Manchester United

BOF

Their shitness was fun while it lasted. Normal service has resumed.

They were still shit against Norwich. They are not the same side and won't be ever again.

I think they will be in and around Arsenal and Liverpool for the foreseeable future with Man City and Chelsea way out front of the rest of the league, just through spending power. 

They were out played by Norwich and scraped it. They're not flat-track bullying the minnows. Where they are in the league seems about right. They might climb a place or two if the likes of Everton slip.

• Like 1

In fairness they lost at Norwich last season.

It's actually a difficult venue to get an away win despite us regularly winning there. Think they've lost 5 in 19 at home which I'd be doing cartwheels if we had that record.

The more alarming game for me was the Hull game despite the comeback. They rode their luck massively and barely created anything in the second half.

Someone on the redcafe has made a good point....If United win 15 of their last 19 games and draw 1 and lose 3 they'll end up on 80 points which I can't see being enough to win the league.

Just shows how monumental an effort it will take for them to win the league, just finishing in the top 4 should be the aim.

They were still shit against Norwich. They are not the same side and won't be ever again.

I think they will be in and around Arsenal and Liverpool for the foreseeable future with Man City and Chelsea way out front of the rest of the league, just through spending power. 

I think Arsenal will stay the course this season. I don't know if they will win it but they will go close. Next three games. Cardiff H, Villa A, Fulham H  9pts. 

I think Arsenal will stay the course this season. I don't know if they will win it but they will go close. Next three games. Cardiff H, Villa A, Fulham H 9pts.

Yes, this season Man City and Chelsea have been pegged back a bit whilst they adjust to having new managers but once next season kicks off I think those two clubs will be way out in front whilst Man U, Liverpool, Spurs and Arsenal compete with each other for the remaining two Champions league places.

The Premier League will follow a similar pattern to the Spanish League with two clubs being much richer than everyone else pulling away from the pack.

Yes, the TV deal helps rebalance things slightly but the level of wealth those two clubs have dwarfs the TV money many times over.

Now that they are getting creative with their sposorship endorsements they will be able to sustain a wage bill that can support a second string side that is better than the rest of the leagues 1st 11s.

Yes, the TV deal helps rebalance things slightly but the level of wealth those two clubs have dwarfs the TV money many times over.

Now that they are getting creative with their sposorship endorsements they will be able to sustain a wage bill that can support a second string side that is better than the rest of the leagues 1st 11s.

If United spent what they were capable of it would easily be a big 3 at the top. They have the type of money city and Chelsea have. This issue is the Glazers.

Now that they are getting creative with their sposorship endorsements they will be able to sustain a wage bill that can support a second string side that is better than the rest of the leagues 1st 11s.

If United spent what they were capable of it would easily be a big 3 at the top. They have the type of money city and Chelsea have. This issue is the Glazers.

Yep, the point is that their spending is restricted by their debt to the Glazers and now they no longer have a special manager to allow them to keep up with the two big spenders. 

The Premier League TV deal isn't just a slight re-balance though. The numbers involved in the prize money (the tens of millions) mean that even the lesser Premier League clubs can function very very nicely indeed. Whereas the Spanish system means that once Real and Barça have eaten from the TV trough, there's precious little left to divvy up amongst the remaining sides, resulting in pretty much all (if not all) of them being in the red, usually massively so.

There may be a disparity in the Premier League amongst top and bottom sides, but the Premier League itself at least ensures that the lesser lights can remain healthy while the others get creative with external additional funding. The Primera model doesn't guarantee anything like that and it's a house of cards waiting to topple. This is all discussed in the Spanish football thread.

• Like 1

Yes, I agree with all of that but it doesn't relate to what I was saying. 

The point I was making is that Man City and Chelsea are streets ahead of the rest of the league in spending power. Now that Man U don't have a special manager anymore they will fall away leaving the two richest clubs to be clear favorites for the title for the foreseeable future. In fact it may well be Man City out in a league of their own for a while the way things are going.  

As soon as Moyes starts getting a run together, they lose.

11 games unbeaten and then back to back defeats against Everton and Newcastle.

6 straight wins and then lose to Tottenham. 

I think we can safely say they wont finish in the top 3 now. I expect Spurs to do well 2nd half of the season.

I wouldn't be so sure about Spurs, they are playing well at the moment but I wouldn't be so sure about Sherwood being the man to lead them full time.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â