Manchester United

BOF

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

It was still a higher percentage than what Ratcliffe owns

But owning such a big stake in United cost billions. It’s not a small stake. They aren’t comparable. 

28 minutes ago, viivvaa66 said:

The UEFA rules are:

Article 5 Integrity of the competition/multi-club ownership

To ensure the integrity of the UEFA club competitions (i.e. UEFA Champions League, UEFA Europa League and UEFA Conference League), the club must be able to prove that as at 3 June 2024 the below criteria are met and the club must continue to comply with the below criteria until the end of the competition:

1. No club participating in a UEFA club competition may, either directly or indirectly:

1. hold or deal in the securities or shares of any other club participating in a UEFA club competition;

2. be a member of any other club participating in a UEFA club competition;

3. be involved in any capacity whatsoever in the management, administration and/or sporting performance of any other club participating in a UEFA club competition; or

4. have any power whatsoever in the management, administration and/or sporting performance of any other club participating in a UEFA club competition.

2. No one may simultaneously be involved, either directly or indirectly, in any capacity whatsoever in the management, administration and/or sporting performance of more than one club participating in a UEFA club competition.

3. No individual or legal entity may have control or influence over more than one club participating in a UEFA club competition, such control or influence being defined in this context as:

1. holding a majority of the shareholders’ voting rights;

2. having the right to appoint or remove a majority of the members of the administrative, management or supervisory body of the club;

3. being a shareholder and alone controlling a majority of the shareholders’ voting rights pursuant to an agreement entered into with other shareholders of the club; or

4. being able to exercise by any means a decisive influence in the decision-making of the club

In other words it isn’t about how many shares you own, but how much influence you have over the club. Even if Ratcliffe only has a minority stake in ManU, he controls the football decisions. That means he has to sell enough shares in Nice so he no longer has control or influence in the decision making of Nice.

Well according to that they must have bent the rules for us last season.

They have also made compromises for other clubs with shared owners to play in the same competition. 

I presume they will find a solution for Man U as well. Man City/Girona will also need a similar work around. 

19 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Well according to that they must have bent the rules for us last season.

They have also made compromises for other clubs with shared owners to play in the same competition. 

I presume they will find a solution for Man U as well. Man City/Girona will also need a similar work around. 

No, our owners reduced their stake in Vitoria, from 46% to 29% and at the same time left the board of directors, so they no longer had any influence over the club.

UEFA have no objections if you own a minority stake in a second club if you have no control or influence over that club.

The solution is always to not have control or influence over two clubs that compete in the same UEFA competition. 

28 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Really hope that Sancho to-sell-or-not-sell drama plays out all summer long. More chaos at United, please.

If the Sancho to buy or not to buy drama is any clue, then we've got about another 2 years until it's sorted. 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

You couldn't write this melodrama. If Sancho goes back to United, and sucks, I'm sure Manure fans will be understanding.

Jadon Sancho is ready to go back to Manchester United - but only if Erik ten Hag leaves this summer.

‌Sancho has been a huge success during his six-month loan spell back at Borussia Dortmund and the German club would like to sign him on a permanent basis. But Dortmund are faced with two major obstacles in United’s price is almost certain to be too expensive for them to make it happen as it will be in excess of £50million.

And England international Sancho, 24, is reluctant to give up on his United career and still has an ambition to make it work at Old Trafford. But there is also a realisation that Sancho will not have a future under current boss Ten Hag.

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Genie said:

£50m for Sancho would be a bargain, you don’t get much for that these days. 

He'd be a great get for so many teams. Frightening what he could become under Emery.

However because Utd are stupid and don't have a clue what they're doing, they put him on £18m a year so no one will pay for him fully.

• Like 1

He will be on loan till ten haag leaves, then see if he can keep his powder dry for the new manager.

Bad egg!

2 hours ago, Nigel said:

He will be on loan till ten haag leaves, then see if he can keep his powder dry for the new manager.

Bad egg!

Bad egg-head ETH? Or Bad egg Sancho?

I know what the former is based on, but not the latter.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Don_Simon said:

Bad egg-head ETH? Or Bad egg Sancho?

I know what the former is based on, but not the latter.

Sancho is the bad egg for me!

If you have to be loaned out due to an argument then you have to look in the mirror! 

Edited by Nigel

5 hours ago, Nigel said:

Sancho is the bad egg for me!

If you have to be loaned out due to an argument then you have to look in the mirror! 

What if he was right and stood by his morales?

30 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

Tbh honest i dont really care, just seems a bad egg to me.

7 hours ago, Nigel said:

Tbh honest i dont really care, just seems a bad egg to me.

Hahahahaha! This is epic. We should do this more often.

• Like 1

Just heard  that Bruno wants a new contract. By all accounts there will be clauses in it to include; £10,000 every time he moans to the ref, £50,000 per successful dive, and £15,000 for each time he whinges like a little bitch with his hands raised in the air while the opposition breaks on the counter. Shrewd move.  

12 hours ago, Don_Simon said:

I can see why he'd be pissed off if he really felt he'd tried hard in training and ETH had a dig for no reason, but publicly arguing with your boss is a pretty stupid move even if you feel like you're in the right, and he had a couple of years of mediocre displays and long periods of going missing supported by the club at that point.

Even Man United fans that want ETH gone don't seem to want Sancho back.

9 minutes ago, oishiiniku_uk said:

They're apparently in talks to give Johnny Evans a new contract... Is this part of the bold, exciting strategy under Ineos?

Probably United best defender since Martinez always injured 

Says a lot about how they have build this squad 😂

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â