Manchester United

BOF

really?

United have played that way since Ronaldo left and have not been a great attacking team the media like to portray them as especially in the big games

When Scholes was in the side yes, but they lack quality in there now. Carrick is ok. 

Also cannot see this media hype about Rooney.

Whal, he runs about a lot, so ****.  World class? He is nowhere near it.

Really, the way the media go on about certain players they just want to ass-**** is ridiculous.

He's still one of the best players in the Premier League. Problem is hes always knackered by the time the finals of a major international tournament starts

Also cannot see this media hype about Rooney.

Whal, he runs about a lot, so ****.  World class? He is nowhere near it.

Really, the way the media go on about certain players they just want to ass-**** is ridiculous.

He's still one of the best players in the Premier League. Problem is hes always knackered by the time the finals of a major international tournament starts

Problem is he is a total douchebag with as much likeability as a cup of cold sick. I can't believe he will be in all probability break Sir Bobby's england goalscoring record. Got my ticket for 15/12/13. Please, please, please beat this plastic moneygrabbing  arrogant football club for once Villa.

I'm still not totally convinced. Their midfield is weak. They are very reliant on Van Persie and Rooney. Yes they got a 1-0 win against Arsenal but Arsenal had just come back from a massive win against Dortmund. They were without their best defender and they won by getting men behind the ball. That's not what we associate with United teams. West Brpm proved teams don't have to go to Old Trafford and fear them this season. Top 4 maybe but title not for me. Liverpool are a better bet than United.

They are obviously not. Nothing suggests to me that Liverpool will finish above United this season, at least not their first-XI or squad. They have had a "great" start to the season with a fairly easy program, United have had a "horrendous" start to the season with a fairly shit program. The difference? 3 points... which is nothing, and next week Liverpool go away to Everton whilst United play Cardiff in Wales. United got off to a bad start under extreme scrutiny from the media, now they are right back into the mix. I would say City are in worse shape, those three losses away have been extremely poor and they are all against teams that will more than likely finish in the bottom 10.

Look at the squads and see who can come in from the bench, the same ones that will play when others are injured or knackered. Yesterday United played without Rio Ferdinand, Ashley Young, Nani, Adnan Januzaj, Marouane Fellaini, Rafael da Silva, Tom Cleverley, Danny Welbeck and Javier Hernandez from start. Look at Arsenal's bench last night and see how weak they are when a few are injured, they will never stay the course when Bendtner is the one to change things around. Liverpool have Luis Alberto, Victor Moses, Joe Allen and Raheem Sterling to put in when the going gets tough, it's not like Luis Suarez will fire on all cylinders every single game.

Their midfield has been ridiculed for years now, but how could they win the league last season when they had the exact same people there minus Fellaini and Januzaj? City still had Silva, Touré and Nasri et al, but they overall lacked cohesion just like they are doing now. Doesn't matter if you can smash Norwich 7-0 playing the most attacking football in the league, if you lose to Cardiff, Villa and Sunderland away in the first 10 games of the season.

I don't hold United as favorites to the title either, but their team is mostly underrated on here IMO. Facts are facts, they won the title last season and it was not all down to Van Persie. Liverpool had Suarez last season, who was praised just as much if not more, they finished 28 points behind United! Defense was the reason perhaps? They let in the same amount of goals. Maybe the midfield was/is not as bad as people make out.

By the way, WBA beating United away in the beginning of the season doesn't mean anything does it? We beat Arsenal away, does that mean they are **** as well? Southampton beat Liverpool a few weeks ago, all unlikely results. Every top team lose a game against crap opposition once in a while, I remember Barcelona losing 2-0 to Hercules at home in 2010, they finished 19th in the end. Barcelona won 16 of the other home games and got 96 points to seal the title.

Football is a game with equal emphasis put on ability and squad over the course of the season. Liverpool, for me, do not possess a great first-XI expect for Suarez/Gerrard and maybe Sturridge, and their squad is basically crap. Never going to win the title.

Evening Rocafella. ;)

I don't think United will win the league (just can't see a Moyes team reeling off win after win after win like Fergie would do) but they will finish in the top 4. Some were getting carried away a few weeks back saying they'd finish 6th or 7th.

I'm still not totally convinced. Their midfield is weak. They are very reliant on Van Persie and Rooney. Yes they got a 1-0 win against Arsenal but Arsenal had just come back from a massive win against Dortmund. They were without their best defender and they won by getting men behind the ball. That's not what we associate with United teams. West Brpm proved teams don't have to go to Old Trafford and fear them this season. Top 4 maybe but title not for me. Liverpool are a better bet than United.

They are obviously not. Nothing suggests to me that Liverpool will finish above United this season, at least not their first-XI or squad. They have had a "great" start to the season with a fairly easy program, United have had a "horrendous" start to the season with a fairly shit program. The difference? 3 points... which is nothing, and next week Liverpool go away to Everton whilst United play Cardiff in Wales. United got off to a bad start under extreme scrutiny from the media, now they are right back into the mix. I would say City are in worse shape, those three losses away have been extremely poor and they are all against teams that will more than likely finish in the bottom 10.

Look at the squads and see who can come in from the bench, the same ones that will play when others are injured or knackered. Yesterday United played without Rio Ferdinand, Ashley Young, Nani, Adnan Januzaj, Marouane Fellaini, Rafael da Silva, Tom Cleverley, Danny Welbeck and Javier Hernandez from start. Look at Arsenal's bench last night and see how weak they are when a few are injured, they will never stay the course when Bendtner is the one to change things around. Liverpool have Luis Alberto, Victor Moses, Joe Allen and Raheem Sterling to put in when the going gets tough, it's not like Luis Suarez will fire on all cylinders every single game.

Their midfield has been ridiculed for years now, but how could they win the league last season when they had the exact same people there minus Fellaini and Januzaj? City still had Silva, Touré and Nasri et al, but they overall lacked cohesion just like they are doing now. Doesn't matter if you can smash Norwich 7-0 playing the most attacking football in the league, if you lose to Cardiff, Villa and Sunderland away in the first 10 games of the season.

I don't hold United as favorites to the title either, but their team is mostly underrated on here IMO. Facts are facts, they won the title last season and it was not all down to Van Persie. Liverpool had Suarez last season, who was praised just as much if not more, they finished 28 points behind United! Defense was the reason perhaps? They let in the same amount of goals. Maybe the midfield was/is not as bad as people make out.

By the way, WBA beating United away in the beginning of the season doesn't mean anything does it? We beat Arsenal away, does that mean they are **** as well? Southampton beat Liverpool a few weeks ago, all unlikely results. Every top team lose a game against crap opposition once in a while, I remember Barcelona losing 2-0 to Hercules at home in 2010, they finished 19th in the end. Barcelona won 16 of the other home games and got 96 points to seal the title.

Football is a game with equal emphasis put on ability and squad over the course of the season. Liverpool, for me, do not possess a great first-XI expect for Suarez/Gerrard and maybe Sturridge, and their squad is basically crap. Never going to win the title.

Arsenal will be stronger when they get some of these players back. They have had three forwards out injured all season. Walcott is a player that can get behind defences. They have plenty of depth in midfield. United's midfield was so poor Fergy had to beg Scholes come out of retirement. Giggs is nearly 40 and  still playing.. Van Persie won the league last season for them. If he was still playing for Arsenal they'd be 8 points clear by now.

I'll be honest I am sick of United winning the league and i do want them to finish outside the top 4. Arsenal are the only contender i don't mind and i have always been a big fan of Ramsey.

Guess the January transfer window could be vital

There are rumours emanating that Michael Carrick will be out until at least the new year with an achilles injury. Given the complete lack of backup for him and their relative dearth in central midfield it's not OTT to say he's arguably the single most important player in that squad. My United mate is currently re-assessing his top 4 prediction :P

There are rumours emanating that Michael Carrick will be out until at least the new year with an achilles injury. Given the complete lack of backup for him and their relative dearth in central midfield it's not OTT to say he's arguably the single most important player in that squad. My United mate is currently re-assessing his top 4 prediction :P

In other words, the possibility of losing Carrick to injury is United's Achi--

• Like 3

He couldn't play the Carrick role. They're going to have to either change their style or put in a very inferior replacement. Along with de Gea he's the least replaceable player they have :D

I find this amusing, mainly because I don't rate Carrick at all and he seems to be very important to them!

He couldn't play the Carrick role. They're going to have to either change their style or put in a very inferior replacement. Along with de Gea he's the least replaceable player they have :D

I would say RVP is the player they couldnt do without it

I would say RVP is the player they couldnt do without it

True, but they could always put Rooney up top..

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â