Manchester United

BOF

10 hours ago, duke313 said:

People have been saying United have done great business this window, yet they are going to start GW1 with the same team from GW38 with the exception of Zirkzee.

I don't think you can rate their 'business' in this way. Their injuries are bad luck, maybe a mistake on Ten Hag's count in playing a marginal player for one of them, but it's not a knock on the recruiting team. 

(I'm actually a bit skeptical about the quality of their signings, but we'll have to wait to see)

Posted (edited)
On 06/08/2024 at 16:28, MrBlack said:

The average consumer doesn't go out and buy a snapdragon processor

Ignoring the 25% market-share they have on Android phones, the new hotness is their new OEM laptops that are running Windows on ARM. First impressions are the same as when Apple switched from x86. Massively better battery-life and a pretty good translation layer for x86 apps at launch. And the more we rely on webapps, the less we are dependent on this translation-layer. And native apps are increasing all the time. Qualcomm are at the forefront of a potential massive shift in the laptop-space.

Early days but I would not dismiss this.

Edited by Tegis

13 minutes ago, Tegis said:

Ignoring the 25% market-share they have on Android phones, the new hotness is their new OEM laptops that are running Windows on ARM. First impressions are the same as when Apple switched from x86. Massively better battery-life and a pretty good translation layer for x86 apps at launch. And the more we rely on webapps, the less we are dependent on this translation-layer. And native apps are increasing all the time. Qualcomm are at the forefront of a potential massive shift in the laptop-space.

Early days but I would not dismiss this.

But the consumer isn't buying the processor,  they're buying the product that uses it and largely ignorant of whatever processor is behind it. The laptops are Asus, Lenovo or Microsoft, the android phones are Google or Samsung.

My point was they don't really benefit from being on the front of the shirt. Maybe they're planning to move into the laptop space themselves, I hadn't heard that,  but most average consumers aren't really buying that laptop because it's got a Snapdragon processor.

I imagine the money they spunk on then is for corporate level benefits and association. 

But thinking about it more, United are such a huge brand that any association with them is going to get them major exposure. Hopefully if United go through a sustained down turn they'll start losing these baked in benefits they get.

Shows how we really need to sustain our success to get anything close to what they do when the betting company ban comes in. 

2 hours ago, MrBlack said:

But the consumer isn't buying the processor,  they're buying the product that uses it and largely ignorant of whatever processor is behind it. The laptops are Asus, Lenovo or Microsoft, the android phones are Google or Samsung.

Brand awareness innit, The whole "Intel inside" in the 90s was massive. It filters down

33 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Maguire, Rashford, Casemiro and Evans all starting six days before the first league game so this great revolution hasn't really happened.

Remember when they put their Norwich scarfs away because SJR was the start of a new revolution at the club?

All he’s done is piss off the office staff and beg the government for a £2b stadium.

Out of these two in the community shield I wanted man c£ty to win (and they did) because it just adds to their list of wins with a * next to it.

Just now, rodders0223 said:

Yeah but it tracks really well on the socials so that's all that matters at this club and for it's players.

He’s copying what Ronaldo did, it’s a bit weird that he’s still doing the tributes to him. Once maybe, but he even did the Siuuuu bit first too.

Posted (edited)

I always feel disconcerted when I meet an adult Manchester United fan. It just feels like something they should have grown out of by now, like watching Wrestling or riding a bike with their arms folded. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 11/08/2024 at 13:53, Genie said:

He’s copying what Ronaldo did, it’s a bit weird that he’s still doing the tributes to him. Once maybe, but he even did the Siuuuu bit first too.

after his next goal he's flying to Vegas to S.A a hooker (allegedly)

On 10/08/2024 at 15:34, Zatman said:

If sign Mazraoui and De Ligt then will have 9 former Eredivisie players in the squad

Madness scouting policy

Like when we constantly signed Z rated rubbish from the Belgian league. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â