Manchester United

BOF

**** off

"Based on the evidence available to us, we have concluded that the material posted online did not provide a full picture and that Mason did not commit the offences in respect of which he was originally charged. That said, as Mason publicly acknowledges today, he has made mistakes which he is taking responsibility for."

Sounds like they wanted to bring him back still but couldn't risk the justified backlash. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Says the investigation found that he wasn't guilty

I guess the Man U statement has been carefully worded by lawyers  but Greenwoods own statement says he was cleared of all charges 

I was of the understanding the girlfriend dropped her complaint thus the case collapsed  ?

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

Glad that they're getting rid of him, but I'd love to hear their explanation of that audio recording if they reckon that he "did not commit the offences".

Feels as though they've listened to the public backlash rather than having a conscience themselves.

2 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I guess the Man U statement has been carefully worded by lawyers  but Greenwoods own statement says he was cleared of all charges 

I was of the understanding the girlfriend dropped her complaint thus the case collapsed  ?

its being somewhat selective for someone that clearly abused and beat his girlfriend and should be in prison 

He wasn't cleared of anything - the withdrawal of the key witness made any hope of a realistic conviction impossible. The fact that he think it means he was "cleared" tells you everything. 

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Whoever leaked it all to the Athletic deserves a medal. 

Because they were 100% bringing him back and claiming he was innocent. 

Adam Crafton is doing excellent work at The Athletic 

Edited by The_Steve
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Good call. Genuinely surprised. Says the investigation found that he wasn't guilty which is frustrating but pretty clear that they believe he is to let go a very expensive asset as a result.

I'm not sure they're letting go of a very expensive asset for nothing.

They're working with him to find him football outside of Old Trafford - which most likely means "we've persuaded Mason to piss off to the Middle East and are currently negotiating a fee for him that covers us for our trouble - that'll be booked as FFP profit by the way as Mason came through our youth ranks, thanks very much".

Expect him to go to El-whatever for £60m sometime next week.

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â