Manchester United

BOF

Are United not still looking for you and I, the humble taxpayer, to put our hands in our pockets and support this national asset by funding a "Wembley for the North" in Trafford, four miles away from the newly expanded 60,000 seat state of the art stadium in Manchester, in erm...the North.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Are United not still looking for you and I, the humble taxpayer, to put our hands in our pockets and support this national asset by funding a "Wembley for the North" in Trafford, four miles away from the newly expanded 60,000 seat state of the art stadium in Manchester, in erm...the North.

That would be a disgusting case of a private entity socializing costs. If that was ever put forth as a serious proposition I'd be on the streets protesting (the good kind and not the sad excuse for protests you lot had to put up with recently).

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

That would be a disgusting case of a private entity socializing costs. If that was ever put forth as a serious proposition I'd be on the streets protesting (the good kind and not the sad excuse for protests you lot had to put up with recently).

It's an idea that Sir Jimmy Dodger has been putting out there since they started talking about a new stadium.

I agree, it would be an absolute disgrace.

• Like 1

I would imagine if the Tories were still in charge, they’d sanction a public funded stadium (whilst gleefully lining their own pockets out of the deal too)

I don’t think Starmer and Co would go for it. 

Football clubs make enough money globally (especially the likes of ManUre) so they can afford to foot their own bill. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, theboyangel said:

I would imagine if the Tories were still in charge, they’d sanction a public funded stadium (whilst gleefully lining their own pockets out of the deal too)

I don’t think Starmer and Co would go for it. 

Football clubs make enough money globally (especially the likes of ManUre) so they can afford to foot their own bill. 

...and if they can't then that mismanagement is never the financial responsibility of ordinary tax payers of which many do not even follow the sport.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Genie said:

It’s crazy that whilst the government cut pensioner heating bill assistance to make ends meet a billionaire is lobbying for £2b of public funds to build the richest club in the world a free stadium. What a scummy man.

like i said before, i think he knows exactly what he's doing, he's making noise about the new stadium plans while purposefully creating an external blocker, once they've flogged the taxpayer angle he will move on to a planning permission excuse, then it will be some other excuse probably centered around the construction industry or lack of materials and workers in the local area or the train lines - its something we could very easily have done with the north stand and blamed the local infrastructure but we didn't, he will

he's doing a great job of selling himself as a saviour and utd as being back while not actually doing anything, he'll end up giving them lot a victim mentality which is one hell of an achievement, he also tried it with that bizarre interview where he suggested it was utds right to be able to spend more than everyone else because they contribute more to the PL's global appeal or whatever bollocks that was

its all a cover

• Like 1

On 03/09/2024 at 18:44, Genie said:

It’s crazy that whilst the government cut pensioner heating bill assistance to make ends meet a billionaire is lobbying for £2b of public funds to build the richest club in the world a free stadium. What a scummy man.

A billionaire tax exile, no less.

• Like 3

Edit: Can't share X post for some reasons.

Breaking: Man Utd made a £113.2m loss last season. Explains some of the financial challenges facing the club. Revenue of £661.8m

Edited by pas5898
  • Thanks 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â