Manchester United

BOF

Probably see Phil Jones get a run in central midfield there.

Aren't the world gurning championships held around December. He mightn't be available.
  • Like 1

So carrick plays through a injury against Arsenal (according to bbc news) now ends up out for 6 weeks. Evertons woeful injury record Moyes now seems more clear.

They have replacement strikers for RVP is my point. Hernandez and Rooney can more than do a job up there. There is no Carrick replacement.

100% agree with you. Its a major blow for united. They have  nobody else that can play the role Carrick does. A very underrated player in my view. 

So carrick plays through a injury against Arsenal (according to bbc news) now ends up out for 6 weeks. Evertons woeful injury record Moyes now seems more clear.

If they really had him play through an Achilles injury that's beyond stupid, and I blame the training staff. There's no way Achilles issues won't get worse.

If they really had him play through an Achilles injury that's beyond stupid, and I blame the training staff. There's no way Achilles issues won't get worse.

Shows how important the Arsenal game meant to them. If they had of lost that the title was gone.

If he's out "until the new year" then he misses 8 games minimum, and that assumes he's back for game 9 on New Years Day. All aboard the roflcopter.

Yeah really appalled with how shit arsenal were on Sunday. That was a real chance to shut Yanited out of the title race.

Still without carrick they will be far weaker.

I guess the emotions of winning at Dortmund may have played a part in how they started that game. Also they really missed Mertesacker as he's been brilliant this season. Playing Ramsey on the right didn't work. Ozil was really poor. 

Still think United are a couple of injuries away from missing out on a top 4 spot. Yes they have replacements up front but nobody can really replace VP if he gets injured. Rooney will burn out by the end of the season and be shit for England again. 

These injuries are always given as worst case, how often is it said Rooney will be out for 6 weeks and he's very often back in 3. That said you do have to be careful with Achilles injuries.

Man. United have been weak in central midfield for a while, Carrick is really the glue that holds everything together.

Giggs- Can still do a remarkable job on occasions due to his age but obviously not a week in week out solution.

Jones- Will imagine he'll get a run now. Still think long term he's a CB.

Cleverley- Hasn't really progressed, could get found out big time without Carrick's positioning.

Fellani- Not started off well at all. He's actually got a wrist injury that's being delayed to be operated on aswell. IMO his best form at Everton came playing advanced off the main striker, I don't think he's good enough in a central two.

Anderson- How on earth is this bloke still there. I swear the last time he played regularly for Man. United was 08/09, his agent did well getting them to give him a long term contract. You can guess I don't rate him.

Kagawa- The wildcard option. Maybe have him in a midfield trio?

Arsenal have been bottling big games for about 7 years now. So should have seen it coming really.

Yes but they didn't bottle it at Dortmund. To be fair  a win against Liverpool and Dortmund and defeat at United isn't bad. Its not like they were blown away by United like United were at City.. 

Arsenal have been bottling big games for about 7 years now. So should have seen it coming really.

Yes but they didn't bottle it at Dortmund. To be fair  a win against Liverpool and Dortmund and defeat at United isn't bad. Its not like they were blown away by United like United were at City..

I'm classing big games as QF SF F, and title games , bunch of mincers in effect with no balls.

Maybe something along these lines.

369c64100eec1f30dbf3d050e2050540.png

It's still not a bad team, is it?  Sometimes triumph comes out of adversity too, this might be where Fellaini finally starts to look like the midfield powerhouse he was at Everton. 

I'm classing big games as QF SF F, and title games , bunch of mincers in effect with no balls.

1. The Dortmund game was bigger than the United one. Loose that and they are struggling to stay in the competition.

2. The United one wasn't a title game. 

Maybe something along these lines.

369c64100eec1f30dbf3d050e2050540.png

Doesn't look convincing at all in central midfield. They need a calming, possession-keeping type in midfield and apart from Carrick, United have no one capable of playing that role.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â