Manchester United

BOF

I can see why they couldn't though. Everyone knew that squad needed an overhaul, but as far as the fans are concerned that was Sir Alex's Empire, his Team. If Moyes had come in and sold everyone and brought in his own players, and they hadn't had a good start, it would have been seen as ripping apart everything Fergie had built. I don't think they imagined their first half of the season would be this bad though, but at least now everyone can see that a mass overhaul is needed. 

It was a very difficult situation for Moyes to be in. He had to be seen as continuing where Fergie left off. To sell all his players would have been very unpopular with the fans and Moyes would have been under pressure right from the start. 

It was a bad decision, but I can see why the decision was made at the time.

Speaking to a mate of mine last night who attends the Man U games on a regular basis and consequently spends quite a bit of time in Manchester.

Apparently the word is that Van Persie isn't injured at all and wants out due to promises not being kept concerning the purchasing of better players.

I know this has also been rumoured in the press but there is some substance to it.

Speaking to a mate of mine last night who attends the Man U games on a regular basis and consequently spends quite a bit of time in Manchester.

Apparently the word is that Van Persie isn't injured at all and wants out due to promises not being kept concerning the purchasing of better players.

I know this has also been rumoured in the press but there is some substance to it.

6 month loan as cover for Kozak  :excl: 

Paper talk of between £100m and £200m available to rebuild the squad.

Look what happened at Spurs when they tried to build a squad overnight with the Bale money

Similar thing will happen at Manure if they do the same

Players need time to bed in they cannot just sign 11 players in the summer and expect to be title contenders which is what their fans will be expecting

Edited by AshVilla

I think it's a good thing for both the league and Manchester United that they are not supreme this season. Saying that, they are more than capable of reaching top four come May and they have the players/squad to do so. Last year they were very reliant on Van Persie (who wouldn't be?) and he will return at some point in the near future. Some guy said he was unhappy a few posts above this one, and if you believe stuff like that you are pretty daft. The only way for him to cause a stir would be to perform brilliantly and then ask for a transfer in the summer, it's not like he is going to get anything out of this in January. He is injured, like he has been in the past, and he will return to his best in a couple of weeks. Van Persie strikes me as a gentleman compared to many other players, and I certainly don't hold his transfer from Arsenal to United against him. He carried that team for years and they never won a damn thing, but he won the Premier League immediately when he got to Manchester. This year, again, United are closer to a title seeing they are in the Capital One Cup semis and Arsenal have been drawn against Bayern München in the Champion League. They can forget about the league as well given City and Chelsea are much stronger in the long-term IMO. Rooney is the player who probably wants to leave, not Van Persie.

Like I said, it's healthy for United and the league that they are faltering this season. I don't think much of Moyes' style, and I don't think he will necessarily stay for long, but United is built on success unlike Chelsea and Man City - so I don't hold a grudge against them at all. Everyone wanted to be in their position the last 20 years.

con: 2nd Coutinho is a brilliant player and Sterling is already doing the business in the first team so I would debate about the two Arsenal players. Ramsey is more or less the same age as Baker so he could be included in the Arsenal young players.

If Moyes survives this year it may be a good thing he didn't buy last summer. He can point the finger at Alex Ferguson for the lack of quality in the team.

And Alex Ferguson will say that team won the league by 11 points when he was the manager. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â