Manchester United

BOF

15 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I never really got him from watching him but United fans thought he was brilliant and some still think he is talented

Garnacho is a better player 

33 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I never really got him from watching him but United fans thought he was brilliant and some still think he is talented

It'd be interesting where they would have played him, I thought he wasn't as good as rashford but was a more natural finisher, I thought they were going to develop him in to a striker, failing that he'd have ended up on the right with rashford on the left meaning they wouldn't have wasted £170m on Sancho and Anthony 

On the assumption he'd fell short of his potential utd would be looking to sell him by now for circa £40-50m to someone like palace, take off the English tax and PL inflation and it's almost like they've got max value for him, if he'd simply dropped off rather than sat 18 months out, like all his troubles don't exist

if he'd been injured maybe they'd get a PL club bid slightly more 

It's pretty **** up 

8 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Yeah it does seem like a big number for where his career currently is, he was a decent player before all this but not a whole lot more 

If we're doing this purely on football stuff he did alright at Getafe considering he wasn't involved for 18 months and there were others, Lazio bid aswell.

Still very young aswell and it's a few million more than Kellyman. I appreciate though you can't just judge Greenwood on Football with everything else that's happened in the last two years.

What was he  when it all came out 21? By that point I think there was some stat akin to no United player having scored as many goals as him at that age or minutes per goal etc..

He absolutely looked like a player. Rapid two footed goalscorer calm finisher. The thing Marseille are getting a bargain.

It's absolutely disgusting but not surprising.

Edit : he scored 17 goals all competitions as an 18 year old. Mad stats. By 20 approx he'd played 100 games for the club and scored 29 goals. This kid, if he wasn't a psychopath piece of shit, absolutely could have been one of the best.

14 goal contributions (some penalties) in 30 games in a new league as a youngster in an average team having not kicked a ball in 18 months maybe? That's elite level talent.

Still. Scum.

Edited by rodders0223
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm not surprised they are getting battered in pre-season by lower league foreign teams. The attitude of their players is appalling. I strongly suspect they are approaching these games much like a member of the landed gentry would approach dinner at KFC.

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

What was he  when it all came out 21? By that point I think there was some stat akin to no United player having scored as many goals as him at that age or minutes per goal etc..

He absolutely looked like a player. Rapid two footed goalscorer calm finisher. The thing Marseille are getting a bargain.

It's absolutely disgusting but not surprising.

Edit : he scored 17 goals all competitions as an 18 year old. Mad stats. By 20 approx he'd played 100 games for the club and scored 29 goals. This kid, if he wasn't a psychopath piece of shit, absolutely could have been one of the best.

14 goal contributions (some penalties) in 30 games in a new league as a youngster in an average team having not kicked a ball in 18 months maybe? That's elite level talent.

Still. Scum.

Indeed, but I'm any other industry a rapist with the evidence given doesn't get away without a prison sentence, doesn't avoid getting sacked by their company, doesn't get a job at a top company in that industry straight after being released from prison. Guess it's the same as it's always been in an industry where money is everything.

20 hours ago, punkiller1981 said:

The French expert on talk sport said they have paid £25 million more than anyone else would offer and a lot of people on France are shocked at the fee 

Sounds like BS.

Talksport just say silly things to get people to ring in on their toll number. 

• Like 1

If United have any sense they’d have this summer as last chance saloon for Rashford before moving him on. They might find those that remain buck their ideas up a bit too if he’s sold. 

Another yeah of him stinking the place out isn’t going to get them back into the CL.

Edited by Genie

47 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Sounds like BS.

Talksport just say silly things to get people to ring in on their toll number. 

Tbf in my head £50m is any 18 year old CB in the world so this is utd saying he's the best one which I honestly don't know if he is, the only other really high profile one I can think of is hato at ajax

The bigger problem is £50m is probably the majority of young CBs in the world too so throw in scalvini, calafiori, Silva, inacio, diomande 

Over the next 2/3 years I'd guess all of them will get big transfers across Europe and there's every danger they could be better purchases than yoro, my expectation is that time will show that they bought the wrong kid 

3 hours ago, Hobsons Choice said:

I'm not surprised they are getting battered in pre-season by lower league foreign teams. The attitude of their players is appalling. I strongly suspect they are approaching these games much like a member of the landed gentry would approach dinner at KFC.

I bet half of them can't believe ETH is still manager. He'll be sacked in October and the fun will really begin.

Incredible they just kept him in because they won a cup final.

2 hours ago, Genie said:

If United have any sense they’d have this summer as last chance saloon for Rashford before moving him on. They might find those that remain buck their ideas up a bit too if he’s sold. 

Another yeah of him stinking the place out isn’t going to get them back into the CL.

Can't see many teams paying his £300k p/w wages 

28 minutes ago, Mozzavfc said:

Can't see many teams paying his £300k p/w wages 

United will need to fill his pockets, basically hand over most of the transfer fee to get shot of him. It’s their own fault for giving out such a ludicrous contract. 

Or maybe loan him out somewhere for a year (and pay part of his wages).

Edited by Genie

48 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I bet half of them can't believe ETH is still manager. He'll be sacked in October and the fun will really begin.

Southgate-Beard-Title-min_1500x.thumb.jpg.deb1dfa1d8a015ec8d01c7b664ef90f6.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

"Manchester United had a helping hand from legendary defender Rio Ferdinand in persuading Leny Yoro to join them."

Double whammy of uselessness, or:  Ineptitude Now Exacerbates Over Spend : I.N.E.O.S. 💡

10 hours ago, Tom13 said:

looks like he can eat an apple through a letterbox.

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, Django_Zooms said:

"Manchester United had a helping hand from legendary defender Rio Ferdinand in persuading Leny Yoro to join them."

Double whammy of uselessness, or:  Ineptitude Now Exacerbates Over Spend : I.N.E.O.S. 💡

Rio retire in 2015. When Yoro was only 10 year's old. I'm thinking maybe Rio's influence might be being exaggerated a bit here.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

This Yoro played in both games against us in the Quarter Final of the Europa.  Can't say I remember him standing out.  Decent team though.

Edited by S-Platt
  • Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â