Manchester United

BOF

3 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

They're likely to find the same problems we have (presumably) encountered: the main stadium-builder has gone bust, construction cost inflation is through the roof, time spans are extended, projects are overrunning both time and cost. Unlike us, they'd be looking at building a whole stadium, not a stand, and presumably a very large one since it wouldn't make sense to build one with a much-reduced capacity. 

They're obviously a very wealthy club but it would be a giant project and I'd have thought once they took a look at the cost they might well conclude patching up OT makes more sense. 

Assuming they'd factor in more corporate facilities, something absolutely state of the art, a mega store, then some multi sport stuff like NFL, racing, plus concerts etc they'd be comfortably north of £1bn

It ain't going to happen 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Thomas Frank? Current favourite. Quite a low key appointment if it happens.

I wouldn't read anything into those odds. It's pure guess work. 

Verane confirmed to be leaving at the end of the season when his contract expires. Only 31, I thought he was older than that.

17 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I don't want to keep going on about it, but I'm going to.

Man Utd still haven't reached the points total that Aston Villa had... in Gameweek 27. The 2nd March

The panic around them catching us this season was absolutely insane. We could have lost every game since 2nd March and they still wouldn't be ahead of us :D 

There was a little period around week 32ish when they were about 8 or 9 points behind with a game in hand and picking up points (had won 5 out of 7) where it looked like we might be in for a close finish. I think it coincided with them playing again before we did so gap could have potentially been something like 4 or 5 with us having the game in hand.

As it happened though that was their purple patch and they caved in. 

29 minutes ago, Genie said:

There was a little period around week 32ish when they were about 8 or 9 points behind with a game in hand and picking up points (had won 5 out of 7) where it looked like we might be in for a close finish. I think it coincided with them playing again before we did so gap could have potentially been something like 4 or 5 with us having the game in hand.

As it happened though that was their purple patch and they caved in. 

It only looked like it would be a close finish in the most pessimistic scenario possible. No metric or logic other than pessimism pointed towards them getting anywhere near us

They'll finish 9th if they lose their last two (and Brighton beat Chelsea).

That's exactly where they should be finishing. Indeed probably a few season metrics still have them bottom half.

I actually don't think they'll improve that much next season either. I thought Chelsea would go up the league considerably with Pochettino and making some decent signings but they could still finish 8th themselves so small improvement from last season.

This is a two year rebuilding job for the next manager but the problem is they'll be under huge pressure if they're not even 7th next year.

• Like 1

It’ll be interesting how they get in against Newcastle later. Are they fully on the beach now? 95% of the squad being put on the transfer list isn’t likely to get them putting a shift in.

8 hours ago, oishiiniku_uk said:

In talks with Kieran McKenna apparently. Poor bugger. He'll have that haunted, 1000 yard stare in no time if he gets the job.

Way too early for him. Needs to stay at Ipswich.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â