Manchester United

BOF

I think mount is decent player but nothing special. He isn't worth 300k per week or £60m and that is what people will judge him on. He'll be an improvement on mcfred but he won't be Paul scholes or Roy Keane. The United fans will think he's not good enough for them because they're delusional about their status in English football. 

3 hours ago, villa89 said:

I think mount is decent player but nothing special. He isn't worth 300k per week or £60m and that is what people will judge him on. He'll be an improvement on mcfred but he won't be Paul scholes or Roy Keane. The United fans will think he's not good enough for them because they're delusional about their status in English football. 

He isnt a centre midfielder though, Chelsea never really played him that position and when he did he looked crap. Fred is miles better than Mount

Mount chips in with the odd goal, presses well and is decent at set pieces....thats it, he doesnt offer much more

10 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Jesus, 80,000+ seat stadium sold out today in New Jersey for Man U and Arsenal. That's a lot of enthusiasm for PL football. Is it pent-up demand or sustainable? Makes me wonder if owners have ever thought of relocating clubs internationally or having two separate homes.

There was a game a few years back that was 100,000. I’m thinking it was Real Madrid versus United but could be wrong.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Genie said:

There was a game a few years back that was 100,000. I’m thinking it was Real Madrid versus United but could be wrong.

I think it was in some college stadium

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

putting the fair in to financial fair play

Surely Sawiris can have a word 😂

It is baffling though. Just a declining also ran club now, just about top 4 standard but light years away from the title. These casual fans have got to melt away before long.

53 minutes ago, villan95 said:

Don't worry they usually buy someone like Maguire or Pogba with it 😅

And this is the reason why they look up the table at Liverpool and City. They are generally awful in the transfer market.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

It is baffling though. Just a declining also ran club now, just about top 4 standard but light years away from the title. These casual fans have got to melt away before long.

I think what would be more damaging is if utd push for their image rights in computer games, they had a whinge at FM due to their greed

If they don't have their official stuff on FM, the new EA non fifa game etc (not sure on the new pro evo whatever that's now called) it could end up disastrous, not sure ifEA release info on who players play as but I get the feeling utd have a decent percentage of global fans who don't actually watch them they just support them through FUT, social media and merchandise

5 hours ago, The_Steve said:

New Adidas kit deal worth £90m per year. Can’t compete with that 

Unbelievable. The money keeps rolling in and we have to accept pennies by comparison. :(

4 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

If only. The big companies only seem to pay the big bucks to the same handful of clubs. :rolleyes:

36 minutes ago, John said:

Unbelievable. The money keeps rolling in and we have to accept pennies by comparison. :(

Is it really that surprising?  Like them or not, United are the biggest club in the world.

7 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Is it really that surprising?  Like them or not, United are the biggest club in the world.

Maybe 10 years ago but not now, in revenue, worldwide fans, certainly not in recent success

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I think Real Madrid must be just ahead of them by now or at the very least on a par with them. They haven't been a big player since Fergie left, in the same way that they were not after Matt Busby left, hopefully there is no Fergie waiting in the wings this time. 🤞

8 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

Maybe 10 years ago but not now, in revenue, worldwide fans, certainly not in recent success

I don't mean success on the pitch.  In terms of club stature and global brand, only Madrid probably surpasses them.

I heard the PL wants to hold some regular season matches in the USA. 

As an American, I actually hate this idea. Not only does it deprive season ticket holders, it completely alters the feel of what has made English football so appealing to the world in the first place, even if it's the odd game over the course of the season. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â