Manchester United

BOF

From a purely practical point of view it is probably easier to calculate how many tickets you sold compared to how many people actually turned up to the game. 

It just shows you btw what a psychological hold they still have over us that they still came to VP a month ago and took the mick with 3 nil that should've been much more. Since then they've lost to two decent sides and the games they have won they were lucky to at Hull and Norwich. Us, beaten before we got on the pitch. Again.

No idea how we break the hoodoo but whoerver the manager is will be a hero in my book...MON briefly threatened it.

Old Trafford looked very empty today, yet the crowd was announced as 73k (only around 2k off capacity), strange.

IIRC their season ticket holders have to compulsory purchase all the cup game tickets as well.

Yep.  They have to buy FA cup and Champions League tickets too.  They can opt out of buying League Cup tickets but the default setting when you buy a season ticket is that League tickets will also be included.  Under 16s can buy a season ticket which is just for the Premier League. 

Man United need an A star manager to replace Fergie, like a Mourinho or Ancelotti. They got a b - in Moyes and we're seeing now even top 4 is looking remote under him.

I do have to chuckle at those United fans not wanting Mourinho due to his poor football and lack of club values, can't see it being worse than Moyes's style of play.

Big players weren't exactly queueing up to sign for them in the summer, I said before I think the top class ones like Fabregas were waiting to see what life after Fergie would be like and whether it would be Liverpool like in the early 90s as top players don't like joining sinking ships so don't get why they'd all run now to sign in the January window.

It's been said a hundred times by now, but no superstar manager wanted to be the guy who followed Fergie.   Plenty of them will be willing to be the guy who follows Moyes. 

It's been said a hundred times by now, but no superstar manager wanted to be the guy who followed Fergie. Plenty of them will be willing to be the guy who follows Moyes.

Without a doubt.

I expect utd to try and spend their way out of this mess during January.

The Glazers? Good luck with that!

I guess in Moyes's post-match press conference he trotted out the old "There's no good players available in January" line, according to the Guardian. Of course, he couldn't any find good players in the summer either.

I guess in Moyes's post-match press conference he trotted out the old "There's no good players making themselves available in January" line, according to the Guardian. Of course, he couldn't any find good players in the summer either.

words in bold added.

it's not that there aren't good players about. the good players don't want to be part of a dive-bombing Man Utd team.

Ferguson's left. Core of the squad is about to retire. major restructuring imminent. Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal and Liverpool look much more like they are on an upward curve.

players like Edison Cavani would once have been on Man Utd's radar, now they're in the same market as Newcastle and Tottenham, but they have already hoovered up the French and Spanish leagues last winter and over the summer.

Edited by Con

players like Edison Cavani would once have been on Man Utd's radar, now they're in the same market as Newcastle and Tottenham, but they have already hoovered up the French and Spanish leagues last winter and over the summer.

That's not true at all. Manchester United generally shop in the £20-25m bracket, which is way below what Cavani went for and about what they paid for Fellaini. 

Call me crazy but I think our game against them at Old Trafford this season will be the best chance we've had of winning there in decades. Despite our dreadful home form we're pretty decent away (more so than many other seasons in fact) and United haven't been this poor at home for as long as I can remember.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â