Manchester United

BOF

Strange that a manager as good as Ferguson is such a poor judge of other managers. 

Maybe not that strange.  A lot of people thought that Moyes could make the step up, before he proved that he was going to have problems doing that.  Plus, how many times has Fergie had to assess managerial candidates and find a successor?  Also, I think he badly wanted to pass on to a British manager (a dying breed in the Prem, sadly enough).

Edited by deck

If Chelsea don't win anything maybe they'll get rid of José.

No way. Chelsea are still in the Champions league. The only remaining English club. I think if Mourinho could sign Falcao or Cavani, I think Chelsea would be the best team in the league. 

• Like 1

Ferguson recommended Moyes to Manure just like he recommended McLeish to us. It smacks of one Scottish bloke trying to find other Scottish blokes a job! :D

Doing his part to reduce Jock unemployment.

It was just too much of a jump for him. Going from the second biggest team in Liverpool and having a cosy setup there as a respected underdog for 10 odd years was no way preparation of what he had to do at United, namely being brutal and getting rid of a lot of established players and taking attacking risks in games. I see him at Celtic in about a years time, and expect Moyes on MOTD by December.

I think sacking him now is pretty shameful, to be honest. They have no shot at the CL, so out of simple courtesy and respect they should have let him see out the season. This smacks of punishment, which achieves nothing. He should have been sacked in January. Now they just look vindictive. And Ferguson's record of horrible manager suggestions is intact.

Moyes sacked? Surprised sky sports aren't running wall to wall coverage of it

Sky news has taken on the role of coverage

He was being sarcastic. Sky Sports news are ONLY talking about Moyes. It's as if there is no other news.

Jesus wept, skysports1 now a 30 minute special about the David moyes sacking

is that really needed? It ALL that is on SSN today, infact they still have it in yellow breaking news, 12 hours later

I think sacking him now is pretty shameful, to be honest. They have no shot at the CL, so out of simple courtesy and respect they should have let him see out the season. This smacks of punishment, which achieves nothing. He should have been sacked in January. Now they just look vindictive. And Ferguson's record of horrible manager suggestions is intact.

It is believed that there was a clause in his contract that if fail to make CL he is paid off 1 year where as if CL still possible as would have been in January then it is a 4 year payoff. Some believe his sacking has been in the plans since the first Olympiakos match and it was just waiting to be sure impossible to make CL so it is a lower payoff. 

With them spending the first 3/4 months of his reign using his start date as an excuse for his poor start they couldnt really wait, wouldn't be surprised if they get a new manager and at least 1 player in before the World Cup

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â