Manchester United

BOF

19 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Results aren't going their way, but I just want to congratulate Man United on going a week without an abuse scandal.

They'll be trying to sign Russell Brand on a free. 

• Haha 2

The big picture now is that their solutions aren't going to be coming quickly, but history says they're remain a threat, even if they have some off years. Fact is, the club's brand value is slowly declining and that might help -- or might hurt -- a sale?

Edited by Marka Ragnos

1 hour ago, Marka Ragnos said:

The big picture now is that their solutions aren't going to be coming quickly, but history says they're remain a threat, even if they have some off years. Fact is, the club's brand value is slowly declining and that might help -- or might hurt -- a sale?

Looks like perspective buyers aren’t willing to match the Glazers valuation but of course we don’t know if the valuation is realistic.

It certainly feels a bit like a changing of the guard at the moment. Chelsea and United looking like mid-table clubs and whilst in Chelsea’s case spent a lot of money neither club has any star players.

I’d love Burnley to beat them at the weekend (although I can’t see it as Burnley at terrible).

• Like 1

On 18/09/2023 at 15:05, Xela said:

Same as Poch saying Chelsea only have a small squad. 

The big 6 managers are deluded **** in the main. 

So glad we have Unai. Ange at Spuds seems decent as well. 

Well, therein lies the difference. Most of the big 6 are just "managers" who want to buy the best individual players without creating a team. Unai is a "coach" who gets the best out of his players in a team environment.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Genie said:

Looks like perspective buyers aren’t willing to match the Glazers valuation but of course we don’t know if the valuation is realistic.

It certainly feels a bit like a changing of the guard at the moment. Chelsea and United looking like mid-table clubs and whilst in Chelsea’s case spent a lot of money neither club has any star players.

I’d love Burnley to beat them at the weekend (although I can’t see it as Burnley at terrible).

I think your analysis is exactly right. it’s looking almost inevitable that the Glazers are going to get to watch the value of the club go down and down until the reality of this  situation finally hits them and they realize the club needs owner who actually give a shite  

There are whole generations who don’t have much historical sense of Manchester United that extends beyond 1993. They’re either obsessively resentful of United success in the Fergie era, or unaware that United has had many times of being mid table, but they rarely get relegated, and they often come back to bite everybody on the arse. 

1 hour ago, Marka Ragnos said:

I think your analysis is exactly right. it’s looking almost inevitable that the Glazers are going to get to watch the value of the club go down and down until the reality of this  situation finally hits them and they realize the club needs owner who actually give a shite  

There are whole generations who don’t have much historical sense of Manchester United that extends beyond 1993. They’re either obsessively resentful of United success in the Fergie era, or unaware that United has had many times of being mid table, but they rarely get relegated, and they often come back to bite everybody on the arse. 

will it though?

are the glazers even motivated sellers or do they not really care? as long as they can continue skimming the cream and the value of the club stays above the rate of interest meaning that their money is better there than in the bank (or any other investment they also dont actually need to make seeing as they're already filthy rich) in theory the value of football clubs. utd included hasnt peaked, they dont sell this year they sell in 2040 their investment just continues to grow even if utd properly decline in stature

they are a business, ran by businessmen 

seeing as utd benefitted from this shit for so long and caused so much of this bullshit that modern football has now become its **** brilliant to see

• Like 2

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

will it though?

are the glazers even motivated sellers or do they not really care? as long as they can continue skimming the cream and the value of the club stays above the rate of interest meaning that their money is better there than in the bank (or any other investment they also dont actually need to make seeing as they're already filthy rich) in theory the value of football clubs. utd included hasnt peaked, they dont sell this year they sell in 2040 their investment just continues to grow even if utd properly decline in stature

they are a business, ran by businessmen 

seeing as utd benefitted from this shit for so long and caused so much of this bullshit that modern football has now become its **** brilliant to see

That the impression I get, they offered it for sale but they are currently making a killing so not going to sell on the cheap.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, sne said:

Rashford crashing his £700k Rolls-Royce last night after the game. Good news for him is he only needs 2 weeks wages to buy a new one.

If you own a Rolls, you shouldn't be the one driving it.

• Like 1

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/24107022/man-utd-star-marcus-rashford-car-crash/

Sorry couldn't inbed this, but the most over hyped reporting I have seen in a while

"Horror crash".  Looks like he lost control in the wet and hit a lamp post at slow speed.

"Littered with debris". A few bits of car.

"Devestating aftermath".  A broken exhaust tail pipe and bit of trim on the ground.

I can't even believe those parts are from a £700.000 Rolls Royce, look like a 15 year old Mondeo.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â