Manchester United

BOF

Imagine how much harder it is going to be this summer for United to get decent value for money whe. it’s know they paid £20m to get director out of Newcastle.

It’ll be the same old conundrum for them.

Option 1: Walk away from deals where clubs or players are taking the piss and risk ending up with nothing or 5th, 6th, 7th choice players 

Option 2: Pay the overpriced valuations and then risk that they become very expensive balls and chains for the next 5 or 6 years. The inflated prices also add extra pressure on the player and club to perform. 

Good old United. They’re learning it’s much harder when players are not as desperate to join them. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Quite suprising as newcastle can blow anything manure offer him financially

I think this move has left them with hostile relations

They can, doesn’t mean they will. 
If he’s on £1m a year, United offer him £3m and Newcastle refuse to be drawn into a bidding war then he’s gone. I might even have a sliver of respect for Newcastle for showing him the door, in the long run it’s much more sustainable.

Edited by Genie

39 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I dont understand why you would leave newcastle for manure. Newcastle are on the up (watch next season no europe and they will be challenging top four next year)  while manure are a decaying club only doing  well because the PL rules protect them

Because its Man United. No matter how shit they have been recently they have been more successful than all but a few teams.

Also the name still holds something like Liverpool did in its declining years

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Because its Man United. No matter how shit they have been recently they have been more successful than all but a few teams.

If FFP is scrapped then that wont matter as newcastle will dominate english football not man utd.  FFP is the only reason manure are still "in witj a chance"

2 hours ago, Genie said:

They can, doesn’t mean they will. 
If he’s on £1m a year, United offer him £3m and Newcastle refuse to be drawn into a bidding war then he’s gone. I might even have a sliver of respect for Newcastle for showing him the door, in the long run it’s much more sustainable.

Yeah sounds logical tbh. But money is nothing to these saudis they wont piss around for 2m i think. Maybe there is some truth that they were not veey happy with his work and didnt think he was worth it. Mixed bag at newcastle and has shown he has no loyalty.

I do wonder if newcastle may go for purslow

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

If man utd wanted ashworth this summer they take him, if they want isak they take him, if they want their kit man they take him 

I think with players it’s not the case so much. Isak might go there, but I think if other clubs are involved it’s not a given. Plenty are a better proposition overall. Bellingham had the full tour and chose Dortmund. They have struggled to sign accomplished top level players over the last few seasons.

They are having to gamble on players like Antony and Hojlund, but paying finished product money for them.

Hojlund should have been a £25m punt as backup to a proper accomplished striker. Instead he’s straight in as the £60m main man to score the goals.

Edited by Genie

10 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Man Utd have agreed a new shirt sponsor deal with Snapdragon at $75 million per year!

We're in the CL, they aren't, they've been poor for years, and their shirt is still worth, what, 8 times what ours is? There's no catching these ****. We'd have to be consistently better than them for generations to even start to make a dent

I'm baffled by their last two sponsors, TeamViewer, and now Snapdragon. Who's in the market for commercial remote desktop software and SOCs and isn't aware of the market leaders. How is advertising on football shirts worth $75m to Qualcom? I get it when it's consumer stuff, but I just can't understand the business case for this stuff just sold to businesses.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

Ashworth also has a friendship over many years with Brailsford and Ratcliffe so it may be more that than the money. 

5 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I don't get how people dont see just how much of an advantage the 6 have over everyone else

Again Leicester as a an example, they win the league, they play CL, they win the FA cup...they've still got an annual revenue 1/3 that of spurs 

The length of time its going to take to break in to that mob is like 10+ years sustained European places and winning things 

If man utd wanted ashworth this summer they take him, if they want isak they take him, if they want their kit man they take him 

There's no such thing as a club on the up having more appeal than a top 6 club 

You have to build from somewhere and we have solid foundations. Leicester,  with no disrespect didn't. We have a great team behind the scenes, partnerships that will help us build revenue with increased exposure. If we can keep competing with the top 6 then the commercial success will follow. Spurs are a great example how it can be done, without winning anything. We can be better and bigger within 3 seasons.

Man Utd have announced that they will be making 25% of all their staff redundant after a review.  

They currently have 1,112 employed staff, the highest in the league.

In comparison, Arsenal 649, Chelsea 788, Spurs 719, Liverpool 1005, Man City 520. 

Even once they get rid of 25% of their staff, they'll still have the second highest staffing in the Premier League.

• Shocked 1

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

Man Utd have announced that they will be making 25% of all their staff redundant after a review.  

They currently have 1,112 employed staff, the highest in the league.

In comparison, Arsenal 649, Chelsea 788, Spurs 719, Liverpool 1005, Man City 520. 

Even once they get rid of 25% of their staff, they'll still have the second highest staffing in the Premier League.

About 500 of those people will be taking care of all their random sponsors. Man Utds official tractor partner aren't going to take care of themselves. 

On 02/07/2024 at 12:39, villa4europe said:

I don't get how people dont see just how much of an advantage the 6 have over everyone else

Again Leicester as a an example, they win the league, they play CL, they win the FA cup...they've still got an annual revenue 1/3 that of spurs 

The length of time its going to take to break in to that mob is like 10+ years sustained European places and winning things 

There's no such thing as a club on the up having more appeal than a top 6 club 

Agree with just about everything, but it didn’t take Man City 10+ years to suddenly become recognized as a big factor after 2008. Back when sugar daddy financing was still openly admired.

51 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Agree with just about everything, but it didn’t take Man City 10+ years to suddenly become recognized as a big factor after 2008. Back when sugar daddy financing was still openly admired.

It didn't take them 10 years because the current rules weren't in place restricting their spending.

And then, when the rules came in,  they broke them anyway.

Legitimately, under the current rules, it would definitely take 10 ish years to build up to their level. 

1 minute ago, MrBlack said:

It didn't take them 10 years because the current rules weren't in place restricting their spending.

And then, when the rules came in,  they broke them anyway.

Legitimately, under the current rules, it would definitely take 10 ish years to build up to their level. 

Yeah that’s right.

The quickest way to get recognized as part of the ”big” group isn’t to actually win trophies, but simply to outspend others.

Â