Manchester United

BOF

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

It won't be TH that did it 

De gea was also the world's highest paid GK

And there's a reason he's not had a job for 6 months 

Yep United have many problems but De Gea was far far from the solution. Guy was highest paid player and  error prone. He is probably going to retire soon as no club has taken him

31 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Management at any level is a basic game , if you're an absolute joyless prick with no personality people ain't going to run through brick walls to help you.

...and Ten Haag is an absolute tossbag.

Arteta and Pep seem to be riding high in the table

• Like 1

Is Ten Hag actually doing as bad as people make out, or do they just get carried away by attention grabbing games like the defeat to Bournemouth and then frame such a result as if it's typical, since he was appointed as their manager only Liverpool, Arsenal, and Man City have taken more points, and in Liverpool's case it's just two more, even this season in the form guides they aren't exactly doing badly, not where they think they should be, but boo hoo every big club goes through that.

A lot of this talk about how poorly they're doing actually plays into their arrogance and sense of thinking they have a divine right to be the best, in an unusual step for me I watched a football related youtube video and it was Gary Neville, Roy Keane, and I think Micah RIchards, and Jamie Carragher, and they were debating for like an hour what had gone wrong for Man Utd, there were constant references to the Alex Ferguson era and how to get back to those times, as if that era was typical of their whole history, I replied in my thinking, you can't just magically make those times come back, even if you make the right appointments, as there is a lot of luck involved, and as above, they had spells before Ferguson when they weren't doing so well, they just happen to be in one of those spells now, obviously they can do things to improve and do better than they have been doing, but you can't just appoint such and such a manager and such and such a DOF and suddenly they will be as they were during Sir AF's time again.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

my worry is that they get their shit together and one day they do...

even i dont think our players and manager are jumping ship to them any time soon i still think there's potential for us to get a lot of media guff coming our way

My worry is Villa fans needlessly worrying about things out of our control and have little bearing on us while absolutely flying under an elite manager

Media guff lately has been Emery has found the perfect club, it hasn't translated in past at bigger clubs with egos in the dressing room and he has the backing of seriously rich owners that mean business and will not be pushed around

Edited by Kiwivillan

2 minutes ago, useless said:

Is Ten Hag actually doing as bad as people make out, or do they just get carried away by attention grabbing games like the defeat to Bournemouth and then frame such a result as if it's typical

Their underlying stats across the board are rubbish and they're luckboxing a load of results

1 hour ago, useless said:

Is Ten Hag actually doing as bad as people make out, or do they just get carried away by attention grabbing games like the defeat to Bournemouth and then frame such a result as if it's typical, since he was appointed as their manager only Liverpool, Arsenal, and Man City have taken more points, and in Liverpool's case it's just two more, even this season in the form guides they aren't exactly doing badly, not where they think they should be, but boo hoo every big club goes through that.

Yes exactly this. They aren't actually doing that badly, 10 points from top of the league, in with a good shout of qualifying for CL again. 

If they get worse they'll sack Ten Hag and someone else will keep them ticking along nicely in 4th. They'll spend again in Jan and in the summer to improve.

21 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Honestly it looks like he's letting them in on purpose 

Apparently was a story at Ajax that the goalkeeping coaches told him his technique was dreadful and he refused to adapt and they were pissed at him

7 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Management at any level is a basic game , if you're an absolute joyless prick with no personality people ain't going to run through brick walls to help you.

...and Ten Haag is an absolute tossbag.

Can't agree. Excellent manager, wrong fit for this group of players. Long may the partnership continue!

From what I can see, ETH has a lot of integrity and he's very candid in his coaching, but I think a lot of English players can't cope with that kind of bluntness and like more hand-holding. If someone's not earning his fees, I think this kind of thing especially drives ETH crazy. I don't think he respects players like that, and given these players and their situations, well, it's a problem. I think ETH did make a mistake in bringing in Onana.

I definitely don't think someone like Potter or a Gareth Southgate-type personality of a manager would work well either at this ManU either. 

Better would be someone in the style of Jurgen Klopp or a slightly different version of Postecoglou. You need someone who can make that emotional connection with players but has the tactical nous and passion for success. 

29 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Can't agree. Excellent manager, wrong fit for this group of players. Long may the partnership continue!

From what I can see, ETH has a lot of integrity and he's very candid in his coaching, but I think a lot of English players can't cope with that kind of bluntness and like more hand-holding. If someone's not earning his fees, I think this kind of thing especially drives ETH crazy. I don't think he respects players like that, and given these players and their situations, well, it's a problem. I think ETH did make a mistake in bringing in Onana.

I definitely don't think someone like Potter or a Gareth Southgate-type personality of a manager would work well either at this ManU either. 

Better would be someone in the style of Jurgen Klopp or a slightly different version of Postecoglou. You need someone who can make that emotional connection with players but has the tactical nous and passion for success. 

This would be unbelievably funny, and a car crash waiting to happen.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â