Manchester United

BOF

7 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

I quite like the idea of having a handicap system where both sides have to field a team of equal value.

I like the idea that the underdog can beat anyone. 

That's why football is fun. 

15 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Its not fun in champions league though as the underdog advantage has gone with scrapping away goals

Cl games are shit now

And from next year, loads mores shit group games. Which will massively undermine and or/ abolish the cup United just won yesterday. Great isn't it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MakemineVanilla said:

I quite like the idea of having a handicap system where both sides have to field a team of equal value.

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Its not fun in champions league though as the underdog advantage has gone with scrapping away goals

Cl games are shit now

4 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

And from next year, loads mores shit group games. Which will massively undermine and or/ abolish the cup United just won yesterday. Great isn't it.

One obvious synthesis of these positions would be for the League Cup to not be open to sides that qualified for Europe. The best possible hint for how seriously the likes of Pep and Klopp take the problem of 'fixture congestion' (which my solution would undeniably reduce) is how they would absolutely hate this idea. They claim to hate all these fixtures but the truth is the League Cup is a great chance of some back-up silverware so the Big 6 fans can say to themselves 'at least we won a trophy'. 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

One obvious synthesis of these positions would be for the League Cup to not be open to sides that qualified for Europe. The best possible hint for how seriously the likes of Pep and Klopp take the problem of 'fixture congestion' (which my solution would undeniably reduce) is how they would absolutely hate this idea. They claim to hate all these fixtures but the truth is the League Cup is a great chance of some back-up silverware so the Big 6 fans can say to themselves 'at least we won a trophy'. 

I did mention this before with other VT posters but basically, it was concluded that the cup would be dead without the scum 6. Even if they just entered in name only with U21 sides the difference in the amount of broadcasting money the football league could ask for is huge. I think Parry would be flexible if the EFL was scrapped as long as the Football League got a sackful of cash in compensation. Apologies for going off-topic a bit. 

But as Fergie used to say it is still a pot worth winning. Even if only Scotland and Portugal have a secondary cup competition in Europe.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

That is such a good idea; Spurs would definitely vote for it.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I did mention this before with other VT posters but basically, it was concluded that the cup would be dead without the scum 6. Even if they just entered in name only with U21 sides the difference in the amount of broadcasting money the football league could ask for is huge. I think Parry would be flexible if the EFL was scrapped as long as the Football League got a sackful of cash in compensation. Apologies for going off-topic a bit. 

But as Fergie used to say it is still a pot worth winning. Even if only Scotland and Portugal have a secondary cup competition in Europe.

The league cup without teams in europe would be great. It would be so unpredictable who could win it.

But these clubs as you mention moan but they wouldnt want to be out either. If they had thwir way they would like to come at 4th round

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

yes we all know that Man Utd generates massive commercial revenue but this Glazers our stuff is hard to understand.

Its sheer entitlement, they broke the footballing cycle in the 90s and 00s and now can't cope with the idea that it's someone else's turn

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

yes we all know that Man Utd generates massive commercial revenue but this Glazers our stuff is hard to understand.

Because they are a bunch of entitled cry babies who think they should be winning every title

They used to mock others for sacking managers because they didnt sack Fergie yet hounded out his replacement in about 6 months

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Because they are a bunch of entitled cry babies who think they should be winning every title

They used to mock others for sacking managers because they didnt sack Fergie yet hounded out his replacement in about 6 months

What I find funny is the whole “united are back”  nonsense  just because they won the cup Ferguson called worthless.

Anyone else a bit gutted they signed Casemiro?

He’s settled in the Premier League incredibly quickly. Looks like an amazing player on the pitch and sets very high standards off it. 

11 hours ago, Genie said:

Anyone else a bit gutted they signed Casemiro?

He’s settled in the Premier League incredibly quickly. Looks like an amazing player on the pitch and sets very high standards off it. 

He is the glue for sure but I think you know who leaving has helped too.

Quality player yep it's a kick in the nuts he is doing so well.

We still have Ratboy to hate on though!

Ratboy is a funny one. It’s very easy to hate him as an opposition fan, but he is also undoubtedly an excellent player and works incredibly hard too.

Casemiro, Fernandes, Verane, Martinez, Rashford is a top class spine. If they can keep it together and build on it I suspect we’ll see them challenging for titles again 😢

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Considering reintroducing Greenwood into the fold.

The team people were cheering for last Sunday 🙈

After all the work done to set them on the right track… it would be madness for them to even consider it.

Pay him up, and **** him off. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â