Manchester United

BOF

the thing is Jose's always done this, the questions about whats changed, why has he changed...he **** hasnt, the conte stuff was trying to shift attention on to him and get people talking about him rather than how shit utd were, the difference now is its only kind of working, when he was with chelsea and madrid it worked a treat

this bullshit today about hating living in a hotel, its started to deflect the attention already

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Genie said:

Clubs like Man United are absolutely killing the game if that is true. They should walk away if the agent wants that kind of money and "take one for the football team"

It isn't true.  Juve got the player for less than a million, and as part of that deal, they agreed to give Raiola a humongous chunk of any future profit.  They then got a humongous profit and initially refused to hold up their part of the bargain regarding Raiola's agreed fee, asking United instead to foot the bill.  United said no and Juve eventually relented.  It was clever from Raiola back at the time and Juve were fully aware that they'd still be making a fortune.  Tough shit on Juve but they still did quite well I think we all agree.

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

to me its flirting with 3rd party ownership without the contractual obligations

I was about to post the same thing. There have been big clamp downs on 3rd party ownership and this smells very much like it. I'm not sure how Juve could be allowed to sign a player with a clause saying a percentage of the sell on fee goes to the agent? It sounds very bizarre.

58 minutes ago, BOF said:

It isn't true.  Juve got the player for less than a million, and as part of that deal, they agreed to give Raiola a humongous chunk of any future profit.  They then got a humongous profit and initially refused to hold up their part of the bargain regarding Raiola's agreed fee, asking United instead to foot the bill.  United said no and Juve eventually relented.  It was clever from Raiola back at the time and Juve were fully aware that they'd still be making a fortune.  Tough shit on Juve but they still did quite well I think we all agree.

Mostly agree.

However were it not for the clause then it's likely that the fee would have been considerably lower. 

I'd argue Juve got the market value (more than I actually think he is worth) still and ultimately United paid the agent fee even if indirectly.

That Juve tried their luck for the whole fee and the direct payment of the agent was them trying their luck in my view.

17 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I'd argue Juve got the market value (more than I actually think he is worth) still and ultimately United paid the agent fee even if indirectly.

The transfer fee never went up between the point where Juve stalled and United eventually bought.  We can argue subjectively over whether United paid market value + agent's fee but the fee they paid was the fee they initially agreed.  So Raiola's chunk came out of that.  Juve took the hit.

36 minutes ago, BOF said:

The transfer fee never went up between the point where Juve stalled and United eventually bought.  We can argue subjectively over whether United paid market value + agent's fee but the fee they paid was the fee they initially agreed.  So Raiola's chunk came out of that.  Juve took the hit.

No I know it didn't that wasn't what I suggested. My arguement is simply that they didn't in reality take the hit.

8 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

They aren't going anywhere they will milk that cow for decades.

I'm a little less convinced as with Sterling dropping so much, the value of this asset is dropping precipitously too, and I suspect at a rate much higher than any future earnings growth predictions. Given, that they are US based and with another recession due over the next few yrs, I'd be surprised if they haven't investigated selling up at least a chunk of their holding. 

Not that it matters, as that is a club that truly deserves such parasitic owners.

8 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

I'd kill to hear an honest view from Ferguson on the Pogba deal....

Ferguson also wanted Rooney out of club near the end. since he left Rooney got a new deal and splashed out the world record fee for a player they previously owned :lol:

I think they're entitled to celebrate given the opposition.  The alternative would be ridiculous.  I do wonder at the modern phenomenon of judging the scale of someone else's celebrations.

The money paid for Pogba is silly, but.

He's still only 23, in a new league and team (yes I know he played 3 games for Man U as a teen) being played in a new position in a team very much under construction under a new manager. Bit early to write him off as he was very, very good at Juve.

As for Zlatan being a sunshine player, nah. Scored tons of important goals at every club he's been at, and for a terrible Sweden side.

He's now 35 y.o so expecting him to destroy the league is absurd. He's been way below par in recent weeks, as has the whole team. Yesterday he misplaced more passes than he does during a normal season, and provided the assist for the winning goal.

Btw I can't stand United and I've never could. Hope they crash and burn. but still think Zlatan will score 15-20 if he takes the penalties. 

On ‎25‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 23:08, TrentVilla said:

Hearing that agents fee has just killed a significant chuck of what remaining love I have for the game.

Football is forever ruined, it's only getting worse. I'm really not sure why any of us bother any more.

The on the pitch product.

I'm not saying it's perfect on the grass either but just imagine Ayew or Kodjia smashing in a 94th minute winner this weekend...that's an example of why all of us obsess over Football not how much Mino Rinola is getting as a consultancy fee.

On 27/10/2016 at 10:34, VillaChris said:

The on the pitch product.

I'm not saying it's perfect on the grass either but just imagine Ayew or Kodjia smashing in a 94th minute winner this weekend...that's an example of why all of us obsess over Football not how much Mino Rinola is getting as a consultancy fee.

Well yes that is fairly obviously the case but for me things like the above agent fee are filling the enthusiasm I once held for the other part of the game.

Could just be me, could be getting older etc but I get the sense I'm not alone.

Football is losing touch with its roots, it's connection to the people who are it's bedrock. 

It may take years but that direction of travel will not be without consequence. There is a reason Sky's viewing figures for the first part of the season are down 19% and it isn't because Bake Off was on or due to Brexit.

11 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Well yes that is fairly obviously the case but for me things like the above agent fee are filling the enthusiasm I once held for the other part of the game.

Could just be me, could be getting older etc but I get the sense I'm not alone.

Football is losing touch with its roots, it's connection to the people who are it's bedrock. 

It may take years but that direction of travel will not be without consequence. There is a reason Sky's viewing figures for the first part of the season are down 19% and it isn't because Bake Off was on or due to Brexit.

Agreed. As the vast majority of people are having to tighten their belts financially, we are seeing wages and fees still go up. Some players earn more in a month than an average worker will ever earn in a lifetime, yet the general consensus (at least in my social circle) is that the product on show is of a far weaker quality than say 10-15 years ago.  Plus social media now highlights how unlikeable and ungrateful some footballers can be. 

I'm hoping the bubble bursts massively at some point and we have to back and start again

• Like 3

Big problem though is even if domestic rights start to fall (and we know Sky would fall apart if they ever lost prem football so they'll keep overpaying to retain) premier league gets a shedload from its overseas deals so I really don't see the bubble bursting anytime soon tbh.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â