Manchester United

BOF

On 14/09/2020 at 12:24, Genie said:

Oh dear, I don’t think this is going to end well.

EF7213-B5-6-D4-C-4-B5-F-9926-21-AD7-DD5-

He’s been dragged through the papers for breaking rules on England duty and sent home in disgrace. Then later a video emerged of him smoking hippy crack. I don’t think it’s the “media’s” fault he’s in the football dog house.

You don’t smoke laughing gas (or “hippy crack“ as you call it)

Overreaction much!

Breaking the lockdown laws and being sent home in disgrace he hasn’t got a leg to stand on and I agree with his punishment for that... but inhaling nitrous oxide? Is that really cause for dragging his name through the mud?

31 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

inhaling nitrous oxide? Is that really cause for dragging his name through the mud?

It was enough for him to issue an apology so I guess maybe.

My post was more about him going in the offensive with the media for trying to ruin his career. He doesn’t seem to be being advised very well at the moment.

I also didn’t invent the term “hippy crack” it was taken from the news article.

Edited by Genie

18 hours ago, choffer said:

They are all using United to get themselves big improved contracts.

I think it shows that pound for pound players don’t really want to go there if their current clubs will match the wages. How times have changed.

Edited by Genie

6 hours ago, Genie said:

They are all using United to get themselves big improved contracts.

I think it shows that pound for pound players don’t really want to go there if their current clubs will match the wages. How times have changed.

I dunno. I highly doubt we've matched the wages Utd would have put Grealish on. I think it's more a case of they wouldn't match our valuation and Grealish was happy to not kick up a fuss and play for Villa.

Think it's a bit harsh to say he's used Utd to get a bigger contract. I don't think he's done that, and he'd have got an improved contract anyway even if there's no interest.

I'm sure what you've suggested does go on though. Messi and Rooney do it every season :D 

10 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I dunno. I highly doubt we've matched the wages Utd would have put Grealish on. I think it's more a case of they wouldn't match our valuation and Grealish was happy to not kick up a fuss and play for Villa.

Think it's a bit harsh to say he's used Utd to get a bigger contract. I don't think he's done that, and he'd have got an improved contract anyway even if there's no interest.

I'm sure what you've suggested does go on though. Messi and Rooney do it every season :D 

Tbh we don’t with any certainty. He got a big new contract 12 months ago, I’d be surprised if Villa (or any other club in the same scenario) would bump it up again if it wasn’t for interest from another club.

Jack confirmed last night what we knew already that there was interest from someone else wanting to sign him and after a chat to the owner on Saturday he committed to Villa.

Not saying Jack has used United to engineer the payrise but his agent would have reminded Villa that they’re under paying him versus what he can earn elsewhere and he’ll be happy to stay if his wages are increased (plus club is matching his ambition). It’s the way of the sport.

If a big club comes in every window offering more money then the players representative will ask for a rise or risk him wanting to leave.

• Like 1

Manure are painful.

We don't want to pay 108m - ok don't.

We don't think in the covid world 108m is a fair price - ok don't pay it

We think you should lower your price - no

Please - no

Sancho is worth 70m plus add ons - no

You can't demand 108m - yeah we can 

Stop bullying us - u wot m8

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Manure are painful.

We don't want to pay 108m - ok don't.

We don't think in the covid world 108m is a fair price - ok don't pay it

We think you should lower your price - no

Please - no

Sancho is worth 70m plus add ons - no

You can't demand 108m - yeah we can 

Stop bullying us - u wot m8

Signings like McGuire for £85m and the ludicrous deal for Alexi Sanchez do them absolutely no favours.

People know they have they money and will be back if they really want the player. 

There is no way Den Beek is going into that midfield.

Matic-Bruno and Pogba are pretty much untouchable by the way they are performing.

So they want to get closer to Liverpool and Citeh and they think they are gonna do that with a back up player in midfield? :D 

Edited by villalad21

matic started 18 games last season, fred started 23... VDB walks in to the utd midfield and improves them, hes a good signing

they have a good attack, a good midfield and then terrible CBs and GK

they didn't need grealish and they don't really need Sancho, he improves them but not in the same way that a world class CB would, maguire was a terrible signing

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

matic started 18 games last season, fred started 23... VDB walks in to the utd midfield and improves them, hes a good signing

they have a good attack, a good midfield and then terrible CBs and GK

they didn't need grealish and they don't really need Sancho, he improves them but not in the same way that a world class CB would, maguire was a terrible signing

No he doesn't.

He isn't a DM which is what they need.

Den Beek, Bruno and Pogba is not a balanced midfield. They need some steel

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â