Manchester United

BOF

6 minutes ago, Genie said:

I’d have thought United would be one of the few clubs that didn’t need a super-rich owner because the club generates its own money. 

Why would their fans get excited about multi-billionaire owners?

They want to be spending 1billion every 12 months instead of the 500m they do now, much wants more really. And to fix the Old Trafford leaky roof.

Wonder if they'll go for Mbappe as the statement signing.

Just now, VillaChris said:

They want to be spending 1billion every 12 months instead of the 500m they do now, much wants more really. And to fix the Old Trafford leaky roof.

I still don’t think they can complete.

Imagine if he also goes to Saudi? He’d probably command more than Benzema’s $4m a week, that would be hard to say no to.

Just now, VillaChris said:

Qatar selling M'bappe to another Qatar side? Guess it could happen. They seem pretty pissed at him atm thou.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Think United will go for Kane. Mbappe strikes be as the kind of player that wouldn't want to ruin his legacy by coming to the PL and flopping, he'll go to Madrid and stat pad.

• Like 1

I actually am not bothered about this, whilst we await the charges against Citeh, this helps dent Citeh's dominance. It also depresses the jawdies as they assumed they would be automatic nation state challengers. I think we're not far off a sweeping rule change to cater for the nation state model - with luck that spending cap touted a little while back. Shan't hold my breath though. 

4 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I actually am not bothered about this, whilst we await the charges against Citeh, this helps dent Citeh's dominance. It also depresses the jawdies as they assumed they would be automatic nation state challengers. I think we're not far off a sweeping rule change to cater for the nation state model - with luck that spending cap touted a little while back. Shan't hold my breath though. 

Not sure it will.  Money hasn't been the issue with United not keeping up with City, it's the footballing structure City put in place for Pep to succeed.  United have spent similar amounts as City under Pep in the same period, they are just run poorly.  Unless United's new owners but a solid football setup in place, they'll just keep spunking money on transfers every window,  

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Genie said:

I still don’t think they can complete.

Imagine if he also goes to Saudi? He’d probably command more than Benzema’s $4m a week, that would be hard to say no to.

Will want to win the CL a few times before he considers them so Real Madrid still solid bets you'd imagine given the interest last summer.

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

I would rather united dominated than Newcastle thats for sure.

Utd are annoying club but geordie fans have become unbearable since takeover 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I would rather united dominated than Newcastle thats for sure.

Utd are annoying club but geordie fans have become unbearable since takeover 

Spending cap maybe coming in too - this might create a bit of buyers' remorse!

17 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Spending cap maybe coming in too - this might create a bit of buyers' remorse!

Id love it if it happened but cant see the big boys agreeing. Any non state club (newcastle  city and united) should vote for wage cap it would be good for the game

19 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Id love it if it happened but cant see the big boys agreeing. Any non state club (newcastle  city and united) should vote for wage cap it would be good for the game

They’d find a way around it.

Firstly they’d have exceptions like 2 or 3 star players per squad. Then others would have a capped basic but then big appearance, win, goal, clean sheet bonuses. They’d also get loyalty payments and image rights on top.

Drafting up the paperwork would be a waste of time as it’ll just get breached.

A spending cap would be tweaked so that it was a percentage of turnover. Allowing the top clubs to spend huge amounts and stopping clubs like us or any other new takeover competing. 

There would then be huge payments made outside of official accounts to the top players/managers.

Just as happened with rugby's spending cap.

City have already been proven to have done off the books spending (their current spending figures are probably massively higher than declared).

• Like 1

On 19/06/2023 at 11:35, The_Steve said:

Scumbag who wore the shirt mocking Hillsborough victims pleaded guilty today 

Add the smirking / laughing in court to it aswell … he’s a piece of shit who’s life won’t be worth living , they’ll slice him up 

4 hours ago, VillaChris said:

How good is this Hojlund guy?

Looks like he'll be their main CF signing while the takeover drags on so a bit of pressure to hit the ground running really and stay fit.

He has potential but it would be stupid to rely on him as the main man. He also plays in an attacking Atalanta side and like Brighton players from them have struggled recently leaving the system in recent seasons

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â