Manchester United

BOF

16 hours ago, villalad21 said:

This really is an issue.

You can't carry passengers. Ronaldo needs to get out of the team or performances won't improve.

Yes he will get goals but it will come at an expense.

JW-LAZY-RONALDO-v2.jpg

Would u rule out any of the bottom 10 players playing for Villa as they don't press enough?

• Like 1

On 03/10/2021 at 12:53, Peter Griffin said:

Would u rule out any of the bottom 10 players playing for Villa as they don't press enough?

I think it shows you have to be blummin' good if you're not going to work hard.

Ronaldo is becoming that Darren Bent thing - having him in your team is like starting 1-0 up but down to ten men (in fairness to Ronaldo, at the moment, it might be 1.5-0 up).

• Like 3

You set up teams to play into Ronaldo's strengths.  He's still one of the best in the world at converting his chances, being in the right place at the right time and he's still pretty mobile, as his second goal against Newcastle away demonstrates.  His teammates are still probably getting used to the way he plays and yet he's still scored 5 in 7 or whatever. 

Varane is NOT now a terrible player, he's just a guy who's moved countries, is settling in to a place where it pisses down with rain 70% of the year from sunny Madrid and who's played 5/6 games in the Prem.

Posters in here once against demonstrating they know very little about actually playing the game, but probably can fish out any stats to help prove their shitty points because as soon as a player is on the football pitch, they should be performing to their digital statistics, not human ones. 

Stop talking shit. 

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

You set up teams to play into Ronaldo's strengths.  He's still one of the best in the world at converting his chances, being in the right place at the right time and he's still pretty mobile, as his second goal against Newcastle away demonstrates.  His teammates are still probably getting used to the way he plays and yet he's still scored 5 in 7 or whatever. 

Varane is NOT now a terrible player, he's just a guy who's moved countries, is settling in to a place where it pisses down with rain 70% of the year from sunny Madrid and who's played 5/6 games in the Prem.

Posters in here once against demonstrating they know very little about actually playing the game, but probably can fish out any stats to help prove their shitty points because as soon as a player is on the football pitch, they should be performing to their digital statistics, not human ones. 

Stop talking shit. 

Whilst I agree with what you are trying to say about real world impacts vs data analysis, I'm never keen on seeing people saying others know nothing about actually playing the game. None of us have played the game at the top level. The only poster I know of who has isn't active anymore and never played higher then the Championship. We're all just trying to figure it out and all of us are talking shit in some way. 

Ronaldo is dead. I don't care what anyone says.

Can't link up. Can't hold the ball up. Can't dribble anymore. Guy is trying to do these dead step overs. Honestly it's so embarrassing to watch.

He is just a lamp post in the opposition box he is bound to get some tap ins. Doesn't work for the team, it's all about him and his individual records.

Ronaldo would not get in the team if I was the MU boss. No chance.

Edited by villalad21
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Didn't see him running from his own half, outpacing the defenders to slot in his second goal against Newcastle then? Hardly **** moves, useless layabout

Lukaku, Haaland and now Ronaldo can join Dean Smith in the not very good hall of fame

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Can't link up. Can't hold the ball up. Can't dribble anymore. Guy is trying to do these dead step overs. Honestly it's so embarrassing to watch.

He is just a lamp post in the opposition box he is bound to get some tap ins. Doesn't work for the team, it's all about him and his individual records.

3/10

Must try harder. I know you can do better. 

• Like 1

200.gif

• Like 1

This could be the funniest post i’ve ever read on Villa talk, I just hope it is sarcasm.

The greatest manager of all time SAF said this week that with a player of Ronaldo’s ability available he has to start him (after he was left on the bench until the 57th minute against Everton).

• Like 1

It's credit to him at his age that we still expect him to play in his familiar style - he's older than Ashley Young and James Milner, both of whom have moved backwards into defence to extend their careers. He's currently the second oldest outfield player in the Premier League and regardless of anything else he's still scoring goals. 

I think it's sensible to put him on the bench from time to time to protect him, even with his level of fitness, 38 Premier League games and the Champions league on top will be too much for a player that will be 37 at the end of the season.

They might be faced with an uncomfortable problem next summer when they may have to have an awkward conversation with him about his role in the team, but for now it's absolutely remarkable what he's able to do at his age.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

It's credit to him at his age that we still expect him to play in his familiar style - he's older than Ashley Young and James Milner, both of whom have moved backwards into defence to extend their careers. He's currently the second oldest outfield player in the Premier League and regardless of anything else he's still scoring goals. 

I think it's sensible to put him on the bench from time to time to protect him, even with his level of fitness, 38 Premier League games and the Champions league on top will be too much for a player that will be 37 at the end of the season.

They might be faced with an uncomfortable problem next summer when they may have to have an awkward conversation with him about his role in the team, but for now it's absolutely remarkable what he's able to do at his age.

I know there’s different schools of thought on managing older players to protect them. I’m in the camp of starting with your best / strongest team and then taking off players once you’ve got ahead.

I think it puts pressure on older players like Ronaldo to bring him on later and expect him to work a miracle.

Some people, like Ole it seems, likes to try and get away with not using these players of they can avoid it.

I don't think anyone is expecting to see the Ronaldo from Madrid or the latter seasons at Utd anymore.

But to say he's a lamppost and immobile (when we've already seen him outpace defenders) is just patently bullshit and easily dismissed.

He isn't going to hold up the ball like Lukaku, but no-one else is (and hasn't since Drogba or Hartson lol).  But he is still an excellent striker, who will finish better than Cavani etc.

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â