Manchester United

BOF

United won't struggle to sign players, of course the won't.

My point about Kroos though, is he'd be one of the most sought after players in the world if he was available, currently playing at the best team in the world. I imagine any team in Europe would want him. And in that scenario, I think United wouldn't be favourites for his signature.

If Kroos was playing for a lesser German team, like Stuttgart, Wolfsburg, etc.. then I could see him going to Utd, likewise if he was playing outside of Germany, but he's at Bayern, the favourites to win his home country's domestic league and probably the favourites for the Champions League also. Why would he leave there for anyone? Never mind a team not playing Champions League at all. 

Edited by Qwpzxjor1

Liverpool continued to sign top class players despite being nowhere near the CL places. I expect Man Utd will not struggle too much in the short term.

times have changed though, liverpool were signing good players when the prem was at its peak and when we were all paying comparatively decent wages

since then we've had the oil men take over

i think the utd name + the premier league will still mean they can buy great players, BUT i dont they'll necessarily be able to buy players that other teams are interested in, like others have said if kroos was transfer listed, it wouldnt just be utd that went sniffing and they'd lose out to city, chelsea, real, barca, maybe the 2 french big spenders (and obviously kroos being a poor example but if it was some else you could add bayern and dortmund to that list) utd could be as low as 9th on the pecking list for an available player...

Liverpool continued to sign top class players despite being nowhere near the CL places. I expect Man Utd will not struggle too much in the short term.

times have changed though, liverpool were signing good players when the prem was at its peak and when we were all paying comparatively decent wages

since then we've had the oil men take over

i think the utd name + the premier league will still mean they can buy great players, BUT i dont they'll necessarily be able to buy players that other teams are interested in, like others have said if kroos was transfer listed, it wouldnt just be utd that went sniffing and they'd lose out to city, chelsea, real, barca, maybe the 2 french big spenders (and obviously kroos being a poor example but if it was some else you could add bayern and dortmund to that list) utd could be as low as 9th on the pecking list for an available player...

If utd were sat top of league they could still lose out on their targets to the teams you've listed there. It would depend on on the preferences and personal circumstances of the individual.

Surely Cavani would be a better option, in his mid 20s and he'd score for fun in the prem imo.

could utd pay him more than PSG?

as for kroos, i rate him, and even if you dont, look at utds current midfield options, he's better than cleverley and carrick

I think they could, you only have to look at the wages RVP and Rooney are on

Whether Kroos would want to go there is another matter

Moyes says he thinks they can win this year's Champions League

:lol:

Avb said the year he was at Chelsea before the first napoli game that the squad was good enough and people laughed. It turned out to be right, just not with him in charge.

Even if Ferguson came back tomorrow, they have no chance to beat the likes of Bayern, Barca, Madrid, etc. Pipe dream.

well Ferguson was shocking in Europe, 2 wins in 20 years really is a poor record and was rarely brought up. United look more comfortable in group stage than a Fergie team has in a while

• Like 1

Even if Ferguson came back tomorrow, they have no chance to beat the likes of Bayern, Barca, Madrid, etc. Pipe dream.

well Ferguson was shocking in Europe, 2 wins in 20 years really is a poor record and was rarely brought up. United look more comfortable in group stage than a Fergie team has in a while

Well it is a competition that needs to have luck on your side to win and they were in 3 out of 4 finals quite recently. I'd be prepared to give Ferguson some slack on his European record, anything can happen in a cup comp. It is the day in day out consistency in the league that decides the quality of a manager IMO.

That element of luck means that Moyes could actually win it but I wouldn't be putting my money there :P

maybe but from about 1998-2008 between Juventus and Barcelona dominance it was very open no dominant team and United won it once, same as Liverpool and Porto and got to same amount of finals as Monaco and Bayer Leverkusen. Ferguson never mastered European football especially as he tried be too tactical which wasnt his specialty

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â