Manchester United

BOF

2 hours ago, punkiller1981 said:

You know next week though that they will put a performance in that they don’t against anyone else and beat us 2-1 or 3-2 

Yes if we play slow pace/pedestrian football like today.

If we play like we did v Arsenal and also the first hour v West Ham we will beat them comfortably.

The key to beating them is getting Bailey and Rogers running at them directly each time on the counter rather than having to check back constantly.

Was very frustrating last season when Bailey was giving Lindelof the run around and we then took him off and let them totally off the hook.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

If SJR is the real deal then he has to sanction EtH being fired. Otherwise it’s accepting this is who United are now. 

Man U these days though are a marketing and investments firm to load debt onto, and the football is just an expensive nuisance. So long as they aren't ever relegated they'll be fine

10 minutes ago, Nicho said:

After all the jammy results they’ve got over the years against us a 5-0 win to sack their manager only seems fair.

Would've been lovely if rat face played and got sent off against us instead

19 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

He might stil play against us, I wouldn't be surprised if it gets rescinded 

i hope it doesnt, it looked like a clearly cynical and dirty challenge, knowing you have missed the tackle, the sticking your leg out like some parkour expert to rake your studs down the side of their leg, disgusting.

i thought it was a clear red, i hope it stands.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

i hope it doesnt, it looked like a clearly cynical and dirty challenge, knowing you have missed the tackle, the sticking your leg out like some parkour expert to rake your studs down the side of their leg, disgusting.

i thought it was a clear red, i hope it stands.

I don't think it's that clear cut. He slips, looses his balance and sticks out a lazy leg. 50/50 yellow/red, it could get rescinded it could not.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Yes if we play slow pace/pedestrian football like today.

If we play like we did v Arsenal and also the first hour v West Ham we will beat them comfortably.

The key to beating them is getting Bailey and Rogers running at them directly each time on the counter rather than having to check back constantly.

Was very frustrating last season when Bailey was giving Lindelof the run around and we then took him off and let them totally off the hook.

If they leave that giant hole in their midfield Rogers should be having a field day. It's possible that Fernandes' suspension will force them to play a more sensible formation, however. 

Just now, HanoiVillan said:

If they leave that giant hole in their midfield Rogers should be having a field day. It's possible that Fernandes' suspension will force them to play a more sensible formation, however. 

Rogers is the key for sure. They are potentially without Fernandes and Mainoo v us as it stands so that leaves them with Ugarte, Casemiro, Eriksen and Mount to play as the three midfielders v us. Mount dosen't have a clue what he's doing play for them and he went off concussed so also a doubt. Casemiro-Ugarte-Eriksen combo reminds me of us playing Westwood-Carlos Sanchez-Veretout at times in 15/16, one of the slowest midfield combinations we've ever had.

Suppose one logical thing they will probably do is start Hojlund (who scored home and away v us last season) and try Zirkee as the number 10 where he's much better. Would be typical if that clicks for them on the day as Garnacho was the only one who kept trying to create so he'll still be a big threat on the counter.

On 26/09/2024 at 19:18, Genie said:

Zlatan did alright, Cavani was alright too. For all the claims he was finished Ronaldo mk11 scored 24 in 38 in the only full season. Not many players at any club beat that.

The point was more about a top drawer striker who has been there and done it showing the younger strikers to do it. Maybe that’s why they have RvN on the coaching staff now as it’s easier and cheaper than an active striker.

They probably should've just signed Toney. Short term but relatively proven in the premier league and could've rotated him with Hojlund based on opposition.

To sign Zirzkee who like Hojlund only really played one major season in Serie A and isn't really an out and out CF seems really bizarre for a side that dosen't have a huge amount of goals in it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, VillaChris said:

They probably should've just signed Toney. Short term but relatively proven in the premier league and could've rotated him with Hojlund based on opposition.

To sign Zirzkee who like Hojlund only really played one major season in Serie A and isn't really an out and out CF seems really bizarre for a side that dosen't have a huge amount of goals in it.

Tbh, they should have made a major attempt to sign Watkins. In years gone by they’d have taken him and Emi. How times change!

4 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

Play like we did against Ipswich and it's guaranteed they'll beat us.

If we play like we did vs Ipswich and they play like they did vs Spurs we still beat them 

Premier league look like they won’t over turn the red card given it was a red on field backed up by VAR if they did over turn it what does that say for refs and VAR. having said this we are talking about a corrupt league so who knows 

It would be very interesting/ corrupt if they did respond it because it could be judged to be influenced my Madison coming out and saying it wasn't a red card challenge.

Interesting because it would benefit spurs greatly for Fernandez not to be suspended against their rivals, but having had missed the game itself 

Half a billion. Untold amount of leeway to spend big, buy his own players, build his own team.

How is he still in a job? I honestly thought it'd be a Gerrard last night. You're sacked. No debrief. No sitting around thinking and debating.

You're **** gone. Get out.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â