Manchester United

BOF

People talking about Everton for top 4.

Is it just me that would find that slightly more annoying than a bigger club like Liverpool or Spurs getting it as it shows how if we'd been better run and managed it could be us?

Spurs bigger than Everton?

You're having a laugh. 9 titles versus 2...

All in the past. We have 7 titles but arent bigger than Spurs anymore.

Spurs' fanbase dwarfs ours and Evertons, they also get more income than both of us and attract bigger name players.

I live in London and no way does Tottenham's fan-base dwarf ours. Even the majority of people in Tottenham aren't Spurs fans. Their support is mainly based in the outskirts and places like Essex and Hertfordshire but it isn't any bigger then ours.
Don't they have over 20 thousand people on a season ticket waiting list? Add those to a support which is already sold out every week at 36k and they'll leave us behind.

Can't calculate it that way. Their season tickets are capped so that there's still a number of tickets on sale every week. Much like ours was a few season ago under Mon at around 20k. I'd say they could regularly fill a 45k stadium as most of those that go will also be on the waiting list.

Is it just me that would find that slightly more annoying than a bigger club like Liverpool or Spurs getting it as it shows how if we'd been better run and managed it could be us?

Spurs' fanbase dwarfs ours and Evertons, they also get more income than both of us and attract bigger name players.

I live in London and no way does Tottenham's fan-base dwarf ours. Even the majority of people in Tottenham aren't Spurs fans. Their support is mainly based in the outskirts and places like Essex and Hertfordshire but it isn't any bigger then ours.
Don't they have over 20 thousand people on a season ticket waiting list? Add those to a support which is already sold out every week at 36k and they'll leave us behind.
Can't calculate it that way. Their season tickets are capped so that there's still a number of tickets on sale every week. Much like ours was a few season ago under Mon at around 20k. I'd say they could regularly fill a 45k stadium as most of those that go will also be on the waiting list.

Pretty sure ours have never been capped?

If we were to cap them surely it would have had to be around 30k or slightly more ST holders, as 20k is under 1/2 of the ground capacity.

Going back OT Utd look poor again tonight. Hope they lose but I dont want them too fired up against us.

Pretty sure ours have never been capped?

If we were to cap them surely it would have had to be around 30k or slightly more ST holders, as 20k is under 1/2 of the ground capacity.

Going back OT Utd look poor again tonight. Hope they lose but I dont want them too fired up against us.

Definitely got capped, think it was around 24k. I had some friends who wanted to jump on the bandwagon and got put on a waiting list.

He had been in decline in his last season and a half with us, but he isn't good enough for Manchester United.  The Ashley Young of 2007-2009 was though. 

• Like 1

I can't remember it being capped, though I haven't paid too much attention to it. We sold 28,000 ahead of 2007/08, 08/09 and 09/10 though.

That seems very high considering occasionally our crowds under MON for games dropped to 33k, that would mean only 5k tickets were sold to our fans and away fans.

It's the figure the press office quoted, still available on Google.  I'm not sure how we calculate attendances though, it might be bums on seats instead of tickets sold so season ticket holders who don't attend won't be counted. 

Their midfield is poor so our chance on sunday will be to pressue them in the centre of the park. Problem is that Delph is suspended. I guess Sylla or Herd will have to do. re season tickets- I am sure one year under MON they capped the number of season tickets to produce a waiting list. But is was mostly marketing flannel as even in the salad days of O'Neill most games at Villa you could buy a ticket at least a week before or probably even on the day of the match. Spurs are not even selling out their Europa league matches which suggest they have a good 35,000ish fanbase but if the regulars don't go, the crowd drops. Like most clubs outside of United or Arsenal in England.

Their midfield is poor so our chance on sunday will be to pressue them in the centre of the park. Problem is that Delph is suspended. I guess Sylla or Herd will have to do. re season tickets- I am sure one year under MON they capped the number of season tickets to produce a waiting list. But is was mostly marketing flannel as even in the salad days of O'Neill most games at Villa you could buy a ticket at least a week before or probably even on the day of the match. Spurs are not even selling out their Europa league matches which suggest they have a good 35,000ish fanbase but if the regulars don't go, the crowd drops. Like most clubs outside of United or Arsenal in England.

Yep definitely got capped. It was also to hold tickets back for half season tickets. I think they messed up by capping it, it wasn't a huge waiting list and lots of extra revenue missed.

so Morpheus its ok for United to give Moyes time but not for you to give Lambert time when we only 3 points behind them :o

I knew what I was letting myself in for with my comment on Moyes and you haven't disappointed me.  :lol:

If Moyes was at our club instead of Man U yes I would give him more time for the simple reason that I think Moyes is a much better manager than Lambert and with that comment if we beat Man U then I guess i'm leaving myself wide open for another rebuttal.

Lets hope you are able to do that. 

Moyes has visibly aged over the last few months.

There was an avatar on here of him morphing into Sméagol from LOTR. I think we're actually watching that happen in real life :)

so Morpheus its ok for United to give Moyes time but not for you to give Lambert time when we only 3 points behind them :o

I knew what I was letting myself in for with my comment on Moyes and you haven't disappointed me.  :lol:

If Moyes was at our club instead of Man U yes I would give him more time for the simple reason that I think Moyes is a much better manager than Lambert and with that comment if we beat Man U then I guess i'm leaving myself wide open for another rebuttal.

Lets hope you are able to do that. 

To be fair if we beat Man United it doesn't really change that much. It's just one game.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â