Manchester United

BOF

Longevity, agreed. 

Success, with one individual no they won't but as Chelsea have showed its possible to win as much as United with a revolving managers door.

As for Van Gaal I guess it depends what would be deemed a success, I don't think they can even hope for anything other than CL football returning to Old Trafford by this time next year.

I'd think success for a club the size of Manure would at least be CL qualification and a good crack at a trophy semi's at least

If he doesn't get that i think he's in for a tough time

Edited by AshVilla

I think this will be a mess. Think it was in this thread I said that I can't see LVG replacing Vidic and Ferdinand properly. I predict that in Man U:s first PL game under LVG Carrick will play central defender. Think his man-management skills are outdated and there will be unrest in the squad. The best part about this is that it will bring some fun reading on RedCafe.

Who says Liverpool will drop out.

Me, just above you :P

They haven't a hope next season. This was their one shot due to a perfect storm of things going perfectly for them, and they blew it with regards to the title. They did, however, manage to get their CL spot, but I genuinely can't see them picking up more points over the course of next season than any of the other 4. City are City, Jose will improve Chelsea, United will be back in there, and Arsenal are only a couple of player short of being real contenders. They only finished 7 points off the top, after all.

You really don't know that though! Liverpool will strengthen there squad and theres no certainty that United will get into the top 4 next season.

It's weird that people are using the myth about Van Gaal's approach against him, when it all reminds me of the way Alex Ferguson acted. The greatest players need to play for a manager that has natural authority and charisma, the two things Moyes lacked completely. What is Mourinho? For most, totally despicable, but most of his players would die for him. Moyes could have done well for a club like Liverpool or Arsenal, with current players that aren't used to competing or winning trophies. But being in charge of Chelsea or United would always be impossible, as it turned out.

I don't know anything about Van Gaal to be honest, well at least not much until the last few months, but he has won trophies wherever he has been and that's always the most important thing. Will be interesting of course, I guess him and Mourinho will have a real fall-out in the media at some point.

He is scary though; just looking at his interviews I shut up and comfort myself that he's not my boss. And ugly, he's a damn ugly fella

Edited by Papillon

Just to show what I meant with LVG:s man management skills with the divas that the modern footballers are.

Franck Ribery - "I haven't had fun on the pitch once under van Gaal. I had had more than enough of it".

Luca Toni - "Van Gaal simply didn't want to work with me, he treats players like interchangeable objects."

Lucio - "Van Gaal hurt me more than anyone else in football."

Zlatan Ibrahimovic - "Van Gaal is a dictator, with no sense of humour"

Am i the only one thinking that Van Gaal is going to be a massive flop?

Moyes' biggest enemy was his predecessor, meaning he could never be anything other than a flop. The fact he wasn't Alex Ferguson meant he'd have had to have done an extraordinary job to be a success.

LVG's biggest friend is his predecessor. He's not David Moyes.

He'll have to monumentally **** things up to be a flop, because just the fact he isn't David Moyes will be a huge positive.

That's not to say he'll be a massive, roaring success. But a flop? Absolutely no chance.

The single biggest mistake that Moyes made was getting rid of the likes of Mike Phelan and old Rene whats his face. I said it at the time, it was a really really daft thing to do.

Van Gaal has been a little smarter in retaining Giggs and that will help him no end.

• Like 1

I can imagine when Moyes came in there was a collective relaxing throughout the squad, a sigh of relief after the tight ship run by Ferguson.

Moyes came in and attempted to continue it but he had fear and awe in his eyes of the players and the job.

Now LVG is coming in having seen it all before, he's going to kick ass and upset a lot of players. Some good potential for hilarity. Could succeed or fail spectularly, I'm leaning towards succeed.

Luca Toni - "Van Gaal simply didn't want to work with me, he treats players like interchangeable objects."

I can imagine when Moyes came in there was a collective relaxing throughout the squad, a sigh of relief after the tight ship run by Ferguson.

Moyes came in and attempted to continue it but he had fear and awe in his eyes of the players and the job.

Now LVG is coming in having seen it all before, he's going to kick ass and upset a lot of players. Some good potential for hilarity. Could succeed or fail spectularly, I'm leaning towards succeed.

I read the story of Luca and VG at Bayern, Lolz: 

Van Gaal had insisted from the start on two major protocols at team meals: players must eat in the same space every day and they must sit up straight. A few weeks later Van Gaal spotted Luca Toni slouched in his seat at lunch and began to shout across the canteen. When Toni took no notice Van Gaal marched across, grabbed him by the collar (he is 6ft 1in, Toni 6ft 3in) and yanked his centre-forward up and almost out of his seat before walking back to his lunch in silence. 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â