Manchester United

BOF

Something has to be wrong if you need to start with a 40 year old in midfield. People complain about our midfield but I'd take our over theres.

Was something wrong when they won the league with a 39½ year old starting in midfield six months ago, or when he was arguably the best player on the pitch in the 5-0 win away at the second best team in Germany a week ago?  United have problems but your gross oversimplification is wide of the mark. 

United's squad just isn't that good honestly. They do have some really good players, but then again they also have some average ones mixed in. When the bigger names get hurt, then it just becomes another above average club. I don't believe their wings are all that special except maybe Valencia. Even their midfield is no longer that impressive. Plus look at their defense. Smalling, Evans and Rafeal are very beatable defenders. Moyes really needs to find his best XI and try to stick with it for a while. 

United's squad just isn't that good honestly. They do have some really good players, but then again they also have some average ones mixed in. When the bigger names get hurt, then it just becomes another above average club. I don't believe their wings are all that special except maybe Valencia. Even their midfield is no longer that impressive. Plus look at their defense. Smalling, Evans and Rafeal are very beatable defenders. Moyes really needs to find his best XI and try to stick with it for a while. 

I actually think he's been really unlucky in that his two most important players - Carrick and RVP - have been injured. They didn't suffer from that last season.

I love how Ferguson gets away with a lot from United fans even though he bought most of crap at club at moment. Worrying that after ROoney only Januzaj looks creative.

anyway we could be over them in 2 weeks. been a long time since we were that close to them at this stage of season :D

Something has to be wrong if you need to start with a 40 year old in midfield. People complain about our midfield but I'd take our over theres.

Was something wrong when they won the league with a 39½ year old starting in midfield six months ago, or when he was arguably the best player on the pitch in the 5-0 win away at the second best team in Germany a week ago?  United have problems but your gross oversimplification is wide of the mark. 

I'm not doubting his ability but you have to admit that Giggs would not get in the Chelsea, Arsenal or Man City's mid fields. Midfeld is the weak area for United. 

Sturridge's injury at Liverpool could really help them out.

They look well short of City, Chelsea and Arsenal but could edge ahead of Liverpool, Everton and Spurs.

I'd tip Everton to nick that fourth spot tbh. They've been impressive - under Martinez they seem to have gained a lot of fluidity in attack, but at the same time they've retained the defensive strength they had under Moyes (which has surprised me, given how porous Wigan's defence was last season).

Liverpool are great in attack but a little suspect defensively imo, Spurs look devoid of ideas going forward. United could very well edge ahead of them, but Everton look strong.

• Like 1

Sturridge's injury at Liverpool could really help them out.

They look well short of City, Chelsea and Arsenal but could edge ahead of Liverpool, Everton and Spurs.

I'd tip Everton to nick that fourth spot tbh. They've been impressive - under Martinez they seem to have gained a lot of fluidity in attack, but at the same time they've retained the defensive strength they had under Moyes (which has surprised me, given how porous Wigan's defence was last season).

Liverpool are great in attack but a little suspect defensively imo, Spurs look devoid of ideas going forward. United could very well edge ahead of them, but Everton look strong.

There's 3 teams going for the title and 4 teams chasing 4th spot. Tottenham should get better as the season goes along. Liverpool were very poor at Hull but Suarez in my view is the best player in the league. He could easily end up with 35/40 goals this season. 

Their squad is good enough to be challenging for the title, they won it with ease last year remember.

They needed to get Fabregas or someone of similar quality, but they didn't and we can see why they went in big for a midfielder: there is no balance in midfield and the team suffers as a result, a good midfielder brings that balance and makes the team tick.

They'll find it even harder now to bring in a big name, but I expect them to do so.

Edited by CarewsEyebrowDesigner

I actually think he's been really unlucky in that his two most important players - Carrick and RVP - have been injured. They didn't suffer from that last season.

There were stories at the the start of the season about how Moyes had abandoned SAF's special training regime for RVP and put him on tough a preseason regime with everyone else.

It could be coming back to bite him rather than just being bad luck?

As for their midfield, they had all summer to work on it and the only thing Moyes could come up with was overspending on his old midfielder from Everton.

Martinez has come into a new side as well but he has them playing much better with less funds and an inferior squad.

• Like 1

As for their midfield, they had all summer to work on it and the only thing,  Moyes could come up with was overspending on his old midfielder from Everton.

Fergie had plenty of time to address this lack of depth in midfield himself, but he didn't.

Yes, Moyes arguably could have done more to provide backup and competition for Carrick, but it's an accusation that could have been levelled at Fergie himself a season ago as well - the difference of course was that Carrick did not get injured last season, and United romped their way to the title.

City falling apart also helped them on their way, Mancini imploded and lost control of the dressing room

They won the title with 89 points though. They must have been doing something right - all Mancini's implosion explains is why City were so far behind, not why United were so consistent themselves.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â