Manchester United

BOF

3 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

Gary Neville is outrageous stating that they just “can’t” finish 8th again. Why can’t they? Times change. Loads of clubs during history have had periods of dominance before decline. They’re not special. 

Given their budget advantage over every one else, they should be in the top 3 as a bare minimum every year. Their underachievement since sir redface retired has been remarkable.

Given in their inherent spending power it is inevitable one day they will get it right even by accident. United were very lucky to time their rise to the top at the start of the premier league era and massively took advantage of that for 20 years.

• Like 3

commentator yesterday said they average 17 points a season less post-fergie

cant be bothered to fact check it but thats brilliant

again not fact checking it but it'd be interesting to see if on top of that city are averaging higher than fergie's utd, feels like it

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

again not fact checking it but it'd be interesting to see if on top of that city are averaging higher than fergie's utd, feels like it

Yeah almost certainly. I THINK the treble team was the only Man Utd team to break 90 points (in a 38 game league). Man City basically do that every season

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Yes by far as the league has become less and less competitive every year due to the differences in spending power by the biggest and smallest sides.  Thats why 35 points not 40 keeps you up. One season in the 90s I am sure United only won the league on 70 odd points, which would get you 3rd nowadays.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

That's great and all but it's currently 2024 and he's absolutely shaming himself on the world stage.

It's at the point I feel bad for him. It's like me playing in a game with a bunch of 18 years olds and me being the only over 30 player.

**** me, get me off this pitch. I'm embarrassing myself.

It’s extraordinary how quickly Casemiro and Verane fell off since arriving at United. They are only 32 and 31 now. 

57 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

That's great and all but it's currently 2024 and he's absolutely shaming himself on the world stage.

It's at the point I feel bad for him. It's like me playing in a game with a bunch of 18 years olds and me being the only over 30 player.

**** me, get me off this pitch. I'm embarrassing myself.

He was absolutely, appallingly bad, and it's fair enough to demand better from a guy on £300k a week. On the flipside though, the manager doesn't *have to* pick him or leave him exposed or have the team keep falling into Liverpool's pressing traps. 

47 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

SAF favouritism and Fergie time paid for itself then 🤣

52 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah almost certainly. I THINK the treble team was the only Man Utd team to break 90 points (in a 38 game league). Man City basically do that every season

Wrong season. Man. United's 99 treble team won the league with "only" 79 points, you'd never be in a title conversation with that points haul in the modern era.

In Fergie's last season they won the league with 89 points which shows his genius as everyone could see most of their key players were past their best and we saw that in the seaosns after.

1 hour ago, Genie said:

It’s extraordinary how quickly Casemiro and Verane fell off since arriving at United. They are only 32 and 31 now. 

Real Madrid know exactly when to sell players. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, villa4europe said:

they really don't see the part that they've played in the clubs decline do they?

Manchester United fans' Glazer protests: 'We didn't think it would roll  into this season' - The Athletic

maybe instead of protesting the owners every week they should start booing the likes of rashford who take home £300k and phones in a performance...but that's all the owners fault...

the club is suffocated with negativity, we've seen it with arsenal and chelsea too let alone the clubs not big enough to get away with it like us and soon to be everton 

The fans backed OGS for way too long and now they doing the same with Ten Hag. I'm all for managers being given a chance but surely there comes a time it's clear his out of his depth.  They are deluded.

Having said that he can point to 2 trophies in 3 seasons.

The thing is... Man U weren't amazing when Ferguson took over. They had won a couple of FA cups in the 80's but hadn't won the league since 1967, then lucked out on a one in 100 year generation of kids that enabled success right as the big money started to kick in.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

The thing is... Man U weren't amazing when Ferguson took over. They had won a couple of FA cups in the 80's but hadn't won the league since 1967, then lucked out on a one in 100 year generation of kids that enabled success right as the big money started to kick in.

Could have been us if we won that first league.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â