Manchester United

BOF

Problem of their own making isn't it, sacking him 6 games into the season is an admission they massively **** up by giving him the summer, so they'll throw away more of the season.

If they beat us, is he suddenly the man to lead them back into the top 4? Obviously not.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

We have Spurs to thank really, if they'd put their foot down yesterday it could have realistically been 7 or 8 and there'd be no defending him.

Which one is it though. I'm hearing Tottenham were fantastic, but media making it all about Man U being useless. 

12 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Which one is it though. I'm hearing Tottenham were fantastic, but media making it all about Man U being useless. 

It can be both, spurs came to win and united could have put up a fight, they didn’t. 

Yesterday was the clearest I’ve seen that the players don’t believe in the manager.

I love that they need a manager that will make them solid as the priority and the fans would hate him for it. 

1 hour ago, punkiller1981 said:

Premier league look like they won’t over turn the red card given it was a red on field backed up by VAR if they did over turn it what does that say for refs and VAR. having said this we are talking about a corrupt league so who knows 

They'll probably appeal. To me it's an orange card as he does go high and connect but guess they'll make the defence he slipped so his leg was always going to be in that position.

Fernandes does that type of challenge endless times when they're losing and gets away with it so finally good to see him punished.

Just thinking, didn't we get two reds overturned for Luiz. Pretty sure he was sent off at Fulham in Gerrard's last game and VAR did nothing but we still had the red rescinded so straight reds can still be overturned in this era.

The hilarious thing to me now is they sack him, appoint Van Nistelrooy as caretaker, he wins 2-3 in the 5 games he manages, Stretford End starts chanting his name and they give him a two and a half year deal.

I'm not sure how well a job he did at PSV but the only club who seemed to want him as manager this summer was Burnley which maybe gives an indication of his current ability.

That would be an exact replica of OGS so would be very amusing INEOS giving endless interviews about the overhaul they're conducting and yet they're making the managerial decisions based on hunches and feelings. They completed bottled sacking ETH as they never expected him to beat Man. City in the cup final so they're paying for that decision now.

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

It's remarkable he's still in a job. He's a joke to be honest

same now as it was in the summer after the cup final, i think they put the feelers out and no one wants it

wonder if big jim will ask for government help on this problem too

Just now, villa4europe said:

same now as it was in the summer after the cup final, i think they put the feelers out and no one wants it

Yeah and they're probably in the position of needing someone who is a little less fashionable, a bit less of a big name, but who would come in and actually do what needs to be done.
Except they're man utd so they'll keep chasing the bigger names who they can no longer attract but the fans won't be happy unless they do

11 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah and they're probably in the position of needing someone who is a little less fashionable, a bit less of a big name, but who would come in and actually do what needs to be done.
Except they're man utd so they'll keep chasing the bigger names who they can no longer attract but the fans won't be happy unless they do

zidane or no one

9 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

People did want the job but Tuchel called their actual offer derisory according to BILD newspaper in Germany.

Perhaps he'll accept now a few months into the season as they're more desperate.

ETH might still only be in a job as United aren’t sure who to replace him with. They hawked the job around in the summer but no takers so they stuck with Ten Hag. Had they lost the FA Cup Final to City I think they probably would have sacked him then but now they look to be falling even further away. He has been backed in the transfer market but they don’t even look like a top 4 side, never mind actually challenging for the Title. A lot of big money signings for not a lot of return.

Edited by AJG23

19 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

People did want the job but Tuchel called their actual offer derisory according to BILD newspaper in Germany.

Perhaps he'll accept now a few months into the season as they're more desperate.

said this before....i dont think he's top tier... he migth get them back to flirting with top 4 but he's not the long term answer

obviously not as good as southgate but id be happy if they ended up with him

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

We have Spurs to thank really, if they'd put their foot down yesterday it could have realistically been 7 or 8 and there'd be no defending him.

I was a bit disappointed Spurs didn’t go for the throat. 

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

said this before....i dont think he's top tier... he migth get them back to flirting with top 4 but he's not the long term answer

obviously not as good as southgate but id be happy if they ended up with him

He's won the CL in last three years so I'd class him as top tier personally. Was a Neuer error from making CL final again last season.

Probably shows where Man. United are currently that when Xabi Alonso becomes available next summer he'd rank the Man. United job below about nine others so it's simply not a pull for the best managers currently. Nagalsmann would probably be the sort of hire they'd want but again unavailable until summer 2026.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â