Manchester United

BOF

2 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Yeah that’s right.

The quickest way to get recognized as part of the ”big” group isn’t to actually win trophies, but simply to outspend others.

The one led to the other. You don't consistently win trophies without sustained spending.

That isn't to say systained spending guarantees success though. But the only way they achieved it was by being able to spend more than anyone else.

On 02/07/2024 at 16:20, Davkaus said:

We're in the CL, they aren't, they've been poor for years, and their shirt is still worth, what, 8 times what ours is? There's no catching these ****. We'd have to be consistently better than them for generations to even start to make a dent

I'm baffled by their last two sponsors, TeamViewer, and now Snapdragon. Who's in the market for commercial remote desktop software and SOCs and isn't aware of the market leaders. How is advertising on football shirts worth $75m to Qualcom? I get it when it's consumer stuff, but I just can't understand the business case for this stuff just sold to businesses.

In the past 5 seasons Man Utd have won two trophies and finished in the top 4 three times.  It might be poor by there standards, but it eclipses anything we've done for the past 30 years.

• Like 1

One year extension for Ten Hag.🤣

Hardly a great vote of confidence, didn't Unai sign a new deal to 2029 a few weeks back?

Will get an extra 12 months of compensation when he's sacked in November.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

In the past 5 seasons Man Utd have won two trophies and finished in the top 4 three times.  It might be poor by there standards, but it eclipses anything we've done for the past 30 years.

They spend 200m + every summer pretty much, we don't and have had to come from a long way back to even get back in top half.

I'd take finishing 8th next season though to win the FA cup but their general standards over last 30 years are much different to that.

You're not good enough. We know you're not good enough. We've made it clear to everyone the past few months you're not good enough, including yourself.

Here's a new deal.

ETH like every player agent going has played them like a fiddle the past month pressuring them to give him a new deal to show 'faith'

This club does not have a **** clue.

• Like 1

A year extension doesn't really give much confidence does it. Indicates to me they still want to get rid. Hopefully they still want Southgate but don't want to wait until after the EUROs to prepare for next season. 

21 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Tories out, Ten Hag in. What a day. Southgate was only a pipedream, but there's always next year.

There's always November.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, VillaChris said:

One year extension for Ten Hag.🤣

Hardly a great vote of confidence, didn't Unai sign a new deal to 2029 a few weeks back?

Will get an extra 12 months of compensation when he's sacked in November.

Hopefully he keeps the 'pressing high and defending deep and Kobbie Mainoo all alone in between' tactics, because I very much enjoyed those. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Just hope unai **** does better against ten moving foward. One win and four losses is pretty embarrassing against that manure team

They are a horrid bogey team for us. Let’s do the treble next season (you know we’ll get them in one of the cups).

1 hour ago, Strog said:

They are a horrid bogey team for us. Let’s do the treble next season (you know we’ll get them in one of the cups).

I cant tell you homw much i dislike them. I honestly felt that after what happened at manure being 2 up then bottling it 2nd half at villa park we would be up for it and lost again.

It really **** me off

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

I cant tell you homw much i dislike them. I honestly felt that after what happened at manure being 2 up then bottling it 2nd half at villa park we would be up for it and lost again.

It really **** me off

I lived in Manchester for 5 years. During that time we lost Yorke and Bosnich to them, they won the treble and they beat us in practically every game we played - I hated my time there as a Villa fan for those reasons. I hate that club and their whiny, entitled fans nearly as much as I hate Blose. Manure the one club I really want to fail and fall flat on its arse.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Strog said:

I lived in Manchester for 5 years. During that time we lost Yorke and Bosnich to them, they won the treble and they beat us in practically every game we played - I hated my time there as a Villa fan for those reasons. I hate that club and their whiny, entitled fans nearly as much as I hate Blose. Manure the one club I really want to fail and fall flat on its arse.

Here here

• Thanks 1

I can see them having a much better season next season.  One thing about United post-Fergie is that they always bounce back after having a shit season.  And with these new appointments off the pitch, they might just get their act together.  

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

I can see them having a much better season next season.  One thing about United post-Fergie is that they always bounce back after having a shit season.  And with these new appointments off the pitch, they might just get their act together.  

Plus they'll probably spend another £200m this summer like they usually do... but maybe on better players than usual.

2 hours ago, ender4 said:

Plus they'll probably spend another £200m this summer like they usually do... but maybe on better players than usual.

They will spend 200m but will only get 40m of actual players as their recruitment is so bad. 

I won’t worry about United as long as Ten Haag is in charge. He’s clueless beyond belief, like a bald, Dutch Southgate. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â