and insistence. They may be crap players, but they're crap players that Ten Hag knows personally, and that's what matters to him. 

It's the rest of the club's fault to the extent that they haven't yet seen sense and fired him, but he has assembled this collection of poor and underperforming players. 

That's a very good point - he does seem to have a degree of control over transfers too, with a number of the players being those he's coached before. 

Perhaps it's not the next managers fault (unless it's Gareth obviously in which case I'll find some way to pin it on him).

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â