Manchester United

BOF

An "inspiration?" Please. 🤢 An inspiration to chunder ... 🤢

Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag says captain Bruno Fernandes is an "inspiration to the team" after his attitude was criticised in the 7-0 Premier League defeat by Liverpool.

A visibly frustrated Fernandes appeared to push the referee's assistant in the 81st minute at Anfield.

Edited by Marka Ragnos

56 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

An "inspiration?" Please. 🤢 An inspiration to chunder ... 🤢

I'm surprised Ten Hag has said so much on the matter. A cursory, "he's been reminded of his responsibilities as captain and we stand by him.  He's apologised, we've moved on" would have been far better.

I assume internally he has been given a bollocking, but if not then that club is very much still rotten despite the eviction of Ronaldo.

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

HX1xATN.md.jpg

Deserves red, but looks way worse in a still image. He gets the ball, his foot bounces of it and hits the player in the shin. Still dangerous and not in control of the tackle, but nowhere near as bad as it looks when it's freeze framed

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

Deserves red, but looks way worse in a still image. He gets the ball, his foot bounces of it and hits the player in the shin. Still dangerous and not in control of the tackle, but nowhere near as bad as it looks when it's freeze framed

Just as well, because in freeze frame it looks like GBH.

17 hours ago, Davkaus said:

It was really pretty bad I thought.

He lunged in off the ground, studs showing, over the top of the ball and into the guys shin. I don’t know how much more of a red it could have been.

32 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

It was really pretty bad I thought.

He lunged in off the ground, studs showing, over the top of the ball and into the guys shin. I don’t know how much more of a red it could have been.

Replay here

https://dubz.co/video/7d253d

It's bad. He wins the ball, and to an extent is a bit unlucky that his foot basically bounces off the ball. The studs into the shin still probably hurt, but if you watch the replay his studs basically glance off the shinpad.

I still think it's a red, because the whole reason these challenges are banned is that sometimes you do mistime, get unlucky, and people get seriously hurt, so even if he hasn't hit the player, it's an inherently dangerous tackle. The point I was making is the still image above gave (to me at least) the impression he's planted his studs in the opponents shin, and didn't quite tell the full story IMO

Still, there aren't really different degrees of how much of a red card it is so it's probably not worth splitting hairs :D 

• Like 2

Not in control having left the floor and went in with studs up, at a perpendicular angle to the player. It's a blatant dangerous tackle and the fact he then makes contact with a planted leg means it has to be a red.

He's very luck that the leg was not an inch further forward, because it's a leg breaker if it is. Shouldn't be attempting those kind of challenges. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â